Wiimote Weirdness

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by OldGnashburg, Dec 3, 2018.

1. OldGnashburg
    OP

OldGnashburg GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2017
    Canada
    Alberta, Canada
    Hey, I have a Wiimote that keeps being inverted and the cursor upside down, however ONLY for homebrew, tried everything, I reinstalled all my cIOS (Hermes, d2x, 236), the HBC, BootMii, and nothing, since this is a very recent issue, I decided to restore my NAND dump I had lying around for 8, 9 months. It still didn't fix the issue, so suspecting it was a problem with the Wiimote not the Wii, I booted up my vWii on my Wii U and opened the Homebrew Channel, and I'm having the same issue despite never having the issue on my vWii. It seems my Wiimote itself is broken, but why just for homebrew? And is there way I can fix it? BTW I thought I would mention that my Wii Motion Plus Wiimote works perfectly with both Wii and vWii Homebrew.

2. brickmii82

brickmii82 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    Is your tv upside down?:P

Seriously that’s weird. @Cyan you ever heard of this happening?

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    when it happens to me, it's very briefly. after pointing out of the screen and back to it, it's fixed.
    it's either a light source issue, or a girometer issue. but it's just random, and rare.

I don't know why you have this problem for homebrew.

brickmii82 likes this.
  4. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Do you have any bright lights around the sensor bar?

5. OldGnashburg
    OP

OldGnashburg GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2017
    Canada
    Alberta, Canada
    No, I do not. It seems to be happening specifically on the Homebrew Channel and Homebrew, it works fine on the System Menu and it's software. And it does the same thing on the Wii U's vWii as well. I does it even if I turn off all my lights, which were never a problem before. I wonder if Wiimote's have any sort of internal memory and if they do maybe mine is corrupted.

6. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    They definitely have memory because you can save mii's to your wiimote, but I don't think that's your issue... I can't think of another explanation so who knows maybe it has something to do with it I couldn't tell you. Good luck.

KiiWii likes this.