Homebrew Wiiware Forwarder Problems

Wiisee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Having followed this excellent guide by tristar: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207530
I am still having problems... although it is only with installing forwarder channels, not with playing wiiware/vc from USB via uloader.

I have used Crap chanel maker, and have done succesfully for a while now having been introduced to it here on these very forums.
It works excellent for most of my games, but when i have tried with my VC/WW games i have recently installed to my WBFS partition on my USB, although it will create the wad and install on the wii showing, it doesnt work.

I then go into Uloader, then choose fat, and the very same game works. Note, on CFG usb loader, it doesnt work.

So im wondering, is there a way to make forwarders to the installed WW/VC games on the usb or do we need go through Uloader/fat each time?

I should note, i use quite old software i.e 3.2E menu, and Rev 17.

I wondered additionally if this may be a problem, as i read that Rev 18 is preferrable.

Hope someone can help, and again thanks for all your help on this one. I have also succesfully used triiforce in the past, but find this seems more compatible.. the only thing is i would love Forwarders to work. I point them to the right place but.... ahh....

Thanks for any help on this.

Wii

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...I started using Tristar's program as well, lately. And from what I understand of it, it actually forwards to triiforce r78 with the options that are defined with the forwarder.

This means that the compatibility of Tristar's program is limited to what triiforce (r78) can run. For the same reason: since triiforce only works on rev17 (or 14), upgrading to a later version will only put you further away from getting your wiiware to play.

So basically...if you copy USB:\NandGames\Loader.dol into USB:\apps\triiforce\boot.dol and then run that dol from the HBC, you should be able to play your games through that (triiforce). It's only if you manage to make your wiiware work in that program that a forwarder will do anything.

You mention you use uloader. By default, that program stores your emulated nand on USB:\NAND (those folders named shared1, sys and so on). Triiforce, however, needs to have those folders in the root of your USB drive. So your solution may be as simple as just to move (or copy) these folders to your root drive, but I don't know for sure (uloader makes its own emulated nand...I don't know, however, if that includes all the files triiforce needs to properly emulate a nand).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu