WiiU format not opening in computer

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by redjello, Jan 4, 2017.

1. redjello
    OP

redjello Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Hello, im attempting the Brazilian method, and have all files downloaded, and extracted. I was thinking how easy of a method, but ran into a mind boggling snag. I plugged in my usb thumb drive to the wii u, for formatting in the appropriate manner, with the wii off. The drive does show up on the wii u as a drive when i look in the wii settings, so all is fine there. When i plug it into my mac, i get a message to format and wont let me open the drive. It reads "You need to format the disk in drive F before you can use it". I see the drive, but i cant open to load the files necessary. I have Windows parallel, so ive attempted in Windows and MascOS, same results. All i want is to be able to drop in files after the wii u format. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Ace212

Ace212 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    When you plug in a USB drive into a Wii U, it formats it in a proprietary format. This format is not readable and will not be readable under any circumstance on a PC without external tools. I don't think anyone is working on making the format readable on a PC, so I wouldn't bet on a tool coming out any time soon.

3. sup3rgh0st

sup3rgh0st Top Tier Ghost

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
  4. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
  5. redjello
    OP

redjello Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Thanks Linuxares, it worked. The video i was using before as a tutorial, left out bits of info. Thank you so much

6. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    And that is the main reason this community encourages using the popular text guides that are provided here. Even if video guides make it look easier, they can often miss crucial details that the text guides go into detail to explain.

7. redjello
    OP

redjello Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    I am unable to load games from Utick that are the DL type. The message reads, "error code 0xffbf442, verify the wup files are correct and complete. dlc/e-shop require sig patch"
    Is there there something im missing?

8. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    What game are you downloading?
    Certain games need sig patches to install like eshop, dlc, and vc

9. muskieratboi

muskieratboi Rydian's got some competition!

Sep 19, 2012
    Initial question:

You need to load the games onto an SD card, and then install them to the Hard drive from there using WUPinstaller. you don't directly load them onto the drive on a PC.

Second question:
    Many games will require RedNAND to be installed, since they require signature checking to be patched. please take another look at the stickies and check the tutorials for more assistance.

Last edited by muskieratboi, Jan 6, 2017
  10. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    No you don't need rednand at all. Sig patched sysnand can install all wii u games that redNAND can

ItsKipz likes this.
  11. muskieratboi

muskieratboi Rydian's got some competition!

Sep 19, 2012
    That's new. Mind linking me to a source?

12. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Not new at all. Just use mocha or cbhc's cfw and you can sig patch sysnand. With cbhc's cfw you get coldboot too.

13. AdmiralSpeedy

AdmiralSpeedy GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2016
    Canada
    Nothing requires RedNAND and people really need to stop saying that. There are multiple applications that you can use to sigpatch SysNAND without any risks.

14. Dangy

Dangy GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    So RedNAND is pointless anymore? What are the applications you can use to sigpatch SysNAND?

15. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    CBHC or just HaxChi

16. Dangy

Dangy GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    Ahh, I pretty new to all of this. I thought those were just a way of running RedNAND automatically.