Wiikey Wires/points

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Edster, Mar 29, 2007.

Mar 29, 2007

Wiikey Wires/points by Edster at 8:35 PM (2,153 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. Edster
    OP

Member Edster GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does anyone know which point(s) on the Wiikey (1-6) is used for updating/saving settings? Since I cannot seem to save my settings for Region Free I was hoping it might be a problem with this point(s) and not the chip.

WiiKey doesn't offer after market support it appears. 2 Emails and not a single response for over three weeks

2. ps2.au

Member ps2.au Advanced Member

Australia
    that is normal, every time u put the wiikey config disc in to wii, the region free always say OFF

3. Edster
    OP

United States
    Yes but after I set it to Regio Free and Save the setting I restart the Wii and try a NTSC-J game and it won't load. I patch the game and it works fine. This happens on mine and I just installed a WiiKey for a friend last night and it did the same thing. I can't believe that two chips are faulty. I got mine from the first shipment from Foundmy and he just got his last week. I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot see where. Everything looks clean. Wire install with no solder blobs. Very clean install.

4. ps2.au

Member ps2.au Advanced Member

Australia
    that is because wiikey are not really 100% region free chip!

5. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    yeah, there's room for improvement in the region free capability of any of the modchips.

6. Edster
    OP

United States
    So how can I test that my settings are set right? I tried bomberman NTSC-J on my NTSC-U and it won't load. I can't tell if my setiings actually took. It would be nice if the setup software said failed writing or showed it as successful. I have no way of really knowing if it is infact now Region Free. I've yet to see an NTSC-J game play on my console without patching.

7. mustnap

Member mustnap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Check the compatibility list and try one of the games that is said to be working

for example, i managed to get Bleach working on my NTSC/U. so try that game and see if it works or not.

8. Edster
    OP

United States
    I checked the list and the two games that I tried are listed as working and both did not load. Wing island NTSC-J and Bomberman Land NTSC-J. Patching both games made them work fine. I still don't think my settings are being saved. What I don't understand is how the install I did for a friend was the exact same issue. Not that this is a huge issue with me, I just hope that if an update does come out I can load it. I am not sure that it will work for me. Hopefully a better setup disc comes out. One that shows what your settings at.

Basically I give up on this. No help from Wiikey support. I know there are others with this problem. I don't see any light in this tunnel.

9. Sonic_Crash [NL]

Newcomer Sonic_Crash [NL] Member

Netherlands
    I actually have excactly the same problem. I really don't know what to do to make it work. (patching but i chose wiikey becouse you don't have to patch the games.
    Pal games will work on my pal wii, but Elebits (have to work) and Cooking Mama (have to work too) won't be read by my wii.

This actually sux becouse i was hoping to play some usa games on my wii without patching. [​IMG]

10. Edster
    OP

United States
    This is why I laugh at WiiKey and their claim of superior warranty and service over clones. They don't respond to emails. They claim full replacement of their product if it doens't work but they never respond to emails. How is that better than a clone?

I WISH I BOUGHT A CHEAP CLONE!

WiiKey supports sucks ass!!!

11. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Just recheck your install points and try the setup disc again.

I use the 1.0 setup disc and it worked with 10 chips perfectly.

12. Sonic_Crash [NL]

Netherlands
    I can't solder so i let someone did it for me. Everything works with exeption of backups of another region. [​IMG]

13. Edster
    OP

United States
    I checked and they all seem fine. This is why I would like to know which wire uses the communication from the Setup disc.

14. coliseu

Newcomer coliseu Newbie

Brazil
    i dont have problems with NTSC games.

i have an original wiikey.

i will try pal games .

15. smid

Newcomer smid Advanced Member

Japan
    I also have this problem. I set the region override to "ON" in the setup program, saved the settings and burned Elebits NTSC to a DVD+RW.. but it didn't work. I then patched the elebits iso with regionfrii and burned it to the same DVD+RW disc and it worked fine. I also checked all my solder points and they're fine.
    I bought my chip from Cheapmod.com, so I doubt it's a clone.

16. Edster
    OP

United States
    I bought mine from Foundmy. Unless the NTSC-J must be on a DVD-R which I cannot figure, there is a problem with mine. I can only play patched games when I burn on DVD+RW. No answer from them as to where I should look. At least an email acknowledgement would be nice. I did not burn NTSC-J to a DVD-R since the +RW works on a patched. Maybe I should try this. I guess you never know...

17. smid

Newcomer smid Advanced Member

Japan
    Are you supposed to get the message "Saving.... done"? All I get is "Saving..." but the "done" never appears.

18. Sonic_Crash [NL]

Netherlands
    Dunno, i have the same problem as you so i don't know.

19. Louse76

Member Louse76 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Don't be talkin' shit about my chip.

Works great for me. Maybe YOU are the problem? [​IMG]

20. Edster
    OP

United States
    Well maybe I am the problem. I would like to find that out but with a lack of response/support how the fuck can I know. Where is the so called great support that buying an original WiiKey is????

Like I said, I would get the same support from a clone!!!!

I ask as simple question and get no repsonse from the manfacturer. Nice!

Did you design the chip???