Hacking WiiFlow Lite

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forgot to mention.
if you are using homebrew smallbox covers and want to fix your covers you will need to first delete the wiiflow/cache/homebrew folder that has all the .wfc files. then do reload cache to get the new covers.

Oh yes please! Btw there is a new devkitppc version out if you may.

Sent from the Island of Venus
what's changed? how do you find this out? i don't see anywhere that he announces new releases.

edit: nevermind I found it. they actually mentioned it on the devkitpro forum. i also see they updated libpng.
maybe wednesday we'll see about building with devkitppc r36.

Last edited by fledge68,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find a WiiU forwarder for that (.dol file) that can I inject into WiiVC or should I inject WiiFlow boot.dol directly?
you'll need to get one of the forwarders from wiiflowiki and use customizemii to extract the .dol and inject it into a wiivc. there was one made by @WesMods a while back but it was made to work with wiiflow lite not wiiflow.

@matt! did you ever get hold B and + to work?

biggzsizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68 On my Wii, every time I load WFL from my forwarder (like I always do) the big WiiFlow logo shows, then the wait imgs,...then DSI occurred. and it dumps to "Reloading in 10 sec" it reloads on its own, and goes into sourcemenu. If I load a game and exit the game, I usually come back to WFL, but it shows the wait imgs,.. then DSI occurs and dumps to reload again.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated,.. Also, I deleted the entire wiiflow (.ini included) directory from apps so it's a clean install as far as the app goes

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68 On my Wii, every time I load WFL from my forwarder (like I always do) the big WiiFlow logo shows, then the wait imgs,...then DSI occurred. and it dumps to "Reloading in 10 sec" it reloads on its own, and goes into sourcemenu. If I load a game and exit the game, I usually come back to WFL, but it shows the wait imgs,.. then DSI occurs and dumps to reload again.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated,.. Also, I deleted the entire wiiflow (.ini included) directory from apps so it's a clean install as far as the app goes
honestly have no idea. I can't even fathom why on reload it works.
try force cios off in main settings>start settings.
it could be incompatible SD card or USB HDD.
or it could be something to do with your cios or ios58.

Reactions: Alexander1970

dweller25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you'll need to get one of the forwarders from wiiflowiki and use customizemii to extract the .dol and inject it into a wiivc. there was one made by @WesMods a while back but it was made to work with wiiflow lite not wiiflow.

I extracted the forwarder dol from one of the wad forwarders in "WiiFlow vWii pack 1 fixed.zip" and injected into WiiVC. It starts WiiFlow, but I get an error message like "No cIOS found.." and it quits. Just to be sure I reinstalled the custom IOSes with d2x, but it did not help.
When I start vWii mode normally and run WiiFlow from there it works fine. I also injected USBLoaderGX forwarder into WiiVC and this works without problems. Any suggestions?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I extracted the forwarder dol from one of the wad forwarders in "WiiFlow vWii pack 1 fixed.zip" and injected into WiiVC. It starts WiiFlow, but I get an error message like "No cIOS found.." and it quits. Just to be sure I reinstalled the custom IOSes with d2x, but it did not help.
When I start vWii mode normally and run WiiFlow from there it works fine. I also injected USBLoaderGX forwarder into WiiVC and this works without problems. Any suggestions?
Sounds like i need to fix something. Wiiflow shouldnt need cios for wiivc. By the way you wont be able to run wii games and wii vc and wiiware. They require cios. And everything must be on sd card.

dweller25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like i need to fix something. Wiiflow shouldnt need cios for wiivc. By the way you wont be able to run wii games and wii vc and wiiware. They require cios. And everything must be on sd card.

What I actually want is run Wii games from SD card with WiiU gamepad support. I don't want to create WiiVC injects for every game.

EDIT: Now I get it, cIOS is not available in WiiVC mode/injects. So I am out of luck.

Last edited by dweller25,
Reactions: matt!

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I actually want is run Wii games from SD card with WiiU gamepad support. I don't want to create WiiVC injects for every game.

