Hardware WiiMC Channel issues

knexkid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, just discovered that WiiMC can play all my music files over the network which is awesome, so I wanted to put a channel on the wii home for wiimc. So I tried the official wiimc channel installer 1.5, and I'm getting the "You need IOS58" error. I already had it installed, but I tried two installers of IOS58 (one a stand alone application, one as a wad installer) and kept getting same error. I then went on to try some other channel forwards I could find and none worked. I even went as far as discovering CustomizeMii (for making my own forwarders) and I seemed to almost get it to work, but then it froze on "loading boot.dol" (or something along those lines). I'm fairly certain I had everything correct in customizemii. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? I just want a simple forwarder, that's all I ask! I've never had such difficulties before!
THanks

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
knexkid said:
Hey guys, just discovered that WiiMC can play all my music files over the network which is awesome, so I wanted to put a channel on the wii home for wiimc. So I tried the official wiimc channel installer 1.5, and I'm getting the "You need IOS58" error. I already had it installed, but I tried two installers of IOS58 (one a stand alone application, one as a wad installer) and kept getting same error. I then went on to try some other channel forwards I could find and none worked. I even went as far as discovering CustomizeMii (for making my own forwarders) and I seemed to almost get it to work, but then it froze on "loading boot.dol" (or something along those lines). I'm fairly certain I had everything correct in customizemii. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions? I just want a simple forwarder, that's all I ask! I've never had such difficulties before!
THanks
Is your HBC ruuning in IOS 58?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the problem when i was trying to transfers the new files wifi but all i had to do was take out the sd card and transfer over from pc this fixed my issue

AceLighting

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
get ios 58 wad and install with wad manager get the wad using modmii etc..
sometimes you do a get the error using the channel installer, try again and see if you still get it, means something isnt right with your wii, anyways get the ios58 wad also what is hbc ios is running?, if its not ios58 re-install hbc (homebrew channel) but try the ios 58 wad first then re install hbc then the use the channel installer

knexkid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Here you have the latest WiiMC channel Wad. Just install it with Wad Manager, maybe it helps: Download
Holy crap, this one worked! Thanks so much! I found like 2 or 3 other ones from googling...and none of them worked. This one did tho, so thank you.

knexkid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
knexkid said:
THanks

No, it's running IOS37 v22.31. I had my wii modded from a long time ago and then re-did the hacks with modmii. That wad the person posted worked, but how do I go about changing HBC to run on IOS58? What difference does it make to what IOS it's running? Thanks for the help guys.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
knexkid said:
Porobu said:
knexkid said:
THanks

No, it's running IOS37 v22.31. I had my wii modded from a long time ago and then re-did the hacks with modmii. That wad the person posted worked, but how do I go about changing HBC to run on IOS58? What difference does it make to what IOS it's running? Thanks for the help guys.
reinstall the hbc to use ios 58

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night