PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pleae test these builds, thanks ;)
My games that worked before still work so thrre is no regression the changes are for my games

South park chef's luv Shack now boots and works perfectly fine on this build

Star wars episode 1 character models are still missing parts, the only version where they weren't missing parts was that gfx fork whose name escape me now but right now its still missing parts of the models.

Vigilant 8, Vigilant 8 second offense, Star wars Demolition all still have the annoying no gfx line around mid distance seeming that nothing is drawn on that distance and this version still made no difference.

everything else i have on my sd card works great, i couldn't tell of speed increases since i usually use vwii overclock so every game is full speed for me xD.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Star wars episode 1 character models are still missing parts, the only version where they weren't missing parts was that gfx fork whose name escape me now but right now its still missing parts of the models.
@pedro702

test the mainCounter build i've posted, @xjsxjs197 made a workaround for merge code from branch pcsxRearmGte (that branch that got GTE updates from PCSX-ReARMed).
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/db0025dc53736e74f2aabf8ea0c11de3ff33cc70

Last edited by SaulFabre,
Reactions: 0arsoluto

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@pedro702

test the mainCounter build i've posted, @xjsxjs197 made a workaround for merge code from branch pcsxRearmGte (that branch that got GTE updates from PCSX-ReARMed).
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/db0025dc53736e74f2aabf8ea0c11de3ff33cc70
well

Star wars episode one freezes after loading screen on main counter in dynarec, in intrepreter it does work and the character models are complete, but playing in intrepreter its well not recommended

Vigilante 8 now has some red dots instead of a white line
Vigilante 8 second offense instead of the white line has huge random pixel color path
Star wars demolition now all around you is broken black messed up textures

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm fully excited.....Will we get R-Type Delta Full Speed during introduction? Let's try this out!!!
What are the games that still don't go full speed with overclock for you??
none that i have found, but i only have like 30 games on my sd card and ps1 library is like 7900 games...

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Tekken 3 and dead or alive works very well (frame skip on)
Ridge racer revolution works now!
Spider man 2 enter electro works with textures glitchs
Blast chamber have a bug in camera (rotate)
Destruction derby 2 freezes again in racer mode
Jarrett labonte stock car works very well, music don't skip after few seconds, controls respond 100% now

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have another question, mostly for curiosity sake.

Would the quality of the audio affect the speed of emulation? Torneko: The Last Hope is pretty humble looking, but has very high quality Audio CD; and the game works at what looks full speed on silent parts, but with music it drops.

I wonder if, downgrading the quality of the music files is possible, doing so would improve the speed of the game.

I know little about PS1 emulation to know, but if more knowledgeable people can answer, I'd love it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have another question, mostly for curiosity sake.

Would the quality of the audio affect the speed of emulation? Torneko: The Last Hope is pretty humble looking, but has very high quality Audio CD; and the game works at what looks full speed on silent parts, but with music it drops.

I wonder if, downgrading the quality of the music files is possible, doing so would improve the speed of the game.

I know little about PS1 emulation to know, but if more knowledgeable people can answer, I'd love it.
no... its all about cpu calls, the audio being better quality or worse wont make a game run any different, that is mostly up to the codding of said game and the codding of the dynarec, also how would you loose the audio quality ? lol

the only thing that affects speed is if there is audio or not, if you disable the audio the less cpu calls are made, but audio is audio you dont get fps drops because the audio file is better or worse, being crappy would still make the same cpu calls to output the said audio.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, destruction Derby 2 works very well on "main counter" version!! Wow!!

Screenshot_20221027-215543.png

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. Thank you all for this collaboration, coding, compiling and testing,

I have a couple of questions if you could point me in the right direction please.

2022 is Officially now WiiStation now correct?

As for WiiFlow plugins are concerned, a plugin has been available for 4-5 months for this fork but is there a preference as to which is superior, Main or MainCounter? Or should both be included as separate plugins?

I have been trying to keep current with the latest releases and see @niuus has updated to 3.2, so that will be included tonight.

Is there any reason to keep WIISXR anymore as a plugin option?

Thank you for your input.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
2022 is Officially now WiiStation now correct?
Correct. First 1.0 release seems to be near according to a commit.

As for WiiFlow plugins are concerned, a plugin has been available for 4-5 months for this fork but is there a preference as to which is superior, Main or MainCounter? Or should both be included as separate plugins
Whichever build that is not main, is experimental, as to not give up stability. Might give you different results with some games, but is never meant to be the first option. Should be used on a case by case basis, depending on whatever niche game a user finds that only runs there.

Is there any reason to keep WIISXR anymore as a plugin option?
Absolutely none at all. Even in the case of compatibility and speed, RX 2.7 is a direct replacement of WiiSXR at this point in time. Onwards, each build just stacks up, with the occasional regressions on some conflictive titles, which can still be played on previous builds.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Latest builds of WiiStation of:

main branch until git bf10d88
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/bf10d88aee42c23560a08a0dad1f23ecaf25ed88

mainCounter branch until git 5564878
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/556487833910821d7cde6b66845fdf47ee5cfbef

The latest change on both branches is adding an emulator hack called "Fake GPU Busy States" ported from PCSX-R, in form of a new autoFix, which will fix a little bunch of games (being the most affected Hot Wheels Turbo Racing).

In the case of HWTR, it fixes the black screen after FMV intro (look at issue https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/issues/10), allowing the game to get past to FMV and to title screen, but however the game isn't playable still. (In both branches, after the race starts, the game still remains a bit unplayable because my car (players' car) gets cuckoo crazy (it's just jumping on the track, cannot control speed nor direction, and always the car crashes everywhere in the road because of the players' cars getting crazy (don't know about CPU-controlled cars though).).

Tested only in Dolphin, don't know if this occurs on real hardware as well.

Please test these builds, thanks ;)

Post automatically merged:

Testing HWTR (USA) on latest mainCounter build of WiiStation
Here's the problem i've mentioned about players' car getting cuckoo crazy for no reason:

Attachments

• WiiStation_mainCounter_git_2af0c66_26102022.zip
    816.7 KB · Views: 24
  • WiiStation_main_git_bf10d88_28102022.zip
    810.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by SaulFabre,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u