Hacking WiiScrubber question

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that Wiiscrubber deletes the garbage data from a backup ISO, shrinking the overall size from 4.37GB to roughly 2 GB or so. I am interested in doing this so I can then compress the file to save space on my computer. My question is this:

1. Does a WiiScrubbed ISO burn and play like a normal unscrubbed game?
2. If I scrub and then compress the ISO, when I uncompress and burn, will it be fine?
3. Finally, when you burn the smaller ISO, does it burn as the 2GB, of does ImgBurn fill in the garbage data again?

Thanks in advance!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You seem to have grasped the fundamentals but missed the specifics.

The junk is replaced with easy to compress 00's which does not change the file size at all.
It just makes it easy to compress using standard methods like those used by the 7zip, zip and rar formats (as it stands there will not be a great deal of difference between the different methods as they all compress 00 strings as well as each other).

1. We would not be doing it if the game did not work (note some official games do not have the junk and so will compress).
If you mean does it change the signing so only trucha bug "capable" systems can use it then no the only reason the key is needed in the first place is to figure out what is junk and what is data.

2 and 3 I already took care of.

Also an hour between bumping?

stephan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i have some scrubbed games and:
1.- Yes
2.- Yes (That's the way i download a game)
3.- I Dunno.
I have a version of wii play that is only 140 MB, but when a i decompress the rar's, the iso grows to 4.3 GB, i dont have the answer to that. Cheers.

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great info, I was looking for something similar. So basically it means that you can download a scrubbed ISO, unrar it and it's ready to burn right after decompressing? No unscrubbing or anything else necessary?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes Cyman, after uncompressing you have a normal ISO you can burn. Any extra patching is left either to the requirements of the softmod or if you want to hack it for real.

The unscrubbing patches you may see around are just to restore the game to the "as dumped" state although it will make no difference whatsoever to the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)