EDIT: Now I get it, cIOS is not available in WiiVC mode/injects. So I am out of luck.
You can use wiiu pro controller but not the gamepad. Sorry i misunderstood.

But i do know why wiivc cause that error. Its because i set wiiflow to use cios on start. I need to add a wiivc check and tell wiiflow not to use cios for it.

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@matt! did you ever get hold B and + to work?
Sadly not. Would like to.

Though during this I learned you can skip between letters of the alphabet which is useful!

ps: somebody mentioned it does not work for plugins which may be me, I display Wii+GC games in one carousel... I think using plugins?

Last edited by matt!,
Reactions: fledge68

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But i do know why wiivc cause that error. Its because i set wiiflow to use cios on start. I need to add a wiivc check and tell wiiflow not to use cios for it.
I just ran into this same issue today trying to make a forwarder. When the cios issue is fixed should we make forwarders without Game Pad support then? Sorry if this has been answered but there are a lot of pages.

dweller25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I actually played around a bit and added wiiu gamepad support to USBLoaderCfg just to see if it will work and it works, but of course Wii games do not start (it tries to load IOS 2xx and freezes). Maybe I could try to add this to WiiFlow as well.
Is there any way to run Wii games from usb loaders (from SD card of course) in WiiVC mode? If WiiVC injects work, could the same be achieved with WiiFlow or other usb loaders? I do not know how the WiiVC injects for Wii games work, so I am not sure if this would be possible to implement.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually played around a bit and added wiiu gamepad support to USBLoaderCfg just to see if it will work and it works, but of course Wii games do not start (it tries to load IOS 2xx and freezes). Maybe I could try to add this to WiiFlow as well.
Is there any way to run Wii games from usb loaders (from SD card of course) in WiiVC mode? If WiiVC injects work, could the same be achieved with WiiFlow or other usb loaders? I do not know how the WiiVC injects for Wii games work, so I am not sure if this would be possible to implement.
My understanding is you can not load wii games from usb and sd because that requires using a cios. Wiivc uses ios 2xx or 255 and you cant reload to a cios or any ios.

But there is a way to make a wiiu channel that launches the wiiflow lite forwarder channel on vwii which allow you to do whatever wiiflow is capable.

Reactions: WesMods

dweller25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My understanding is you can not load wii games from usb and sd because that requires using a cios. Wiivc uses ios 2xx or 255 and you cant reload to a cios or any ios.

But there is a way to make a wiiu channel that launches the wiiflow lite forwarder channel on vwii which allow you to do whatever wiiflow is capable.

Theoretically, would it be possible to patch the IOS255 fw.img to include the cIOS syscalls needed for loading the wbfs files from SD card?

darkovo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having trouble playing quite a few emulator systems working within WiiFlow on the Wii (not Wii U). Games are in correct folders on USB hard drive. The following gaming systems games just black screen then WiiFlow restarts after 10 seconds or whatever:

NES
Game and Watch
NEC PC Engine/Supergrafx

I've tried different plugins but not having any luck.
I've also tried different SD card setups like the WiiFlow 4 The Masterpiece Pack by Abz, this is even worse for me, can't get many systems working at all using this setup!

Many other systems work fine, such as SNES, Megadrive, Game Boy etc.
I suspect the plugins are the issue, but due to lots of other settings for Video and CIOS to use etc I'm getting a bit lost.

Any help please is appreciated, and/or a link to another SD card setup build I can try (without anything naughty of course!).

davejsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The new version v5.4.4 isn't loading any games for me, i mean wii/gamecube/plugins/wiiware or VC i went through the new changes and instructions before posting and didn't notice anything wrong with my setup, everything works as expected, it just doesn't load the games (just shows black screen), previous wiiflow versions loaded games ok.
Any idea about what could this be?

EDIT: I'm starting to think this may be related to the latest video changes made to wiiflow, my wii is connected to my smart tv via a hdmi converter (which i think only accepts 480p), i need to further test this out but i'm open to suggestions.

Last edited by davejsp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?