Hacking WiiFlow

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kLiNiKaL said:
no, even if you install the new cios222 (as i have) Hibern needs to update his code to work with the new version so we will jus have to wait until he gets round to it which i believe is this weekend hopefully

@Hibern - how about built in update please dude?
But if you have installed the rev 4 version, which I think most people probably have, what exactly is the problem since you and others are not reporting problems with its use with the current Wiiflow 1.0. Is it only Metroid Prime Trilogy that may or may not crash?

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
i dont have MP to test this issue but the games i had been using with 222 such as SSBB are still working fine

expect a new version from Hibern this weekend hopefully, maybe even a 1.01 interim version with just bugfix

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kLiNiKaL said:
just format your HDD to all WBFS and then WiiFlow will use the SD card if theres no FAT Partition on USB

if you have a 1/2Gb SD card this shouldnt be a problem and you can save space on your HDD
That would work, however, I will probably just keep the regular quality covers for now as I wanted to cut down on the "thrashing" of the SD card and also like the fact of running the entire Wiiflow program from the HDD.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
using cios222 rev4 I couldnt get mp3 working from metroid prime trilogy. with rev3 it works fine.

Or used to as I'm still getting problems getting any games to work,after moving the games using wbfs manager. Now back to a single wbfs partition and still black screening.

Looks like it was WBFS manager, as newly ripped games work fine, and the ones that do not work dont work with other loaders. i.e. not WiiFlow problem.

Argh got to rip 123 odd games to HD once more. May as well add the fat32 partition as that was not the problem, just the process of moving games off and on the HD to allow the formating of two partitions.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
kLiNiKaL said:
i dont have MP to test this issue but the games i had been using with 222 such as SSBB are still working fine

expect a new version from Hibern this weekend hopefully, maybe even a 1.01 interim version with just bugfix
QUOTEPlease come back on September 26 for a possible version 1.1 that will fix the "black screen bug".
Website
I guess you have to wait a bit longer...or do you know more/have contact with Hibern?

I would love to see an Option for NAND Emu, so that it saves the gamesaves to the SD/USB (saves Space)...still, nobody seems to want to do this...
frown.gif
(besides Nicksasa, which won't support it anymore).

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
fluffykiwi said:
I had never noticed any difference between HQ covers and normal, until I adjusted the coverflows to zoom right in on cover flip. Suddenly the difference becomes very clear. I wish I had realised that before submitting the coverflows used in the default theme.
frown.gif
Oh well we live and learn.

^^ if you had used carbonik theme , you would have noticed it , because i've set up a max zoom on the cover flip , so you can read the back of cover.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
Blue-K said:
kLiNiKaL said:

QUOTEPlease come back on September 26 for a possible version 1.1 that will fix the "black screen bug".
Website
I guess you have to wait a bit longer...or do you know more/have contact with Hibern?

I would love to see an Option for NAND Emu, so that it saves the gamesaves to the SD/USB (saves Space)...still, nobody seems to want to do this...
frown.gif
(besides Nicksasa, which won't support it anymore).

i was beta testing the last round of beta's but i havent heard from him lately

but he did post a few pages back saying he would be working on the loader this weekend so hopefully us lucky testers might be able to get a taste pretty soon

all i want to see added to this loader is black screen fix (a issue i still cant replicate myself) and update option

the update option would be stupid for me since i load my .dol from NAND (unless he can replace that) with PreLoader for autobooting

also NAND Emu would be immense also if no loaders are willing to incorporate it then i doubt Hibern will since he did state once that even though the GUI is soley his own work the loader codes is mainly a copy and paste job (not to take anything away from him ofcourse.)

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Benjay said:
fluffykiwi said:
I had never noticed any difference between HQ covers and normal, until I adjusted the coverflows to zoom right in on cover flip. Suddenly the difference becomes very clear. I wish I had realised that before submitting the coverflows used in the default theme.
frown.gif
Oh well we live and learn.

^^ if you had used carbonik theme , you would have noticed it , because i've set up a max zoom on the cover flip , so you can read the back of cover.

I cant find the option for HQ covers on the WiiTDB site, after reading this i checked it out and 90% of my games covers i had wiiflow download were only 512x340 not 1024x680, so i looked in wiiflow itself, huge difference and readability. Where can i find a full st of HQ covers in 1024x680? I had assumed wiiflow downloaded the HQ automatically from wiiTDB. Thanks

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
it usually does if its available, but most loaders (well all except WiiFlow AFAIK) only support the lower res covers

so if you look at the wiiflow.ini you'll see it first searches for HQ full covers and then stand full covers and then so on and so on until it cant find any cover at all and gives up

look in the wiiflow.ini for the URL of the other cover site

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Say if poeple dont have Wifi , and want the HQ covers , is there a link .. bc i know poeple wont donwlaod them one by one ....

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
AFAIK there isnt a pack of all the high res commonly available althought i believe Spidey and a few others where working on uploading or creating a pack of all the HQ covers they could find

@Benjay - - you know anything about this dude??

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Benjay said:

I had used your theme, but I think it was before I had many HQ covers. It was your theme that made me realise the possibilities on the front zoomed in game cover, in particular the left and right cover positions.

Hibern did mention that the back cover zoom was the only main thing missing in the default coverflows I provided, but I didnt realise the difference was so obvious. Of course I've now modified my own default.ini to zoom in on the back covers., but it would have been nice for this to be in the default theme coverflows for everyone.

One of the best features of WiiFlow in my opinion is the amount of control available to users.

I am working on a new theme myself inspired by the PSP web browser, and in particular the psp homepage, but getting time is hard. As is getting off my arse and getting it done when I have time.
tongue.gif

I'm supposed to be doing home decorating in my spare time, but DS mario and luigi has taken over.
biggrin.gif
As is getting WiiFlow back up and running after my partitioning debacle. Well WiiFlow is working, it is just the games that arent.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
kLiNiKaL said:
@Benjay - - you know anything about this dude??

actually , there is no pack available.
there are 448 FR HQ fullcovers and 440 US HQ fullcovers on WiiTDB.
You can't access them via the site , only way to get them is to use wiiflow for the moment.
We are planning to make a pack , but we still have a lot of work to clean the 440 US covers (many of them are not really good , or zoomed and pixelated , but we didn't have enough time do to it when wiiflow was released , so we just put them online and plan on cleaning them later , what is actually doing spidey).
FR covers are all good and clean , but it doesn"t matter for you , US users ^^

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
kLiNiKaL said:
*changes cover language code to FR*
tongue.gif
Lol...I should probably also do this...my Rayman Raving Rabbids 3 Cover is an pretty ugly custom cover
tongue.gif

Btw...:
Congratulations, you looked at this Spoiler, and therefore, I got something for you...my new Theme "Classy Grey". I'm pretty proud of it, it's 100% custom, every pixel (except the Icons) are from me, and made with much love
tongue.gif
. I would also thank to Roku93, without his Icons that he gave me, this wouldn't be possible. Thanks again, Roku
grog.gif
!!!

Preview:
Meh...unable to provide a real one. I would be very greatful if someone can make some Pics or even a Vid. Thanks in Advance
smile.gif
Here's a Button:
btnconfigs.png

and here's the BG:

Hope you get how it looks like
tongue.gif
. It's pretty neat if you see it in it's full glory, belive me
wink.gif

Download:
http://www.multiupload.com/ZKEDDQI5IC

Please report back your findings, only this way I can make it better!!!

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope to do some work on the covers today, had a little problem with 1 off my external HDD's it became unstable and it took me all week to save most off my data, luckily i was able to save the most important stuff, sadly enough the drive complete died on me after the sescue off my data

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
to US users , don't forget that if you change language to FR in the loader , yes , you will get good and clean FR covers , but only for your PAL games.......not for the NTSC.

@Spidey : thanks , but feel free to take your time , we are not in a hurry
wink.gif

@ Blue-K : this looks really good , can't try it for the moment (wife watching TV) but it seems neat yeah !! i'll have a look asap
wink.gif

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
kLiNiKaL said:
i mean where here to play the games not read the blurb right? lol

well , that's not true for me ^^
i spend more time hacking my wii , developping themes for wiiflow and uploading on wiitdb than playing games on my wii ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...