wiikey v1

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by mitford, Jul 23, 2009.

Jul 23, 2009

wiikey v1 by mitford at 6:02 PM (745 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. mitford
    OP

Newcomer mitford Newbie

United Kingdom
    hello people i have a some questions i have been reading on here for a while but just wanted some clarification on a few things.

I have a wiikey v1 firmware 1.9g on a pal wii fw version 3.2

it's been a while since i last played a back up game i think it must have been house of the dead,

so......

can i still play back up games like wii sports resort without having to do anything to my wii?

do i need to update my wiikey to 1.9s?

is it ok for me to let the wii update if a game has an update on it can i brick my wii doing this? I only play games from my region.

I think thats it for now

Thanks for any help, it all seems to have moved on since the last time i looked [​IMG]

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    1.9g is great for every game, homebrew, loaders etc.
    1.9s has a bug, some users reported that Gamecube game's streaming audio were buggy again (I didn't noticed it), and the DVD speed is limited to 3x instead of 6x even if setting it to 6 with config_disk.

The only problem you can have on 1.9g is : You can't play Original Smash Brows Brawl.
    But a Copy is working great, so no need to update to 1.9s is you don't need to run an original DVD9.

3. mitford
    OP

Newcomer mitford Newbie

United Kingdom

Thanks for the quick reply, so just caary on as normal for me then if a game has an update on it just let it update. Why have they brought out a wiikey 2 if the first one is still ok?

4. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    For new chipset model.

V1 is working on DMS, D2A and D2B.
    V2 is working on DMS, D2A, D2B, D2C, D2C-2 and D2E chipsets

5. mitford
    OP

Newcomer mitford Newbie

United Kingdom
    Ah i see, thankyou

6. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    1.9s was only relevant for getting official dual layer disks to work rather than copies but it still had all of the same features of 1.9g. I personally have felt no degredation in features.