WiiKey2 + WiiClip RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by OmniSlash2o6, Nov 8, 2008.

1. OmniSlash2o6
    OP

OmniSlash2o6 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2007
    United States
    Seattle, WA
  2. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 31, 2006
    Gambia, The
    For $6 more you can get a Wasabi with Wii-clip, which hasn't got the eject issu. I think that's $6 well worth spent...

3. OmniSlash2o6
    OP

Sep 11, 2007
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    So the Wasabi is much more better then the D2Pro and the Wiikey2?

I have a question my friend has a D2C2 security chip if I baught the WiiKey2 + WiiClip will he still get the eject bug?

Because apparently my D2Pro on my D2C Security chip has the eject bug -.-(and I read the D2C isnt supose to have the eject bug...--..--.) and I hate it have to like shut off the console 5 times for it to eject...-.-

4. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 31, 2006
    Gambia, The
    D2Pro and Wiikey2 have the eject issue on various drives. There's no way to predict on which, so just don't get a Wasabi, because it hasn't got those problems.

5. OmniSlash2o6
    OP

Sep 11, 2007
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    I geuss ill get a Wasabi [​IMG].

6. ModchipCentral

ModchipCentral GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2007
    Canada
    From our testing and other peoples testing, the 6 wire Wiikey2 does not have eject issues.

Only time will tell though [​IMG]

7. OmniSlash2o6
    OP

Sep 11, 2007
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Ooooh...and I suppose u guys do the 6 wire WiiKey2 on a wiiclip..

8. quim69

quim69 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2008
    Netherlands Antilles
    What is the point of getting a wiikey2 with a wiiclip?

The wiikey2 is a chip that is incredibly easy to solder in - that is about it's only advantage.

9. OmniSlash2o6
    OP

Sep 11, 2007
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Well apparently I dont have any soldering materials...and I dont even know how to solder...dont want to mess up my console u know the deal -.-.

10. quim69

quim69 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2008
    Netherlands Antilles
    Well if you really want to get a clip their are better chip to go for (like the wasabi).

As I said, the only thing the wiikey2 has going for it is how easy it is to solder. If you are spending extra money on a clip anyway you may as well get a decent chip.

and lol at modchip central - $59 for the chip/clip you linked to, but if you buy them separately it is only $55. More expensive for a bundle? that's great business sense!! ;-p

11. OmniSlash2o6
    OP

Sep 11, 2007
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Well I'm getting a Wasabi V3 on a Clip...I was just scared that flash space would be a problem but I doubt..it

12. dmonkey21

dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 10, 2007
    United States
    ...Ya, because if you buy them "bundled" it is presoldered, obviously if you buy them apart you still have to solder it to the clip.... $4 for them to solder for you how is that a bad deal lol

*EDIT* - Nvm, they charge $5 to solder it as well, but $9 is still decent if you don't wanna solder, you're right though it would be dumb to buy the bundle not presoldered lol.