Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
Holding onto something is one of the most basic motor functions a human being has. Babies do it from day-one (and quite strongly, too). No concentration is required. While agreeing with you on most points (IQ tests before using the Wii: priceless), have you ever seen first-timers on a tennis court, or first-time golfers? The racquets and golf clubs fly more often that balls
laugh.gif

No matter how developed your motor skills are, you have to literally learn how to properly hold any new toy (racquet, golf club... Wiimote
wink.gif
), because if you grip it too firmly, you limit your range and fluidness of motion, but if you hold it too flimsily, well, we've all seen what happens
rofl2.gif

But "dropping your Wiimote" is one thing (excusable by sweaty hands, being uaccustomed to a new toy, etc. ), "hurling the Wiimote as hard as you can into your TV" is something else. Those people are just...
wtf.gif

QUOTE(ARM73 @ Nov 28 2006, 07:39 PM)this people are most certainly exagerating their movements a lot, much more then the Wii would even recognize
(...)
...PEOPLE should hold a grip on the Wii remote and swing it gently , as it's stated everywere on the instructions.
(...)
Basically.

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bottom line is that these straps are faulty and cheap and need to be replaced.

Also SA sucks
cool.gif

No, they're not. As explained before, people whom have had this incident happen to them are people who are misusing the wiimote. The strap is meant to catch the remote if you happen to drop it, not save it when you accidentally let it go after swinging full force (which is far more force than what's needed). It's like a cellphone strap: It will save your phone from a normal accidental drop, but it's not meant to save it if you're swinging it around BY the strap. There are countless devices that use a strap just as thin as the wiimote's strap. If your strap happens to snap because you were swinging it way too hard, then you, yourself should invest in a stronger 3rd party strap to cater to the way you play. Nintendo shouldn't have to do a thing because the strap does the job it's supposed to do just fine.

And yes, SA does.

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am sorry guys for everyone who are defending nintendo...if u read my other thread, I am going to buy a wii when I get a chance. I am totally looking forward to it. BUT the video speaks for itself, the strap sucks. For everyone whos saying "its a game; these guys are idiots; u are suppose to use it gently" .....I am sorry to say...it is Nintendo who has advertise this console as a game console for people of all age, they were the ones who have advertised "realistic movements" with their countless commercials, it is only natural that people really immerse themself into the game, it just shows how good the game is and how well the wiimote have been designed. It just seems the guy was just enjoying the game and unlike a tennis racket, the wiimote has on grip so it flew out.....its like asking someone to hold a tennis racket with no grip to play tennis....ITS GOING TO SUCK if u pay it that way.....

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am sorry guys for everyone who are defending nintendo...if u read my other thread, I am going to buy a wii when I get a chance. I am totally looking forward to it. BUT the video speaks for itself, the strap sucks. For everyone whos saying "its a game; these guys are idiots; u are suppose to use it gently" .....I am sorry to say...it is Nintendo who has advertise this console as a game console for people of all age, they were the ones who have advertised "realistic movements" with their countless commercials, it is only natural that people really immerse themself into the game, it just shows how good the game is and how well the wiimote have been designed. It just seems the guy was just enjoying the game and unlike a tennis racket, the wiimote has on grip so it flew out.....its like asking someone to hold a tennis racket with no grip to play tennis....ITS GOING TO SUCK if u pay it that way.....
I have never seen any advertisement by Nintendo that suggests that you whip around the remotes like that. They're not hypocrites; they wouldn't go advertising like that and then design the wriststraps and write up the manuals the way they do. They would drown in lawsuits if they did such a thing. Nintendo has been in the business of making and selling video games and systems for decades. They know what they are doing. The average Joe who doesn't read the manuals or use common sense clearly doesn't know what they are doing, and Nintendo wouldn't be liable for any damages, as the warnings are clearly indicated. The opening screens tell you to read the manuals. The manuals mention repeatedly to swing gently and use the wriststrap. If you follow those instructions and use some basic common sense, there will be no airborne remotes.

Any idiot knows what they're getting themselves into by whipping around an object in enclosed spaces like that, be it a Wii Remote or a even a toothbrush. Only bad things can come out of that kind of behavior. They shouldn't expect those tiny threads on the Wii Remote's wriststrap to compensate for their superfluous actions. The straps aren't faulty; the thought process of said people is.

If somebody wants to whip their remote around like a maniac, they are free to do so, but it is their own fault if they damage something (or someone) through pure carelessness and ignorance of the basic warnings. I don't think anyone is going to feel sorry for those who destroy their expensive TV's or give their friend a concussion. It's all about common sense.

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
this is not about whipping the remote around like a maniac. If you watched the video, the guy was serving in Wii Tennis and the remote flew out of his hand. It was because the game maker and nintendo was successful in their console/game, the user felt that he was indeed serving therefore he put force into swinging the remote. Its like I said, if I give you a grip less tennis racket to play tennis, would you lose grip of the racket? I think so. THe game is intended to give the user the experience of playing a game of tennis which it successfully does. I do not blame the guys for "throwing" the wiimote across the room bceause they were simply enjoying the game as the game maker intended, to give them the impressoin that they are playing tennis or bowling.

I agree that nintendo didn't foresee this "problem" and shipped wristbands that aren't up for the job, but now that this problem have arised, they should (I think they are) address it. We all know from day one that the "movement" nature of the wii was going to be problematic when players get really into the game. You can't tell users to "remmeber that its a game and a remote in their hand" at the same time "try to experience the game as if you have a sword/racket/bowing ball in your hand"

spudhunter

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the straps kinda just suck...

both a friend of mine and I have broken straps while playing wii sports, i was just serving the ball and the wiimote slipped out of my hands and hit his wall...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: