Homebrew WiiSX Issues - No Input

Kurt91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to set up Final Fantasy VII for my little brother to try, but I'm having problems getting it to work. I'm using a wireless GCN controller, and it stops accepting input from the controller once the game starts. I can use Start+X to open the emulator menu, and navigate the menu just fine with the controller, but in-game, it doesn't recognize any button presses.

Does somebody know how to make this work? I've checked the compatibility lists and they only say that there's issues with the in-game battles. There's nothing on the controller just not working.

As a side note, is the emulator still being worked on, or is it dead?

MatioMania

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must likely dead

Most people dropped the Wii, Most Stayed to make updates of there Emus

I like WiiSX - But slow down kills it..Even know the Games run, They have Music slow down

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must likely dead

Most people dropped the Wii, Most Stayed to make updates of there Emus

I like WiiSX - But slow down kills it..Even know the Games run, They have Music slow down

Last I heard, the author was "working on it" (in a post made a couple of days ago). His definition could be anything form submitting three hundred changes to one or two changes to the code, call it "progress" and tell people it's "being worked on." I'll wait, but I ain't expecting miracles from the developer :unsure:

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does your controller show up as player 1 in the emulator menu?
Have you tried any other game in the emu with any luck?
In the input settings, have you got the pad setup for the original PS1 pad or the analogue?

Whatever the case, if it's FFVII related only, I'd give it up as a bad job anyway - it just doesn't run well enough, and hangs regularly... Show it to him on one of the PS1 emus on PC instead if you can ;)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like Mightymuffy said, a controller not working in a game is usually caused by having the "analog" setting enabled, while the game is not compatible with analog controller (because the games were released before such controller even exist).
Disable that setting and use the D-pad instead of the Sticks.

Kurt91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys were right, I just needed to switch the controller off of analog settings. It's a bit of a shame that the game only runs at half-speed, although setting the battle speed to as high as it can go does kind of help a little bit. The music's a bit odd as well, with the reduced speed making it sound different enough to be rather interesting.

If it turns out this particular emulator isn't dead, then it would be nice if the people working on it would at least give a "we're still here!" update if not an updated beta version or something of the program. After finding that there hadn't been an update for so long, I was rather disappointed that there wasn't somebody else doing a branch off of it, like how Wii64 has Not64 as well.

Anyways, long story short, I got the problem fixed and my little brother enjoys the game. Thanks for all your help.

Kurt91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, running it on interpreter works fine, just at about half-speed. If you set the battle speed as high as it can go, then the only real noticeable issue is that the music plays slower and sounds odd. Still, my little brother just got to where he gets to meet Aeris. (Yes, I know it's supposed to be Aerith, but it has an 's' in game so I'm calling her that.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay