Hacking WiiFlow-Mod and Emunand

Tij

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asking for a little help with the plug in paths.

I have moved n64 roms to usb device. I altered the not64 and wii64 plugins to usb:/wii64/roms/ but that didn't work. So I tried usb1:/wii64/roms...still nothing. It asks me to chose a partition in wiiflow, which I pick usb but nothing happens. I have tried to reload cache but that didn't help. Kinda at a loss. Please give me some insight.

BinkyTClown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, following this guide step by step and I was a little unsure about installing the minipack and wanted to clarify before proceeding.
*apps folder goes into root of SD or USB
*Sneek folder into USB root (I included some extras and custom titles file too)
*Wads are meant to be installed to both real and emunand: I included my Clouds channels and neek2o channel (real nand) and back to real nand (emunand) and wiiflowloader hidden channel (install on both real and Emunand)

All of this makes sense to me, BUT in that rar file there are several other files and folders. Aside from the wads, apps, and sneek folders, there are folders for genplus, neek_app, retroarch, wii64, WiiFlow, and wiisx. Then there are several lose files - cmdpack-1.03-win32-i386.zip, Devo*.rar, WF-Priiloader... and a few others.

Where are these supposed to go?

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
Some titles will just blackscreen since they belong to different region, there's nothing you can do here except get the game from your region or wait for a neek2o or apploader update

I have a questiona about this, are no supposed that Neeko2 allow booting games from another region? :S

My Wii is PAL but I would like to run wiiware/vc NTSC. Is it better to use PAL emunand+NTSC games or NTSC emunand+NTSC games since my Wii is PAL? What would you recommend to me? Thanks!

edit: In the case of using a NTSC nand, can I copy my PAL files cert.sys and shared2\ folder to the NTSC emunand?

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
Most games work on different region emunand. Only few will blackscreen.
In your case i recommend 4.3 u emunand. And yes cert and sysconf should work fine

Thanks!

I am having a problem with neek2o channel. Wiiflow load the emunand perfectly but if I try opening the neek2o channel on my system menu (either the official or Neek2o Uneek - NK2O v2.2b of your dropbox pack) it seems that stay frozen when say "Reloading botmii ios" for minutes and after a long time I see a screen difficult to read "dates of file system are corrupted" or something like that.

Would you know what may be the cause?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
too little info so can't really tell.
You can either use my premade emunands or use the tutorial to make one using modmii or your own nand extract using wiiflow or PC tools.

to save time you can try this: delete nancfg and diconfig files from \sneek folder and install 4.3u SM wad and IOS 80 IOS to your emunand, this should fix the message but can't guarantee 100% it will work. If it fails use the one of the above mentioned methods.

P.S. When things work for you backup the \nands and \sneek folders for later use

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot! The problem was one of my HDD, the other load fine.

But problems don't finish xD Now I have all ok and can play games using neek2o and wiiflow also can see my emunand and games. But when I try play a game, wiiflow load it==>black screen and return automatically to wiiflow. But i think this is more appropriate to comment on the official wiiflow thread.

who would have thought that I would have so many problems xD Thanks a lot AbdallahTerro!

gdok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. tying to extract wad to nand i get error Common-Key not found. (The common key.bin must be in the application directory) Any advice?

SOLVED: created common key in showmiiwads

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

gdok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Can't quite get it working in wiiflow, I edited the ini in wiiflow 4.1.4 properly. I also am able to play games from neek2o from the system menu. However in Wiiflow i don't have this option from the NAND settings " In Wiiflow 4 and go to nand/channels mode, select emunand from source menu" I just have OFF, FULL, PARTIAL. Full Seems to work, is this ok?

All my NES games are showing in the wiiware menu, should they be in the NES menu? How do i fix?

hards

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the guide after installing this is there any reason why some games will work through the disc channel and some wont , as we are useing verbatium disc burning at x4 like allways and useing imageburn 2.4 all i am doing is making coasters and yet some games will work , thanks

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
for disc channel you need to have either:
0. A DVD drive that supports backups (old wiis have this but not new ones)
1. Darkcorp (not anymore recommended)
or
2. Neocorp hack (check my sig for Disc channel hack thread)
or
3. Priiloader using ios 249 or 250 (d2x cIOS should be installed first) to load system menu

I prefer option 2 however option 4 aka USB loaders is streets ahead

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIoANBgzYkQ