scrotty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have previously had WiiMC configured to run files from an SMB share on a Windows Home Server box and there were no issues with this. I've also had it running from a share on a Win7 box and again no problems getting the shares to work. I've now binned the WHS setup and moved to a Server 2008 domain which is set up with shares named and configured exactly the same. The user accounts on the domain are set up with the same permissions, same usernames, passwords etc. As far as WiiMC is concerned, the only difference is that the new server has a different IP address from the old one but it refuses to connect to the new share. I have tried creating a new account specifically for the Wii and that doesn't work, I've used an existing standard user account and also used the domain admin credentials but all fail to connect. I have tried opening the share to the 'Everyone' group rather than just the authenticated users (although that should still be OK when using legit account details) and that has no effect. The only thing I can now think of is that I need to pass the username in the domain\username format but that's not possible as the WiiMC keyboard doesn't contain a backslash character but I'm beginning to clutch at straws now.

Has anybody out there got WiiMC to connect into a Server2008 domain share? If you have, was there anything specific you had to do on the Wii or within active directory to get it up an running?

Thanks in anticipation...

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Domains aren't supported. It has nothing to do with missing the '\' on the keyboard. However, Windows Server 2008 works fine with WiiMC without domains.

scrotty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bugger.

Are they not supported for technical reasons or 'just because'? If it's not down to technical reasons, are there any plans to add domain support?

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The SMB client in libogc, tinysmb, doesn't have domain support. That would have to be coded and it's not a trivial task.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@