Hacking WiiScrubber question

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well just got me WiiScrubber 1.4 to compress some games so that there is more place on my usb drive but somehow both games i tried to scrub with this programm had after scrubbing still the same size ?

could someone explain what exactly i have to do ?

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Youkai said:
Well just got me WiiScrubber 1.4 to compress some games so that there is more place on my usb drive but somehow both games i tried to scrub with this programm had after scrubbing still the same size ?

could someone explain what exactly i have to do ?

You didn't do wrong anything. Compress the Isos with Winrar or 7zip and u will see u will see that the compression ratio
of your Isos is much better. WiiScrubber replaces random garbage data in the Wii-image with hFF's.

Du hast nichts falsch gemacht. Packe die ISOs mit Winrar oder 7zip und Du wirst sehen das Du sie nach dem "Scrubben"
besser packen kannst. WiScrubber ersetzt nur zufällige "Mülldaten"(lassen sich schwer packen) durch hFF's (lassen sich gut packen). Zum Packen reicht sogar schon die "schnellste"-Einstellung bei Winrar und 7zip. Allerdings nicht die "speichern"
Einstellung.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well ... so i can compress the game better with winrar ...

but i believe that won't help me at all .. ?

i already had iso files that were only like 300mb so i believe there should be another way than to zip the iso to get it smaller ?

or can i use zip/rar files with usbloader ???

P.S. whats the difference with Scrub Type 0xFF and Trucha ?

WaRMarinE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
LOL, if you wanted to use the scrubed isos for usbloader you should said that it in first place.

Use WBFS Manager 3.0 to compress the isos and add them to your USB drive.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WaRMarinE said:
LOL, if you wanted to use the scrubed isos for usbloader you should said that it in first place.

Use WBFS Manager 3.0 to compress the isos and add them to your USB drive.

i would if i could do that, but all those programms won't work for me because .net framework -.-V

and all threads i asked about a solution i got no answer or "reinstall winsux" -.-V

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiiscrubber is used to get rid of all the crap that isnt needed so the game can be compressed to a smaller size in WINDOWS using zip or rar. the size of the game on your USB drive that you connect to the wii is already scrubbed and cant be made smaller.

WaRMarinE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you want scrubbed games for USB then theres no other way than a WBFS Manager. You can get a manager that doesnt require the .Net Frameworks.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oh well ok i didn't know that.

i am using one of those wbfs programms (only one i could find that worked, with some errors thaught)

and because the games were still ~4,3 gb i thaught i need to compress manually or better i thaught it might be possible.

so using wiiscrubber before using a wbfs programm wouldn't do me any good at all ?

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The WBFS programs copy the game partition out of the ISO, instead of storing the scrubbed ISO in its entirety. As a result the games installed on a WBFS drive are even smaller than a scrubbed ISO since they don't even contain the update partition.

So putting a game onto a WBFS drive is even better than scrubbing since the games are even smaller than a scrubbed/compressed game. And yes, using WiiScrubber before putting the game into a WBFS drive is pointless, since all the useless data in a game file (whether it's scrubbed or unscrubbed) gets ignored anyways when using WBFS.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Only benefit of using wiiscrubber is the fact that if you compress the games again you can save a LOT of space if you want to keep backups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-