Hacking Wiigator Backup Jumble?

muzzaml

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so I burnt Naruto on this Phillips DVD+R, see? I installed the cIOS on my wii and everything, see? I patched the ISO, and put it into my wii. Everything is all right, no error, and no crash or error stating the disk is unreadable. Now, I go to the HBC, load up the backup launcher, and when I load game, the launcher starts reading, but a few seconds later, it shows an error and a jumble of letters on letters (literally)
Now, I dont know if its the game, DVD, or launcher.
I have only cIOS's installed, and no further mods. My wii system is 3.3u, with Tona's IOS and wii shop fix.
If you need any more info, please let me know.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
muzzaml said:
Ok, so I burnt Naruto on this Phillips DVD+R, see? I installed the cIOS on my wii and everything, see? I patched the ISO, and put it into my wii. Everything is all right, no error, and no crash or error stating the disk is unreadable. Now, I go to the HBC, load up the backup launcher, and when I load game, the launcher starts reading, but a few seconds later, it shows an error and a jumble of letters on letters (literally)
Now, I dont know if its the game, DVD, or launcher.
I have only cIOS's installed, and no further mods. My wii system is 3.3u, with Tona's IOS and wii shop fix.
If you need any more info, please let me know.

..and if you need any more info please use the SEARCH feature at the top of the site - this has been answered about 100 times on new threads each time by people using their first post and not searching for anything before posting.

Ask again after you have checked out 10 threads the same as this

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
I have had problems with Phillips' DVDs in the past... I have never purchased them sense. Ironically the Phillips DVDs would not work in my Phillips DVD player... Thus I haven't purchased those again, typically I use TDK and HP.

muzzaml

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already searched, but nothing I found seemed to apply. I'm not sure about booktypes, I'm new to burning. I used Express burn, and as far as I know, there was no booktype option

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Booktype stuff is a little complicated, use DVD-Rs and you don't need to do it(and of course you can't). This is the major difference for DVD-R and DVD+R in your wii. Just take a look at the thread i posted earlier.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ImgBurn allows you to change booktype or you can find custom firmware that automatically does it.. just get some -R like said above.

LuffarJoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have burned 3 games, two on Fujifilm DVD+R (4x speed, Boktype DVD-rom) and 1 one SONY DVD-R (2.4x speed) useing ImgBurn. All working after softmod and launche thorugh WiiGator without any problems at all.
No patching of the isos whatsoever.
smile.gif

hamstarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
to burn dvr+r discs I'm getting the best results using:
-2X burn speed
-set DVD-Rom booktype
-Burn-proof Disabled (read somewhere that this would help... can't really say why...
tongue.gif
)
using imgburn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn