Master0fBlunt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this game just tell me what I can do. I wanna help

I hate to be negative but the odds of that bsod occuring again are phenominal. This "incident" leading to a breakthrough of sorts is unliky imo. I really goofed when i didnt record on paper what i did, right after i did it. If you want to try then by all means. Unfortunately all i know for sure was that i was in a hctdm lobby. I do remember my console getting sluggish the last moments before crashing though. There was a pop up window open when it crashed maybe, like a "use the pro ctrlr", or "leave lobby" or something; one of those or similar i think.

The bsod is basically saying, "i have no answer for this". Ive been racking my brain trying to figure out what little detail was overlooked that allowed this. i.e. i tried yanking out the ext. hdd with the blops update/patch on it, but the wiiu had an answer for that, that being a screen sayin "blah usb ext. hd removed, reinsert n restart blah blah" That means the unit had an answer to that issue, which is stop the game and open a window. Now with that theory in mind, ive been racking my brain trying to deduce what i did that the unit would not have an answer for. I think its in the menus, like i said i had something in the foreground like custom classes or w/e when it crashed, but i think i remember there being a pop up involved. Try crashing the pop ups by getting multiple of them. Like join a party and fail, and when you get drug back to the main screen switch controllers, so that you have two alerts (couldnt join/use this ctrlr for P1?) fighting each other for foreground. Just a wild theory....

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I hate to be negative but the odds of that bsod occuring again are phenominal. This "incident" leading to a breakthrough of sorts is unliky imo. I really goofed when i didnt record on paper what i did, right after i did it. If you want to try then by all means. Unfortunately all i know for sure was that i was in a hctdm lobby. I do remember my console getting sluggish the last moments before crashing though. There was a pop up window open when it crashed maybe, like a "use the pro ctrlr", or "leave lobby" or something; one of those or similar i think.

The bsod is basically saying, "i have no answer for this". Ive been racking my brain trying to figure out what little detail was overlooked that allowed this. i.e. i tried yanking out the ext. hdd with the blops update/patch on it, but the wiiu had an answer for that, that being a screen sayin "blah usb ext. hd removed, reinsert n restart blah blah" That means the unit had an answer to that issue, which is stop the game and open a window. Now with that theory in mind, ive been racking my brain trying to deduce what i did that the unit would not have an answer for. I think its in the menus, like i said i had something in the foreground like custom classes or w/e when it crashed, but i think i remember there being a pop up involved. Try crashing the pop ups by getting multiple of them. Like join a party and fail, and when you get drug back to the main screen switch controllers, so that you have two alerts (couldnt join/use this ctrlr for P1?) fighting each other for foreground. Just a wild theory....

Hey, <this> produced a crash dump. Can we exploit it even though we have no way to control data to actually have code execution happen?

What's the point if we can't execute code?

Master0fBlunt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its a negative thing to say, and i hope no one is offended, but the wiiu and black ops for the wiiu are watered down and slapped together. Espec. the blops2 being ported to wiiu, i know they just slapped that together lickity split, so its probably buggy as all get out. Im wondering if there arent any stubs or leftovers from the ps or xb version left over that they didnt clean up. I dont know if they make a RAW game, then code it/convert it to each console respectively, or if they build the game in a console specific devkit, and then port it over to the other two consoles by conversion/porting.... Idk, but maybe the answer lies in the differences between the game on different platforms... Just another wag.... (wide azz guess)....

Master0fBlunt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What's the point if we can't execute code?

Research i suppose. See what addresses are called during crashes, etc. I knew, as aforementioned, that this probably wouldnt amount to anything, but from a research standpoint it is very interesting, especially if it happens again. And you can execute code, just have to get your foot in the door, unfortunately for me, i dont even know where the 1st door is lol.

Master0fBlunt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, judging by lack of interest i guess this was useless... Oh well... If i figure anything out or see it again ill post...

ArbitraryTask

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Multiplayer freezing was a large enough issue on Xbox 360/PS3 that several patches addressed it. Wii U however hasn't had nearly as much patch support, so I'm guessing this could be a leftover.

It could help to check patch notes for the Xbox/PS3 versions for a possible explanation of the glitch. Also getting in touch with players from those consoles that could know more about the glitch/causes & methods of the crashes might be beneficial.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had this error bsod in hijacked map today...

Can you recreate this and capture a video!? That would be amazing! If we can figure out how to recreate this crash, we "might" be able to tweak it for code execution with access to usb storage (as games have access to usb storage), this would be a huge leap. Of course it still doesn't give us CafeOS kernel access but its a step up from what we have currently :)

EDIT: This is currently an unhandled exception (because its dumping register address info, instead of displaying a proper error message), this might be a backdoor in :)

rposlp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you recreate this and capture a video!? That would be amazing! If we can figure out how to recreate this crash, we "might" be able to tweak it for code execution with access to usb storage (as games have access to usb storage), this would be a huge leap. Of course it still doesn't give us CafeOS kernel access but its a step up from what we have currently :)

EDIT: This is currently an unhandled exception (because its dumping register address info, instead of displaying a proper error message), this might be a backdoor in :)

I cant recreate, i think its random, i got another of this today on stadoff map :| the hackers need to play black ops 2 a lot ;)

dannyboy941

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got this too the Stackdump ERROR (BSOD) on WiiU from miiverse that happing very time if he try load the youtube icon i got this
miv,sx,f,WIIUAB,246,cl104875,Sat Nov 09 03:31:21 2014
image: ytb_icon_256_256
>>Exception: NSVI
[0x32847ef]

Master0fBlunt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ermahgerd! It happened and now if have more info.

This time I was playing BLOPs2 on HardcoreTDM and the match on the Carrier map ended, as soon as the large final sore popped up with the two team names w the score under them side by side poped up, I may or may not have brought up the scoreboard, but it was up and overlayed over top of the final score, then BAM.

XJDehYW.jpg

X0Tdw2l.jpg

So this gives more indirect info about the cause. I'll be looking more into this...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM