Hacking Will class 10 micro sdhc work with flash carts?

famicon_don

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to know if class 10 micro sdhc cards will work with DSi flash carts? Would it be overkill to get a class 10 over a class 6? I really just want a fast quality micro sdhc that is capable of playing the DS castlevania games (especially Portrait of Ruin). Could anyone recommend one.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Class rating only pertains to write speed, not read speeds...

Edit-
Joe88 said:
class refers to the write speed, not read...

http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/speed_class/

thats why Ive been telling people it doesnt make a difference if you get a class 2 card

ph34r.gif
'd

NDS-Gear

Trophies
Website
www.NDS-Gear.com
XP
Country
United States
It would work completely fine but definitely overkill unless nanosecond-gamesaves are of paramount importance
smile.gif
From personal experience I've noticed a difference between Class 2 and 4 cards, but anything above 4 there is no noticable difference for me.

Bree500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like to listen my music in fast forward mode. Its really cool when every artist sounds like the chipmonks. I currently use class 2, would class 10 fast forward my mp3 music?

Just kidding.

You guys are pros. I need to upgrade my card. Walmart only offers class 2, i have to shop somewhere else.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:

thats why Ive been telling people it doesnt make a difference if you get a class 2 card
It does if you ever need to reformat, or move a lot of files in and out at once.

The 8 gig in my DStwo currently is only a class... 4 I think. And boy am I paying for it waiting for the stuff I move back and forth from it. Save times are also shorter on a faster-class card I've noticed. I've got a 4gig class 10 in my digital camera, and it's near-instant for saving and loading images from. Problem is, it's only a full-size SD, so that won't help me with my problem.

I'd like to get a 32-gig class 10, but I just don't have the moolah for it. It'd be nice if I could at least get a business going with reflowing ps3's and stuff or something similar. Just something where I can make some money on the side to help with stuff like that.
closedeyes.gif

From my expeirence, the higher-rating of class helps a LOT. Of course, YMMV.

Bree500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where do you buy a 32gb class 10? You can't get them at any major retail store, i have already looked.

I went to wallmart, target, and fry's electronics. Target only had up to 4gb of micro sd card and class 4 was their highest. Walmart had up to 8gb and class 2 was their highest and you only get one option and thats a sandisk micro sd card. Fry's electronics had up to 16gb but its with manufactorers i am not too familiar with, Patriot and kingston.

I wouldn't buy any memory cards from any online stores since they are most likely not real.

So where can i buy a 32gb class 10 memory card from a major retail store?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bree500 said:
where do you buy a 32gb class 10? You can't get them at any major retail store, i have already looked.

I went to wallmart, target, and fry's electronics. Target only had up to 4gb of micro sd card and class 4 was their highest. Walmart had up to 8gb and class 2 was their highest and you only get one option and thats a sandisk micro sd card. Fry's electronics had up to 16gb but its with manufactorers i am not too familiar with, Patriot and kingston.

I wouldn't buy any memory cards from any online stores since they are most likely not real.

So where can i buy a 32gb class 10 memory card from a major retail store?
You don't need class 10 for flashcart. Sandisk Class 2 is plenty enough for you.

Even if there is a 32GB Class 10, it'll be priced so high.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
codezer0 said:
Joe88 said:

It does if you ever need to reformat, or move a lot of files in and out at once.

The 8 gig in my DStwo currently is only a class... 4 I think. And boy am I paying for it waiting for the stuff I move back and forth from it. Save times are also shorter on a faster-class card I've noticed.

I've got a 4gig class 10 in my digital camera, and it's near-instant for saving and loading images from. Problem is, it's only a full-size SD, so that won't help me with my problem.
you camera constantly writes to the card thus higher class would be better in that situation, however we are talking DS flashart's loading games, rarely do the carts even write to the card and almost always it just game saves, which would only shave very little time off with a higher class card

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bree500 said:
where do i buy a 32gb any class micro sd card from a major retail store?

Newegg, which is not a major retail storefront, but a major retail vendor online, has been carrying 32gb microsd's for months now, pretty much from the moment they came onto the market.

and, on-topic, for people who move data to and from the microSD itself frequently, higher class IS worth it, especially if it is a difference of less than 10 dollars you're talking about. since i like to try out new or alternative operating software, i really like having the faster write speeds, as i usually give a quick format if i'm completely changing out the flash kit's OS. so i have to add all my roms again when i change out the "firmware" on a flash kit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...