WiiMC v1.2.4

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by VatoLoco, Mar 20, 2012.

Mar 20, 2012

WiiMC v1.2.4 by VatoLoco at 11:20 PM (2,839 Views / 1 Likes) 17 replies

1. VatoLoco
    OP

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    [​IMG]

[m]Tantric[/m] has updated WiiMC, the media player for the Wii to version 1.2.4, which fixes a few bugs from the previous edition. See the change log below for what's new in this release, and give the project's homepage a visit for more information about this homebrew.

[​IMG] Download (New Install)
    [​IMG] Download (Update)
    [​IMG] Project Homepage

1 person likes this.
  2. jefffisher

Member jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    nice having to downgrade to 1.2.2 and push update later everytime for 1.2.3 because of the freezing was getting annoying.

DO NOT UPDATE: this version is worse than 1.2.4 stick with 1.2.2 unless you hate watching videos

3. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i haven't updated in a long long time.(1.1.5 ) i like my set up. cause i have a theme package that works with mine an not the newer updates.

4. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Heh and I thought I was the only who had this program freeze up on me.

5. trigger_ftu

Member trigger_ftu The FantomPhox

United States
    and here i thought it was only me haveing the freeze issue. i've been on 1.2.2 had a freeing issue. went to 1.2.3 still have it but by far worse. upside is the network init is better. 1.2.4 not sure will try it out and see how it works out.

6. LeGourmand

Newcomer LeGourmand Member

Canada
    Yep, you guys are not the only one, 1.1.8 is the last version that works for me. After that, everything freezes upon launch. Well!

7. the_randomizer

United States
    Perhaps versions past 1.1.8 are the ones that hate my Western Digital USB HDD. Same goes with Snes9xGx.

8. Sappoide

Member Sappoide Advanced Member

Italy
    Weird, I haven't upgraded yet to this version but the 1.2.3 works great with my western digital 2,5 HDD, and so does with my Kingston 8gb data traveler pen drive.

9. jefffisher

Member jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i'm not using a hard drive at all, just network. 1.2.3 crashed very often, 1.2.4 crashes every single time.

10. the_randomizer

United States
    Then I must the only person on these forums who has his Western Digital MyPassport 500GB HDD crash on most of Tantric's applications. (And the HDD is CLEARLY listed on the compatibility list) http://wiki.gbatemp....lity_List#500GB (the HDD I'm using http://tinyurl.com/75f2t3d ) Heck, the only thing it lists as incompatible is GeexBox. So until I can figure out a way to get WiiMC 1.x.x to work properly on my HDD without it crashing, I'm not using it. The fact it's USB 3.0 is irrelevant as most other programs/backup loader work just fine. Just sayin'.

(Oh, deleting no_ios_reload or whatever it's called now doesn't do jack squat)

11. Sappoide

Italy
    I got an older version, the WD Elements portable SE 500GB usb 2.0, maybe your model it's not supported properly by this homebrew.

12. the_randomizer

United States
    I wouldn't be surprised...however, when I spoke to Tantric (which I think is goes by the name dborth) about how this and Snes9xGx kept locking up, he told me he had the exact same make and model of HDD as I do, so there's something funky going on here. Snes9xGx would lock up at the most random times, with or without a code dump. Same with WiiMC, but I digress.

13. constantgamer247

Member constantgamer247 Pourquoi?

Canada
    I always was told I had a CIOS error when I loaded wiiMC
    Updated a while ago, maybe a week or two don't remember, to 1.2.4 and I don't get yelled at that I have a CIOS error anymore.

It was just annoying to have to click okay every time but w/e 1.2.4 works great.

14. paulee123

Member paulee123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Upgraded to 1.2.4

I appreciate the efforts with the people involved carrying on this project.

But its seems the stability goes with each new increment, this version freeze's up like no 2mrw when using the youtube search. Its now become embarrassing. I've now gone back to 1.2.2 via HB Channel.

But i mus say thanks for the WIIMC guys efforts.

Ps Can we have themes on it?

15. shortz1994

United States
    check my spoiler for a theme mod. you'll have to go back to 1.1.4-.5... if people start picking it up i might try an update it,if i can find the source or get the source, due to the fact the original person working on the mod, has disappeared. along with the source.( might make newer themes for it.)

16. Sappoide

Italy
    At this point I hope for a bugfix release. This homebrew improves at every update, keep up the good work Tantric, we really appreciate your job!

17. paulee123

Member paulee123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok I hear you but the functionality from the newer version eg thumbnails for YouTube will be gone etc is essential for me instead of just a theme.
    Ain't there a way to apply them for the newer versions?

Can't anyone get in contact with the guy who did the source.

18. shortz1994

United States
    i've tried to find "badboy" the coder who did the mod. but haven't gotten a reply, or any thing. so if i can figure out how he did the coding, i might be able to try, though i'm not a coder by any means. but would use this to learn how. i don't see the point in using youtube or any of the online features for wii mc. i use my acer's veriton an have this
    plugged in to my flat screen, an can basicly use that to do what wii mc will do.(i hate cable/satillite.).