Hardware wiikey 2 installed in d2b

gottuhaveit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just removed an original wiikey chip from my wii and have now installed the wiikey 2 chip. The drive only works when you turn it on and off. It will not take in the disc automatically. I am also trying to do an update for the wiikey 2 but I just get a blue screen that says wiikey 2 config disc v1.3 and cannot seem to go anywhere after I get to this screen. I have a d2b drive and I only soldered 5 wires, A,B,C,GRND, and 3.3v power. I could not find any photos of an wiikey 2 install on a d2b. Have I done something wrong here guys? I sure would appreciate some help with this, especially on the update section and I thank you very much.
wacko.gif

gottuhaveit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Did you even think to look on the Wiikey Website? It's under "manuals"

LOL you are a really funny guy. Yes I have installed many wiikey original discs and I stated that I even removed the wiikey original to install the wiikey 2. I have the install guide form the website as well and have looked for info on the d2b and from what I have seen and read I only need the 5 wires but there is no pictures showing just the d2b install and it only says I need the wires that I soldered so I just was trying to find out what I did wrong. I could not even find pictures of a wiikey chip actually installed on a d2b drive anywhere and yes I did use google. Yeah almost forgot to mention that there is nothing under manuals for the wiikey 2 chip the only thing they have is a standard installation guide. So with this said could someone please let me know if I have soldered this d2b drive correctly or do I also need the g wire soldered for the d2b drive. I sure would appreciate some help with this and even more so applying the installation. Thanks again

gottuhaveit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there someone here that can tell me exactly what is suppose to happen after you insert the wiikey 2 config&update disc. As I said I am getting a blue screen that says wiikey 2 config disc v1.3 but there is nothing that I can execute on the screen. Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E