* Non Swap / Direct Boot
* Boots Own Region WII Backups Directly
* Boots Own Region Gamecube Backups Directly
* Boots All NTSC JAP/USA on NTSC WII
* Boots NTSC Backups on PAL WII Partially
* Boots Directly Gamecube Imports Partially
* Boots All Gamecube Import Backups by SWAP
* Supports all the WII Versions/Drive currently available
* D2B Drive Support and Improved Read Method (No DRE)
* AudioFix
* MultiDisc/MultiGames
* Easy Soldering & Remove / 6 Wires
* Support DVD-R/DVD+R & DVD+RW/DVD-RW without Booktype
* Universal EUROPE/USA/JAPAN Wii Console Supported
* Hardware DISABLE Option Using Pin3+SW2 (Power on+Reset)
* Stealth Mode
* Recovery Mode for Bad Upgrade
* UPGRADEABLE by DVD

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How are they pushing their luck? In terms of customer support and delivering on claimed features, they've been the best chip company so far.

I'm skeptical about the upgrade claims too, especially if they're using the PIC chip in the picture, but if it's a lie it would be their first.

jonm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ouch! my V2 is still in the post and they've already released a new one. doh!
wacko.gif

Digger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With the region patcher now available there is not much point in the on the fly patching used by the Wiinja delux and WiiKey.

Whilst all manufacturers claim their chips to be upgradable, I don't think we'll ever see an upgrade appear, as that would mean exposing part of their code to the hackers to exploit.

thekid

Trophies
XP
Country
With the region patcher now available there is not much point in the on the fly patching used by the Wiinja delux and WiiKey.

Whilst all manufacturers claim their chips to be upgradable, I don't think we'll ever see an upgrade appear, as that would mean exposing part of their code to the hackers to exploit.

that exactly what im saying get ur self wiinjav2 and use the patcher. im sure there will be better versions out soon.

TGBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
a newbie question...
i been seeing the modchips sayin the PAL Wii will support the NTSC games on it partially... but my doubt i wanted to ask is there is no mention of the PAL games support on the NTSC Wii... So these modchips have support for PAL games on NTSC by default?

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% up on the latest news, but as of right now, I believe no PAL games are playable on an NTSC Wii. NTSC-U and NTSC-J are playable, and some NTSC games are playable on PAL units, but no PAL on NTSC. There's more to that than just the drive and I doubt we'll see any features like that for some time yet.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I think you have it backwards. To me it looks like WiiKey team came up with the code to do the region patching and that was "borrowed" and modified by Syndicate for their PC patcher, and now the Wiinja team for their Wiinja deluxe. It's all the same basic code between these modchips / patchers / parallel interface programs from what I can tell. Supposedly the CycloWiz is a bit different in the fact that it enables DVD mode commands differently than the others but the basic hack on the drive is still the same since they all use the same connections. Am I wrong in this assumption/observation?

Why would both the WiiKey/Wiinja teams both tout their chips as "upgradeable via DVD" if it weren't true? This is a major feature that would see them suffer if people pre-ordered them and it wasn't there.

The Wiinja upgrade and patching ISOs are already available for download on their UTILS/SUPPORT page by the way.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I still haven't gotten my Wiinja v2 yet, and now theres a Deluxe?

Since the region-free patcher is released, I could care less about that feature, but I'd love to be able to use RW discs to try out games.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damn, I still haven't gotten my Wiinja v2 yet, and now theres a Deluxe?

Since the region-free patcher is released, I could care less about that feature, but I'd love to be able to use RW discs to try out games.

i think you would care about upgrading it.
People tend to expect way too much about the upgrading feauture, with no DRE's anymore, cross-region compatibility in the highest level possible for simple mod chips and all, what do you still expect to be updated?

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that would be nice too, but I really can't see many more features that would be added through updates.

I'm putting the v2 in a socket anyway, I'll keep that for now, and maybe get the deluxe later on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up