WiiU (vWii) Emulation Vs Super Gameboy?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by mikeyt1998, Oct 29, 2015.

1. mikeyt1998
    OP

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    So I run a channel on YouTube dedicated to glitching games. I like to try and have the best quality video so that it's more appealing for people to watch. With GB games that can be difficult because of the low resolution GB uses!

I'm just wondering, when using VbaGX on the homebrew channel, do you get the same colours and palletes as if you were using the Super Gameboy for SNES? The colour you get from the Super Gameboy looks great but I'm not sure if emulating through VbaGX gives the same effect.

If someone could clear that up for me I'd be happy! Or even better, if there's a way to Emulate Pokemon Blue + Super Gameboy Cartridge at the same time on SNES9xGX then that'd be even better!

Thanks guys. Not sure if this is in the right section or not but if not please move it, I never know with these kinds of questions!

2. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    I think your best bet is to fire it up yourself and see if you like it.... For a bigger range of colours I'd consider trying the gambatte core on Retroarch-wii, some of those palette options do come close to SGB colours, particularly on the likes of Pokemon Blue.
    But wouldn't the best option be a PC emulator? There's lots to choose from, better range of resolutions, and even dedicated working Super Game Boy itself (through Higan)

3. mikeyt1998
    OP

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    I did consider PC Emulation, but I tend to be using the PC for editing so much during the process of recording that I like to keep the PC free at all times!

I'll check out Retroarch Wii, never tried that one out though I've heard some good things about it! Otherwise, PC may be the best bet. Thanks dude!