Hacking will doing this update system nana (rxtools)

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started trying to find a way to copy my Pokemon x game save i ripped the retail game but the save was corrupted . i got a suggestion to do this

3. Get the legit cia, install it, backup your emunand, update it with rxtools, download the save data transfer tool on 9.6, use it to transfer your save (you won't be able to put it back in the cartdrige), then restore your 9.5 emunand and use sdf to delete the secure value.

Well i did all of that the save data tool says i have to be on latest firmware and if im not it will update
So i have stopped there. i figured i should ask if this will update emunand or system nand

and while we are the subject of rxtools. Can i use emunand 9.5 (gateway) on my main sd card and rxtool emu on another sd to download updates etc. then transfer them to the other emunand sd card.

I am new to rx tools so im not sure what all i can do with it. i assume the above wont work because i wont be able to install save data filer to the rxtools emunand.

Reactions: blinkzane

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can run rxtools on emunand 9.6. Just before you do anything rip your emunand and copy everything from your sd card to your computer first.

Also when transferring back your emunand use emunand tool 1.1, for whatever reason 1.3 says the emunand is a n3ds emunand when trying to overwrite the rxtools emunand

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No you have to use the same sd card. I don't know why you are so worried, I already said you won't lose anything if you do a backup of your 9.5 emunand before updating to 9.6. :/

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you have to use the same sd card. I don't know why you are so worried, I already said you won't lose anything if you do a backup of your 9.5 emunand before updating to 9.6. :/

No. You dont understand. I have done what you suggested. Im on 9.6. Rxtools. Im stock where save data transfer is. saying. It will update. Firmware if im not one tje latest one. Im worried that if for some reason it trys to update. It will update system nand instead of emunand. And as for my secound question i know i have to us my main sd card to do this but can. I set up another card so i can use rxtools and emunand tools when im.done doing this.

Also i was not worried i was going to lose any thing i was worried id have to re install all the cia again with.big bluemenu and import my save again like i did the ladt time i had to inject a emunand back up

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can run rxtools on emunand 9.6. Just before you do anything rip your emunand and copy everything from your sd card to your computer first.

Also when transferring back your emunand use emunand tool 1.1, for whatever reason 1.3 says the emunand is a n3ds emunand when trying to overwrite the rxtools emunand

Well thank you. For trying to help. I know it works on 9.6. Because. Thsts whst im curtently on. I had to setup rxtools so i could donload save data transfer tool.

The part about 1.3 vs 1.1 i did not know so that should be helpful

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No. You dont understand. I have done what you suggested. Im on 9.6. Rxtools. Im stock where save data transfer is. saying. It will update. Firmware if im not one tje latest one. Im worried that if for some reason it trys to update. It will update system nand instead of emunand. And as for my secound question i know i have to us my main sd card to do this but can. I set up another card so i can use rxtools and emunand tools when im.done doing this.

Also i was not worried i was going to lose any thing i was worried id have to re install all the cia again with.big bluemenu and import my save again like i did the ladt time i had to inject a emunand back up

I don't think it will update anything, but if you're worried abiut that just choose another language for your sysnand, like that even if it tries to update it you will immediately notice.

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i got the save transfered i was hopeing to use my own rom but i know the cia dosent have a header etc.

i almost had a heartattach tho it said updating but im not sure what updated im still on 9.0

and and you have to have wifi on to use the save tool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr