WiiMC v1.2.4

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
iconWiiMC021911.png

[m]Tantric[/m] has updated WiiMC, the media player for the Wii to version 1.2.4, which fixes a few bugs from the previous edition. See the change log below for what's new in this release, and give the project's homepage a visit for more information about this homebrew.

Change Log 03/17/12 said:
  • Synced to MPlayer r34805 and ffmpeg 8fbf825ecc32
  • Fixed a bug with 4KB sector drives
  • Added padding below subtitles
  • Fixed display of non-latin characters in 1.2.3
  • Fixed freezing issue in 1.2.3
  • Fixed online media issues in 1.2.3

download.gif
Download (New Install)
download.gif
Download (Update)
icon11.gif
Project Homepage

Reactions: 1 person

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice having to downgrade to 1.2.2 and push update later everytime for 1.2.3 because of the freezing was getting annoying.

DO NOT UPDATE: this version is worse than 1.2.4 stick with 1.2.2 unless you hate watching videos

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't updated in a long long time.(1.1.5 ) i like my set up. cause i have a theme package that works with mine an not the newer updates.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice having to downgrade to 1.2.2 and push update later everytime for 1.2.3 because of the freezing was getting annoying.

DO NOT UPDATE: this version is worse than 1.2.4 stick with 1.2.2 unless you hate watching videos

Heh and I thought I was the only who had this program freeze up on me.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and here i thought it was only me haveing the freeze issue. i've been on 1.2.2 had a freeing issue. went to 1.2.3 still have it but by far worse. upside is the network init is better. 1.2.4 not sure will try it out and see how it works out.

LeGourmand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, you guys are not the only one, 1.1.8 is the last version that works for me. After that, everything freezes upon launch. Well!

Sappoide

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Weird, I haven't upgraded yet to this version but the 1.2.3 works great with my western digital 2,5 HDD, and so does with my Kingston 8gb data traveler pen drive.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, I haven't upgraded yet to this version but the 1.2.3 works great with my western digital 2,5 HDD, and so does with my Kingston 8gb data traveler pen drive.

Then I must the only person on these forums who has his Western Digital MyPassport 500GB HDD crash on most of Tantric's applications. (And the HDD is CLEARLY listed on the compatibility list) http://wiki.gbatemp....lity_List#500GB (the HDD I'm using http://tinyurl.com/75f2t3d ) Heck, the only thing it lists as incompatible is GeexBox. So until I can figure out a way to get WiiMC 1.x.x to work properly on my HDD without it crashing, I'm not using it. The fact it's USB 3.0 is irrelevant as most other programs/backup loader work just fine. Just sayin'.

(Oh, deleting no_ios_reload or whatever it's called now doesn't do jack squat)

Sappoide

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Then I must the only person on these forums who has his Western Digital MyPassport 500GB HDD crash on most of Tantric's applications. (And the HDD is CLEARLY listed on the compatibility list) http://wiki.gbatemp....lity_List#500GB (the HDD I'm using http://tinyurl.com/75f2t3d ) Heck, the only thing it lists as incompatible is GeexBox. So until I can figure out a way to get WiiMC 1.x.x to work properly on my HDD without it crashing, I'm not using it. The fact it's USB 3.0 is irrelevant as most other programs/backup loader work just fine. Just sayin'.

(Oh, deleting no_ios_reload or whatever it's called now doesn't do jack squat)
I got an older version, the WD Elements portable SE 500GB usb 2.0, maybe your model it's not supported properly by this homebrew.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised...however, when I spoke to Tantric (which I think is goes by the name dborth) about how this and Snes9xGx kept locking up, he told me he had the exact same make and model of HDD as I do, so there's something funky going on here. Snes9xGx would lock up at the most random times, with or without a code dump. Same with WiiMC, but I digress.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always was told I had a CIOS error when I loaded wiiMC
Updated a while ago, maybe a week or two don't remember, to 1.2.4 and I don't get yelled at that I have a CIOS error anymore.

It was just annoying to have to click okay every time but w/e 1.2.4 works great.

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgraded to 1.2.4

I appreciate the efforts with the people involved carrying on this project.

But its seems the stability goes with each new increment, this version freeze's up like no 2mrw when using the youtube search. Its now become embarrassing. I've now gone back to 1.2.2 via HB Channel.

But i mus say thanks for the WIIMC guys efforts.

Ps Can we have themes on it?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgraded to 1.2.4

But its seems the stability goes with each new increment, this version freeze's up like no 2mrw when using the youtube search. Its now become embarrassing. I've now gone back to 1.2.2 via HB Channel.

check my spoiler for a theme mod. you'll have to go back to 1.1.4-.5... if people start picking it up i might try an update it,if i can find the source or get the source, due to the fact the original person working on the mod, has disappeared. along with the source.( might make newer themes for it.)

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgraded to 1.2.4

check my spoiler for a theme mod. you'll have to go back to 1.1.4-.5... if people start picking it up i might try an update it,if i can find the source or get the source, due to the fact the original person working on the mod, has disappeared. along with the source.( might make newer themes for it.)

Ok I hear you but the functionality from the newer version eg thumbnails for YouTube will be gone etc is essential for me instead of just a theme.
Ain't there a way to apply them for the newer versions?

Can't anyone get in contact with the guy who did the source.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgraded to 1.2.4

Ok I hear you but the functionality from the newer version eg thumbnails for YouTube will be gone etc is essential for me instead of just a theme.
Ain't there a way to apply them for the newer versions?

Can't anyone get in contact with the guy who did the source.
i've tried to find "badboy" the coder who did the mod. but haven't gotten a reply, or any thing. so if i can figure out how he did the coding, i might be able to try, though i'm not a coder by any means. but would use this to learn how. i don't see the point in using youtube or any of the online features for wii mc. i use my acer's veriton an have this
plugged in to my flat screen, an can basicly use that to do what wii mc will do.(i hate cable/satillite.).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.