Wiikey Farce Continues

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
After the update,will there be 100% region free??

no, a drive based modchip will never have full 100% region free, thats how i understand it anyway.

QUOTEI'm also thinking about modding my Wii with this chip.
I've heard good reviews about it.
But so apparently the update support is not that good?
What kind of problems does the chip now have?

well out of all the reviews i've read about the wiikey (and there is a very small amount out there) they have always commented on the audio fix problem, the reviews i've read never gave a positive or negative approach to the wiikey so i had to base my purchase on peoples opinion from forum members basically, if the update does come out and that's a big if then this will be the first update ever from the wiikey team.

even if they don't official release anything i'm sure someone out there would leak it so that other wiikey users can make good use of it, again that is if the update actually exists.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Let's just hope they release it.
And: I hope the Dual Layer support they were talking about works aswell. Because I was looking forward to that.

So we can finally play all those dual layer Wii releases?

there is no Wii games that support dual layer yet, but the optical disc type format does support it so it could be possible that Wii games could use it in the future. source

i think the dual layer support is gonna be used for those people who wanna cram as many gamecube games on one dvd9 i presume.

SnickS

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I won't believe it till I actually see the update, but still it sounds great
smile.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DVD9, that's a 9GB disc right?
Do Wii iso's really come that big? All the ISO's I've seen are about 4.7
My DVD-writer can only handle singlelayerd disc.

kokiri_link

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It will be for gamecube ISO, but its up to the wiikey developer, to include support for this. And if they do, emu_kidid (the developer of GCOS), will add support for DVD9 to the next GCOS.

Raging Demon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are such a bunch of whinny kids. I also laugh at the retard who earlier said that 'as paying customers, we must get our money worth'

You are dealing with pirate content; your silly legal concepts are almost as relevant as some pothead crying that his dealer ripped him off. If you are that affected by audio fix issues, take the chip out, that's it.

The Nintendo scenes always seem to bring out the biggest nancies. The N64/GBC/GBA/DS scenes were also so full of drama. holy god you guys somehow manage to be biggest nancies than those 4 scenes combined.

Calm the hell down. The update is coming.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
2 questions,

1: why would it say "insert coin?"
2: why would the firmware update say 1.6 if this is the first firmware? should it say 1.0 or something?

imo if the user who posted these pictures can't even share the features of the firmware what is to say that the pictures are fake and they are pulling our leg? why would they only send the firmware code to only one person on the whole internet? i thought they would have many beta testers, in fact the gba temp staff get review stuff right? so they should get the latest firmware code aswell so they can review the new features?

and i won't believe the pictures unless i see a youtube video of him inserting the dvd disc into the Wii and updating the firmware AND playing a gamecube game that requires audio fix all in one video, then i may believe it.

chewy!

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2 questions,

1: why would it say "insert coin?"
2: why would the firmware update say 1.6 if this is the first firmware? should it say 1.0 or something?

1. It's a joke, where's your sense of humor?
2. Actually I thought it would be v1.3, since the last update was 1.2. I'm going to assume the large gap in versions is the reason for the delay.

Oh, and nobody cares if you believe it.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ha ha ha?

what do you mean version 1.3 or 1.2? there was never a new version of a firmware ever? this is the first wiikey update that's been announced.

and it's up to you if you want false promises, it will be you who will be disappointed at the end if this is one big joke.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got around to playing A way out is pretty fun coop game to kill time
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and a buddy used to play that, is pretty fun. Graphics were pretty good also at that time, I think what 5-6 years ago. --Edit yea was 2018
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
    LNLenost @ LNLenost: btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane