Kiok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
Ok we all know wiiware is comming out in June or maybe its may.. whatever im just wondeirng how the wii has space capasity to hold the wiiware games. I mean from what i know so far the Wii only has 512 MB Flash Memory. So how is it going to hold these games even talking the updated content for some of the titles espically Final Fantasy game. Sure dont know how thats fits. Well maybe Nintendo might release a hardrive in the furture. What do you guys think?

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
At least for now.. use a SD card
tongue.gif

Also, when you're developing a game for Wiiware, you need to keep in mind that the Wii has only 512MB.. if you make a game that's too big, you might lose a sale if your costumer doesn't have enough space to download it.. So, I'm sure Wiiware games won't be too big..

r3z

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've heard that Nintendo are making some kind of proprietary USB add-on that you will be able to play VC/WiiWare titles from.

btw, the FF additional content is only 1-2 blocks each - I think most of the stuff is in the initial download, and the downloads just unlock it for use within the game. I've got to what appears to be the final dungeon and you don't really need the extra buildings/etc which they've released so far at all, but they appear to be planning to release new dungeon packs eventually also which would be good to extend the game further.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Nintendo won't release any storage upgrade. If anything, it'll be a revised Wii system that comes out.

512MB sucks...but they do allow you do delete/re-download so it is manageable. WiiWare games thus far have been around 50MB, too.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If they don't allow me to directly boot off my SD card they won't get any more money from me. I payed for the games (dropped like 200 bucks on VC games already) and I don't want to transfer from my SD card to my Wii when I am ready to play.

Most the games I bought are pick up and play games so I might be like "I'm gonna play a round of SMB" I don't want to sit for even two minutes and wait for a transfer.

I don't want hard drive space but loading off of MicroSDHC support would be perfect for me

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
They are compressed and expand as you play, it's a good system but hopefully the loading time arennt huge

perimbean

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Quoting from Wii Operations Manual (Channels and Settings) (page 26),

Download Virtual Console games from teh Wii Shop Channel and play games from the NES, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, TurboGrafx16, NEOGEO and more (subject to availabilty). After downloading, a Virtual Console game will appear as its own channel in the Wii Menu.

In total, there are 48 channels of which on my NTSC-J set, I've used up about 16 channels...if I were to get VC games, wouldn't it take up all the channels?

rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1