Hardware wiikey stopped working all of a sudden!!!

Wanderer509

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, i need urgent help please!

As of now, my wiikey wont read any disc, even config 1.9s or update 1.9s disc (i had previously updated to 1.9s). it started one night, i tried playing trauma center: new blood, it got inside the game but couldnt get pass teh now loading screen, so i just went whatever and went to sleep. the next day i woke up, it would not read any backups at all! i tried config 1.9s and update1.9s to no avail. i previously had this problem once before too, but after numerous tries it corrected tiself by letting me install 1.9s update again. However, this time its difference. this time, whenever i put a back up in, it will give me disc error. last time, it would tell me disc cannot be read (just the question mark thing) instead of the black screen message. is there any way to recover my wiikey and make it work again? i thought of restoring the wii to factory setting but did not. any recovery disc, leads that i can try to help my poor wii?

my wii is NTSC-J with 3.2J, 1.9s wiikey

help please!!!

PigVenus

Trophies
XP
Country
Could you downgrade it to 1.9g? I know that sometimes the modchip firmware versions affect the reading sensitivity.

Wanderer509

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
acutally, after i updated to 1.9s i thought the performance of my wiikey degraded as well. i dont have any original on hand at the moment, need to get them to try. i think its more the wiikey is somehow dead, as if the wii laser is dead, i doubt it will give me the black screen of death but just tell me cant read disc.

regardless, does anyone know if 1.9b recovery would work? or if there is any other recovery method? any help is greatly appreciated! thanks!

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would definately try an original disc, as that will tell you if it's the modchip or the laser has failed. It's most likely the wiikey, as a connection may of come loose or something, breaking the functionality of the chip.

Wanderer509

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i somehow recovered my wiikey with wiikey recovery 1.9b and reupdated to 1.9s again. but 1.9s died on me again =o= it read my config disc, n after configuring it, it STILL wont run back ups, and not wont read config too >___> at the moment i am recovering with 1.9b again. i think will stay on 1.9g for a while, 1.9s has proven buggy for me =( heres to i can fully restore my wii!

EDIT: wiikey recovery doesnt seem to be working again at the moment, it keep hearing the disc click insdie or something but nothing really happens, n it tells me cant read disc (the white screen with a quesiton mark). I AM SO MAD! one moent it updats to 1.9s and reads config disc, then it donest read back ups, n it doesnt read ANYTHING again now =o= wada heck is wrong with the wiikey, is anyone getting bugs from 1.9s? cuz i havent had very good experiences with the wiikey eversince i updated to 1.9s

Phinxy

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh damit! I got my wii chipped for kinda cheap, payed 10 dollar extra for wiikey compared to their wiid chip, Backups was fine and so on just that updates didn't go thru.. After 10 emails they answers and tells me to go back to check solders but what the heck, with 001 patcher and so on it wasnt necissary.. Until now! My wiikey (or clone, dunno) just stopped working.. No backups and no recover disc.. And my guarantee just ran out (Got one year, pretty good) as it was programmed to disable it self lol! Fuck, I'm gonna try to contact them and ask if they can resolder it for free or i can do it myself but i just need to get the tools, Takes a while to get to sweden and i want to play now! Damn shit!

Edit: Wow, amazing.. Today after i played some defend your castle all backups are working fine! annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next