Hacking WiiGator V.3 quit working after trying to play COD4

joatman66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and formost, I apologize in advance for dropping in here after a very long absence. I've been running WiiGator loader for a long, long time with no problems, so I haven't kept current.

One of my kids put in a retail copy of COD4 the other day to play. He said he got a message about needing to update and the update would render any modded system useless (paraphrasing here). He did not allow it to update (so he says), but now I can't load any of my backups. Original discs play fine.

I tried loading up NeoGamma and but it will not read DVD either.

Can anyone throw me a bone and point me in the right direction?

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
joatman66 said:
First and formost, I apologize in advance for dropping in here after a very long absence. I've been running WiiGator loader for a long, long time with no problems, so I haven't kept current.

One of my kids put in a retail copy of COD4 the other day to play. He said he got a message about needing to update and the update would render any modded system useless (paraphrasing here). He did not allow it to update (so he says), but now I can't load any of my backups. Original discs play fine.

I tried loading up NeoGamma and but it will not read DVD either.

Can anyone throw me a bone and point me in the right direction?

sorry to tell u but the problem is in red up there...
since you can really use a good update, u should update your wii the official way and then just follow the sticky about softmodding any wii and u should be fine

joatman66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My thought exactly... I'll do some reading. When I modded, updating was a no-no, but that was some time ago.

Thanks for the advice.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't have to softmod again. update HBC, then use the sticky guide in the wii hacking section. it will get you up to 4.2 safely (nintendo's update is NOT safe as it updates boot2) and hack the wii. Follow it STEP BY STEP, do not skip anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo