Hardware wiikey v1

mitford

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hello people i have a some questions i have been reading on here for a while but just wanted some clarification on a few things.

I have a wiikey v1 firmware 1.9g on a pal wii fw version 3.2

it's been a while since i last played a back up game i think it must have been house of the dead,

so......

can i still play back up games like wii sports resort without having to do anything to my wii?

do i need to update my wiikey to 1.9s?

is it ok for me to let the wii update if a game has an update on it can i brick my wii doing this? I only play games from my region.

I think thats it for now

Thanks for any help, it all seems to have moved on since the last time i looked
wacko.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1.9g is great for every game, homebrew, loaders etc.
1.9s has a bug, some users reported that Gamecube game's streaming audio were buggy again (I didn't noticed it), and the DVD speed is limited to 3x instead of 6x even if setting it to 6 with config_disk.

The only problem you can have on 1.9g is : You can't play Original Smash Brows Brawl.
But a Copy is working great, so no need to update to 1.9s is you don't need to run an original DVD9.

mitford

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
1.9g is great for every game, homebrew, loaders etc.
1.9s has a bug, some users reported that Gamecube game's streaming audio were buggy again (I didn't noticed it), and the DVD speed is limited to 3x instead of 6x even if setting it to 6 with config_disk.

The only problem you can have on 1.9g is : You can't play Original Smash Brows Brawl.
But a Copy is working great, so no need to update to 1.9s is you don't need to run an original DVD9.

Thanks for the quick reply, so just caary on as normal for me then if a game has an update on it just let it update. Why have they brought out a wiikey 2 if the first one is still ok?

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
1.9s was only relevant for getting official dual layer disks to work rather than copies but it still had all of the same features of 1.9g. I personally have felt no degredation in features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head