Wiiware covers in USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by johand, Dec 18, 2013.

1. johand
    OP

johand Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2013
    Belgium
    So i bought "Art Of Balance", wich appers on my WII channels. How do i only integrate this Art Of Balance game into USB Loader GX, and NOT all WII channels together?

2nd if i quit Art Of Balance - and choose to go to title screen - when i started it through the WII channel everything is OK. When i quit Art Of Balance when i started it through USB Loader GX (back to title screen) the WII crashes and i have to reboot it to regain access.

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    You can hide channels by using the category filtering menu.

In latest beta (not in 3.0 r1080), there's a new advanced filtering method.
    You can learn how it work here : http://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-778#post-4251265

And see how to use it to hide channels here : http://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-776#post-4233463
    (Check the 3ed method).

About the issue with the wii crashing, do you have the setting "return to" enabled in the loader?
    verify that this channel is installed and works fine (launch a Wii games and exit to return to the selected channel. Usually, you select to return to UNEO channel, it's the USBLoaderGX Forwarder)

3. johand
    OP

johand Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2013
    Belgium
    Thx for the category / filter method
    Where do i find the "return to" setting - is it per game or a general setting?
    The forwarder thing: That's for automatically go to the USB Loader GX when starting the WII?

4. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    The channel's main purpose is to launch the loader without going into the homebrew channel.
    It can also be used with the "return to" feature to automatically go back to the loader when exiting a game.

The forwarder channel (for Wii) is here, you install it with a wad manager : http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-...er GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad&can=2&q=

"Return to" is in Global Settings > Loader settings > Return to : USBLoaderGX (it will find this name if you have the forwarder installed).

and then in per game settings, it's enabled by default, you can enable/disable it.

5. johand
    OP

johand Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2013
    Belgium
    OK returning to the USB Loader GX after a game is closed, works! thx for that.

In case of wiiware "Art Of Balance" i have 3 option when i click the home button:

- WII menu, which gets me back to the usb loader gx

- Reset (or "Titel scherm" - "title screen" in dutch language - not a correct transaltion i think), which makes the wii crash

manual (game specific)

so clicking the reset button in the game makes the wii crash.

any ideas?

6. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    nobody use reset?
    it's not patched by the loader, and has different effect depending on the games you are playing.
    Sometime it correctly reset the game, sometime it exit/reboot the wii, sometime it crashes.

Use exit to exit/reset/relaunch the game.

7. johand
    OP

johand Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2013
    Belgium
    Kan i hide that button?

8. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    no. It's also game specific (developers are creating their own Home menu layout for each game, deciding which buttons/transparency/sound/cursor it will use, only the "exit to system menu" is always present in the home menu).
    Just always use the left button to exit games.