Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
ju421019 said:
Hi, would appreciate any help.

My Wii system is at 3.0 from what I can tell - I have not done any of the updates. My WiiKey is installed and plays backups, including PES 2008.

I have not played any of the games such as SMG, SSBB, etc.

1. Is it safe to update the Wii software, without it effecting my backups?

2. In order to play SMG, etc., do I just upgrade the firmware straight to 1.9s?

3. If I don't update the Wiikey firmware to 1.9s, can I still play the originals for SMG, SSBB, etc.?

Thank you!
1. Yes it is safe as of now.
2. Yes.
3. The SSBB original wont work unless you have 1.9s, SMG original will work, but backups of both games wont work without updating the wiikey.

Ghaleon1982

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you burn the wiikey 1.9s.iso to a DVD cuz if I remember correctly you had to patch the iso with a dummy file to get the wii to read it. you have to do that now? Also my Wii updated when I tried to play the new Mario Kart and now I get error 001 will this update CD fix that or do I have to do something else to fix it?

onmyown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Um, I've got a few questions about this update. Hope you guys don't mind. (Been away from the Wii scene for a while cause I got a new job.. hell I only just found out about the Dupe Channel Remover.)

1) This is an official update right? Not simply a beta release like 1.9g was?

2) I'm still on 1.9b (cause I didn't wanna update 1.9g since it wasn't official), so is it ok to go from that straight to 1.9s?

3) Will it affect Trucha signed games? (I ran Trucha signed SMG and SSBB on my 1.9b.)

Thanks again for any help!

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
1) 1.9g was also Offical. And yes this is from the WiiKey guys.

2) The only issue on 1.9s is it lack of GC AudioFix.... but you can upgrade straight to 1.9s fom your 1.9b.

3) Nope not at all. All games will work just fine.

onmyown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
superrob said:

2) The only issue on 1.9s is it lack of GC AudioFix.... but you can upgrade straight to 1.9s fom your 1.9b.

Cool, thanks for the quick reply.

I was the under the impression 1.9g wasn't a full or official update or something, merely a quick fix for the SMG 001 error. Wasn't there a disclaimer or something on the Wiikey site regarding its use? In any case, good to know I can update directly from 1.9b.

By the way, was the audiofix ever working in any update release? I never quite tried it cause I still use my GameCube for most GC games.

sugusazul

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

My wii is 3.2.E PAL with wiikey update1.9s. If you have problems with streaming audio, in games like Eternal Darkness, hearing an annoying noise while reciting Edgar Allan Poe poem. I found one solution. You must not downgrade to 1.9g, well, it's not necesary. Just use the config disc 1.3, you can find it here , and save default settings, then reset wii from config disc.

Eternal darkness works fine,not shrinked backups and originals. And if you want to use GCOS, make sure that the bios is from your region (GCOS from config disc 1.3 or 1.4 works, just the difference between them is that the last one GCOS ask you for audio fixing when you run the game (I run it pressing x,and later I configure 60hz screen in the Edgar Allan Poe poem... talking about Eternal Darkness ) and Gcos from config disc 1.4 accept dvd9.

If I use a NTSC GCOS, the audio problem with GC games using streaming audio comes back.

So, just make sure that you save settings from wiikey config disc 1.3, not both new ones 1.4, and the audio problems disapear. You can keep your 1.9s wiikey version.

I think it's just a problem with the config disc 1.4 PAL versions.

P.S. Mario galaxy works, SSBB works,... wiikey version 1.9s, config disc 1.3. That's all.

Regards!

duncanm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick bump and a question...

This errors at the test stage and mentions I should check the connections.

The Wii came with the Wiikey pre-installed and on 1.9g.

Reading back it looks like I have a dodgy clone..... so far being stuck on 1.9g has not been a problem, but is it likely to become one and for someone who would rather not get into soldering what are my oiptions if it does start to stop me playing games?

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
superrob said:

Nope, AudioFix works great on 19.s
You have to turn "ON" the Audiofix AND DevMod options.
Turn OFF all the RegionOverride options (For Wii & NGC). (I use StarFall 0.5 to patch my system Menu with region free. It works like this)
So, the ONLY options that must be turned ON are: AudioFix & DevMod.

Naruto 4 & Bloody Roar Primal Fury works great with sound. =)

Don't know if DVDR speed works at 6x...

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
- Classic IPL --> Click on it will make the menu freeze for about 3 seconds, and then the original GC logo/animation will run....then it will return back to the config menu. No idea about the use of this.

This interests me...
http://linux.wikia.com/wiki/GameCube_Linux/IPL

New way of GC Loading?

Anyways I'd love to see the GC animation running on my wii
biggrin.gif

PS: is wiikey config disk a gc disk? can we open the contents, because wiiscrubber doesn't work.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there such thing as the 1.9 config disc? I burned cfg.1.9s.us.iso from one of the official threads, but the version on the screen still says 1.4. Is it mislabeled?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol