It seems like it would be simple to answer, but I can't find any other ask's that answer it. I would like to find out if possible before I buy the digital version and sell my copy. I don't wish to transfer my save, as I want to start over and am just looking to see if I would run into any errors, were I to decide to keep my physical copy to play two of. If anyone wants more clarification, I can try and describe it with less gibberish and more detail, but I'm having trouble putting it to words. Main reason I'm looking to ditch the cartridge is laziness to swap games constantly.
Update September 17, 2018:
Any and all data stored on the SD for any game that you have two(2) or more copies of in any form (cartridge-digital download-cia backup-injection) will be overwritten every time you swap copies.
Games I Checked Personally:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Deletes current ext data and creates new - I do not know what is included in the ext data, assuming it's not important to the game because both seem to run fine.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Freaks out a lot and tried to overwrite my save data, then told me it was corrupted. Only happened the first time out of 3, so may just be another variable that I do not know of.
Pokemon Omega Ruby: Recreates data backup
Over-all, unless the save data is stored on the SD card, it seems to be pretty safe to own two(2) copies of the game. Honestly I don't know why I tested this out, but it was fun and I can share details if requested.
Update September 17, 2018:
Any and all data stored on the SD for any game that you have two(2) or more copies of in any form (cartridge-digital download-cia backup-injection) will be overwritten every time you swap copies.
Games I Checked Personally:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Deletes current ext data and creates new - I do not know what is included in the ext data, assuming it's not important to the game because both seem to run fine.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Freaks out a lot and tried to overwrite my save data, then told me it was corrupted. Only happened the first time out of 3, so may just be another variable that I do not know of.
Pokemon Omega Ruby: Recreates data backup
Over-all, unless the save data is stored on the SD card, it seems to be pretty safe to own two(2) copies of the game. Honestly I don't know why I tested this out, but it was fun and I can share details if requested.
Last edited by Meowxin,







