Will DS/DSi flash carts work on the 3DS?

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Varia said:
AlanJohn said:
3ds games will all be almost 1gb

The max capacity of 3DS carts is 8GB. 2GB at launch.
Most games will (probably) be OVER 1GB, not under, so I don't know how you expect to fit 32 games on a 32GB MicroSD card.
I most games will only be a few hundred MB. The wii uses dvd s that can store upto 4.7GB but a lot of gamees like NSMB use only 400 MB.

D

Deleted_171835

Scott-105 said:
Meh, even if flashcarts don't work, I don't really care. I think the games will be really big, and annoying to download.
It won't be annoying to download. I download Wii isos that are about 4GB in size.
at least for me.

Plus, I doubt the game would take up all the space available on the 3DS cartridge. You'll probably be able to scrub the game files and lower the size of the file. If I have a flashcart with a 16GB microSD card, I could fit at least 10 games and that's depending on the size of the game file.

ThePeon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hehe just for fun no flash card will work but the ones who makes them manage to create a new one just for 3ds so you all have to spend more money on a new flash card hehe.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atomex said:
Please... Don`t hack the 3DS yet.

will be a terrible situation for the releases of best games.

Please, do it but 3 years later.
All we want to do, for now, is get a DS flash cart to work so we can have our DS backups(and homebrew) on the cart, not 3DS games on it.

At least, that's all I want to do.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
All we want to do, for now, is get a DS flash cart to work so we can have our DS backups(and homebrew) on the cart, not 3DS games on it.

+1. While I would eventually like a 3DS cart/Homebrew channel, I don't mind if it takes a bit. But I would at least like to have a DS mode cart so I can give away/sell/etc my ds lite. Like I said before, if nothing else I need my emus.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
atomex said:
Please... Don`t hack the 3DS yet.

will be a terrible situation for the releases of best games.

Please, do it but 3 years later.

+2, this is my only real intent for flashcarts on the 3DS.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as 3DS hacking goes, i would love to be able to play DS games on the 3DS for free still. (Either way, planning to go and buy a few of the Pokemon games, and a few other games i liked like Etrian Oddysey and Shin Megami Tensei).

Though, i dont think i want 3DS games to ever be hacked. The system has so much potential, hacking would kill a great majority of the smaller companies taking risks.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I had a dream about the 3DS last night.

I dreamt I had it and I was playing the demo kirby game. Then suddently i found this bug similar to the twilight hack for wii and I jizzed in my pants. /end

1234turtles

Memer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arithmatics said:
I had a dream about the 3DS last night.

I dreamt I had it and I was playing the demo kirby game. Then suddently i found this bug similar to the twilight hack for wii and I jizzed in my pants. /end
XD

qwety

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preordered just now, with Samurai Chronicles since thats the only interesting game on our lame launch day list >_< Overall, I'm excited and I'm hoping that the 3DS is not cracked soon because I want to see it at max potential.

mrp73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mooiweer said:
it seems likenit's just turn out bad about this things i had swome hope but it has all to have stick to mad goling rules companies have.. i would enjoy more but things getting poor and more, so i dont see any good of it now, i have experient the history about games going up and now for four or maybe little more it doesnt have good enough. only high skillet people can have good job and players who know how to play seem like what it is and it isnt so good after all for each game. so the next games what look a little better dont be so much better. you learn about things what comes to games and using you own fantasy, it has many times not so good support eighter, or how youy should say that. i have a nds and are very angry about i having on new computer systems good support, the gaps are far too big to have it without worries continue playable enjoying for a player,special for this kinda company, you better become a tester of free new games to see what's improved. the law how it takes years and the freedom how it could be better what was possible : look to me i have to deal about a new job with people who are almost twice my age thats not good to argue with. they dont see how to focus enough at the gate, heaven if you ask me.. i guess most do struggle with serice time at school and army in one time.. so the whole government does deal what it not should I AM RIGHT (no rules get phat is a game what my gramma and grandpa needs to play in heaven??? they just dont
load huh>? in my oppion you just have to take access free to nonsense like upgrowing news in gaming business nothing about dump licences.. not me but others need to go - home coming?? for they, they can sniff but they dont do, so i can if would. over an year i really want to. to thing comes and i be becomegoin'
wink.gif
btw.. your opions are way to small what'sya studdy??? 20% conversation 80% selling?? come on

I couldn't agree with you more. Or less. Who's onion was that? My head hurts.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My guess would be that they won't work (or at least the vast majority). The 3DS has a level of multitasking, so I'd guess that maybe it may check what's being played not just on loading it, but while it's being run.

If anything were developed though, I'd rather some type of softmod/CFW, as with the PSP, rather than a flashcard solution.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
My guess would be that they won't work (or at least the vast majority). The 3DS has a level of multitasking, so I'd guess that maybe it may check what's being played not just on loading it, but while it's being run.

If anything were developed though, I'd rather some type of softmod/CFW, as with the PSP, rather than a flashcard solution.
3DS multitasking doesn't affect DS-mode games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM