Hacking WiiFlow

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This WiiFlow looks interesting and I am thinking of trying it out. Currently I use Configurable USB Loader. One question, when using the install game option of Wiiflow, i.e. copying a Wii game from the Wii's DVD drive to a USB HDD, is there an option to install only the game partition or does it automatically install all of the partitions that are on the DVD?

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
Dent said:
This WiiFlow looks interesting and I am thinking of trying it out. Currently I use Configurable USB Loader. One question, when using the install game option of Wiiflow, i.e. copying a Wii game from the Wii's DVD drive to a USB HDD, is there an option to install only the game partition or does it automatically install the all the partitions that are on the DVD?

i think you will find all loaders only install the game partition , im not really sure what your asking ?

The Beast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dent said:
This WiiFlow looks interesting and I am thinking of trying it out. Currently I use Configurable USB Loader. One question, when using the install game option of Wiiflow, i.e. copying a Wii game from the Wii's DVD drive to a USB HDD, is there an option to install only the game partition or does it automatically install all of the partitions that are on the DVD?

I'm not sure what's removed, but the size of the game is defiantly reduced automatically.

Can someone explain what is removed?

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
The Beast said:
Dent said:

I'm not sure what's removed, but the size of the game is defiantly reduced automatically.

Can someone explain what is removed?

i aint no expert ! but what is removed ( wiiscrubber describes it better ) is junk data used to fill up the disc and an update partition if the game requires it !

HostileJava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get this to work with GH5. I am using IOS223 and the 002 error fix in configurable USBLoader and it loads fine. Try those same settings in here and it does not work. I've tried numerous combinations of settings and can't get it to load. either get the 002 error or a black screen when I try to load the game.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
geedub said:
Dent said:
This WiiFlow looks interesting and I am thinking of trying it out. Currently I use Configurable USB Loader. One question, when using the install game option of Wiiflow, i.e. copying a Wii game from the Wii's DVD drive to a USB HDD, is there an option to install only the game partition or does it automatically install the all the partitions that are on the DVD?

i think you will find all loaders only install the game partition , im not really sure what your asking ?
With the Configurable USB Loader, as described in the readme-CFG.txt, in the config.txt file you can add a line as follows:

install_partitions = [all], only_game
# controls which partitions from DVD are installed to HDD.

So that is what I am asking.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry it seems i didnt read your question properly ! i didnt even know this was an option on cfgloader

but it automatically only adds the game partition !

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this wonderful loader, it looks gorgeous and works great!

Is it possible for you to implement a list view mode like what USB Loader GX has? If there was a configurable list mode with covers I would ditch GX altogether.

arcalion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using wiiflow since the first beta, but by the videos this looks like a whole different league.

I'm downloading it at the moment, can't wait to try it out.

Well done Hibern
gbasp.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
cheats work , but not online , and i think it's a good choice.

to use ocarina , transform your .txt in .gct , rename it with the gameid of your game , and put it in /codes/ (on SD or USB).

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hibern said:
I shouldn't even be reading messages today.
Please stop posting meaningless things.
I'll try to solve dsfanatic's problem next week (21st), as it sounds like a serious bug.
Thanks Hibern. I have put in about 3 hours of rigid testing, and can now produce desired bugs at will. I have boiled it down to the wiiflow.ini file, and how it handles loading covers using the "data_on_usb=no" command. On my drive where a FAT32 partition exists, I place a wiiflow.ini that I created with notepad, with the data_on_usb=no command. The covers download to my SD fine, and show in the loader with no problem. Wii Sports Resort (problematic game/002 fix) launches fine, as do the other 17 games on this drive. Then I power off my Wii.

From here, I plug in my fully partitioned drive containing 236 games, and try to launch Wii Sports Resort (which just worked on my 2 partition drive), but it freezes at black screen, wiimote disconnects, and I have to hard-reset the Wii. Now that I've had this failure, I power down my Wii completely.

Then I plug in the first drive that worked (2 partitions) and Wii Sports Resort (which just worked on this drive) now won't load. I can only guess that something is being written to the wiiflow.ini when I plug in the other drive, and then causes some error to be written to my settings, which is why the drive worked just moments ago, now won't load any of the 18 games on it.

For the heck of it, I deleted my wiiflow.ini altogether, and decided I would only use my fully partitioned WBFS drive with covers on my SD. Since there is no FAT32 partition on it, I don't need to manually edit the wiiflow.ini, and can let the loader create it naturally. Wii Sports Resort loads fine, but when I reset/shut down, and try to load a second game, but no games will load from here on out. I'm using cIOS_rev14 on a 4.1U Wii, so this isn't an error with my softmodding, as other loaders don't produce these results. I hope this info was helpful in resolving this issue, and I've read a couple others with the same problem, so I do believe it's not my error. Feel free to contact me if you need any more input or testing.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:

Is it possible for you to implement a list view mode like what USB Loader GX has? If there was a configurable list mode with covers I would ditch GX altogether.
Then it wouldn't be WiiFLOW ??

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sledge1 said:
D34DL1N3R said:

Then it wouldn't be WiiFLOW ??

+1 for that comment

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
well my laptop screen died and then my damn openWRT router decided it was brick happy

anyway after 2 weeks offline at home, i return to a e-mail inbox full of various test versions and 843 other bits of crap lol

anyway Hibern dude this is damn right EPIC there is no way i will ever use another loader.

Yakomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have to agree!

Also, I love the idea of the game's original Disc Channel sound playing when a game is selected, very nice touch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c