WarmWoollySheep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can look at a list of features and come to a conclusion, but you have to remember features are only claims made by a salesman.

Brakken has soldered them both, ran tests, and gives us real-world results, and we find the cheapo PIC-chip Wiinja is better for backups than Cyclowiz.

QUOTE said:
Compared to the other drive modchips on the market the Wiinja hands down beats them all with compatibility when it comes to booting backups. Even though it’s a simple micro controller you must remember you’re paying for what it does and not what it looks like.

Wiinja Review
http://www.iso420.org/wii/wiinja/index.htm

CycloWiz Review
http://www.iso420.org/wii/cyclowiz/index.htm

QUOTEI’m impressed by the chips [Cyclowiz] ability to utilize the DVD-ROM drive in the emulators, but other then that I’d say it was a rush-rush job as there are un-working features, the entire slowdown issue and faulty chips floating about.

If you bought a Cyclowiz, make SURE you solder on the optional "update" wire. Let's hope they release an update for you guys soon.

ds_barf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sebastiaanborghstijn.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
[...] you must remember you’re paying for what it does and not what it looks like.

yeah, tell that to my girlfriend and her €300 shoes
rofl2.gif

But anyways, glad i got a wiinja, no probs at all and it does all the things i want
smile.gif

Nice reviews
smile.gif
I bet they don't post this stuff at MC though
wink.gif

fsimonp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ive got a cyclowiz and im very happy that ive chosen him...
every game i tested worked and this little video issue in wario isnt that ploblematic..
but ok its your opinion and if you think so its ok
wink.gif

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ive got a cyclowiz and im very happy that ive chosen him...
every game i tested worked and this little video issue in wario isnt that ploblematic..
but ok its your opinion and if you think so its ok
wink.gif

Well if he's using the same disc to test between the two modchips, wouldn't that be more fact than opinion?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-