Hardware WiiMote questions..

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so just got my wii u, got the gamepad, and pro controller. but some games like mario galaxies, and even skyward sword are requiring a wiimote and nunchuck? GG, no way to bypass this and use something else I assume.

Are the OEM controllers the only recommended?

I also have the motion bar, but the sticky tape is just awful, and how I have my TV wall mounted easily 6 ft from the floor this could be a challenge. as its mounted above my computer desk where i sit. mounting it to the top is nearly impossible, could possibly pick up some 3M tape and mount to the bottom..

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay so just got my wii u, got the gamepad, and pro controller. but some games like mario galaxies, and even skyward sword are requiring a wiimote and nunchuck? GG, no way to bypass this and use something else I assume.
Those are Wii games (which have controller drivers programmed into each game instead of having an operating system), of course they require Wii controllers... (not necessarily wiimote+nunchuck)
(Ignoring the handful of Enhanced Vwii games with gamepad to classic controller emulation)

To buy, especially used? Definitely!
There are some good wiimote clones, but no Nintendo wiimotes are bad within statistical error (and an accessory-complete used Wii is less than new wiimote+nunchuck, lol)

I also have the motion bar, but the sticky tape is just awful, ...
Make sure it's as close to the edge of the table or whatever - reflections really screw it up - and calibrate the distance in the wiiu's settings, distance isn't that critical, or use the one built into the gamepad!

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I also have the motion bar, but the sticky tape is just awful, and how I have my TV wall mounted easily 6 ft from the floor this could be a challenge. as its mounted above my computer desk where i sit. mounting it to the top is nearly impossible, could possibly pick up some 3M tape and mount to the bottom..
There's a setting in the options menu to set the sensor below the tv

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs