Hacking Wiikey Wires/points

Edster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know which point(s) on the Wiikey (1-6) is used for updating/saving settings? Since I cannot seem to save my settings for Region Free I was hoping it might be a problem with this point(s) and not the chip.

WiiKey doesn't offer after market support it appears. 2 Emails and not a single response for over three weeks

Edster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is normal, every time u put the wiikey config disc in to wii, the region free always say OFF

Yes but after I set it to Regio Free and Save the setting I restart the Wii and try a NTSC-J game and it won't load. I patch the game and it works fine. This happens on mine and I just installed a WiiKey for a friend last night and it did the same thing. I can't believe that two chips are faulty. I got mine from the first shipment from Foundmy and he just got his last week. I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot see where. Everything looks clean. Wire install with no solder blobs. Very clean install.

Edster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is because wiikey are not really 100% region free chip!

So how can I test that my settings are set right? I tried bomberman NTSC-J on my NTSC-U and it won't load. I can't tell if my setiings actually took. It would be nice if the setup software said failed writing or showed it as successful. I have no way of really knowing if it is infact now Region Free. I've yet to see an NTSC-J game play on my console without patching.

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the compatibility list and try one of the games that is said to be working

for example, i managed to get Bleach working on my NTSC/U. so try that game and see if it works or not.

So how can I test that my settings are set right? I tried bomberman NTSC-J on my NTSC-U and it won't load. I can't tell if my setiings actually took. It would be nice if the setup software said failed writing or showed it as successful. I have no way of really knowing if it is infact now Region Free. I've yet to see an NTSC-J game play on my console without patching.

Edster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the compatibility list and try one of the games that is said to be working

for example, i managed to get Bleach working on my NTSC/U. so try that game and see if it works or not.

I checked the list and the two games that I tried are listed as working and both did not load. Wing island NTSC-J and Bomberman Land NTSC-J. Patching both games made them work fine. I still don't think my settings are being saved. What I don't understand is how the install I did for a friend was the exact same issue. Not that this is a huge issue with me, I just hope that if an update does come out I can load it. I am not sure that it will work for me. Hopefully a better setup disc comes out. One that shows what your settings at.

Basically I give up on this. No help from Wiikey support. I know there are others with this problem. I don't see any light in this tunnel.

Sonic_Crash [NL]

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I actually have excactly the same problem. I really don't know what to do to make it work. (patching but i chose wiikey becouse you don't have to patch the games.
Pal games will work on my pal wii, but Elebits (have to work) and Cooking Mama (have to work too) won't be read by my wii.

This actually sux becouse i was hoping to play some usa games on my wii without patching.
cry.gif

Edster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(Sonic_Crash [NL said:
@ Apr 2 2007, 06:00 PM)]I actually have excactly the same problem. I really don't know what to do to make it work. (patching but i chose wiikey becouse you don't have to patch the games.
Pal games will work on my pal wii, but Elebits (have to work) and Cooking Mama (have to work too) won't be read by my wii.

This actually sux becouse i was hoping to play some usa games on my wii without patching.Â
cry.gif

This is why I laugh at WiiKey and their claim of superior warranty and service over clones. They don't respond to emails. They claim full replacement of their product if it doens't work but they never respond to emails. How is that better than a clone?

I WISH I BOUGHT A CHEAP CLONE!

WiiKey supports sucks ass!!!

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just recheck your install points and try the setup disc again.

I use the 1.0 setup disc and it worked with 10 chips perfectly.

smid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also have this problem. I set the region override to "ON" in the setup program, saved the settings and burned Elebits NTSC to a DVD+RW.. but it didn't work. I then patched the elebits iso with regionfrii and burned it to the same DVD+RW disc and it worked fine. I also checked all my solder points and they're fine.
I bought my chip from Cheapmod.com, so I doubt it's a clone.

Edster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have this problem. I set the region override to "ON" in the setup program, saved the settings and burned Elebits NTSC to a DVD+RW.. but it didn't work. I then patched the elebits iso with regionfrii and burned it to the same DVD+RW disc and it worked fine. I also checked all my solder points and they're fine.
I bought my chip from Cheapmod.com, so I doubt it's a clone.

I bought mine from Foundmy. Unless the NTSC-J must be on a DVD-R which I cannot figure, there is a problem with mine. I can only play patched games when I burn on DVD+RW. No answer from them as to where I should look. At least an email acknowledgement would be nice. I did not burn NTSC-J to a DVD-R since the +RW works on a patched. Maybe I should try this. I guess you never know...

smid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you supposed to get the message "Saving.... done"? All I get is "Saving..." but the "done" never appears.

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(Sonic_Crash [NL) said:
,Apr 2 2007, 06:00 PM]I actually have excactly the same problem. I really don't know what to do to make it work. (patching but i chose wiikey becouse you don't have to patch the games.

This actually sux becouse i was hoping to play some usa games on my wii without patching.Â
cry.gif

This is why I laugh at WiiKey and their claim of superior warranty and service over clones. They don't respond to emails. They claim full replacement of their product if it doens't work but they never respond to emails. How is that better than a clone?

Don't be talkin' shit about my chip.

Works great for me. Maybe YOU are the problem?
ohmy.gif

Edster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(Sonic_Crash [NL) said:
,Apr 2 2007, 06:00 PM]I actually have excactly the same problem. I really don't know what to do to make it work. (patching but i chose wiikey becouse you don't have to patch the games.

cry.gif

Don't be talkin' shit about my chip.

Works great for me. Maybe YOU are the problem?
ohmy.gif

Well maybe I am the problem. I would like to find that out but with a lack of response/support how the fuck can I know. Where is the so called great support that buying an original WiiKey is????

Like I said, I would get the same support from a clone!!!!

I ask as simple question and get no repsonse from the manfacturer. Nice!

Did you design the chip???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.