Hacking WiiFlow Lite

erket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, First of all, thanks fledge68 for keeping wiiflow alive. It's an awesome and very complete loader.

I'm using wiiflow 5.4.3 and I have an issue loading some PAL games like Mario party 8 and Bomberman Land on my NTSC wii, I tried to force the video mode but the TV displays a "no signal" warning . These are my game settings:

Video mode:ntsc
Patch video modes: All

With this settings on USB loader gx, both games are working. Can you help me, please? Thanks.

P. D: Sorry for my english.

Last edited by erket,
Reactions: jeannotte

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, First of all, thanks fledge68 for keeping wiiflow alive. It's an awesome and very complete loader.

I'm using wiiflow 5.4.3 and I have an issue loading some PAL games like Mario party 8 and Bomberman Land on my NTSC wii, I tried to force the video mode but the TV displays a "no signal" warning . These are my game settings:

With this settings on USB loader gx, both games are working. Can you help me, please? Thanks.

wish i could help. I don't have any PAL games on my ntsc wii. I'm surprised that force ntsc or pal 60hz doesn't work. anybody else out there that can help with this?

Last edited by fledge68,
Reactions: erket and jeannotte

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Hello.:)

Please check in the InGame Settings - Page 4 -> NAND Emulation and disable it please.
This Option"redirects" the GameSave from the real Wii Memory to the emuNAND on the SD Card.
Some Games did not like this Option enabled (also in USBLoader GX).

You do not need to change any other Setting.WiiFlow is a very clever Loader.:)
This works for both Games.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: erket and jeannotte

erket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

Please check in the InGame Settings - Page 4 -> NAND Emulation and disable it please.
This Option"redirects" the GameSave from the real Wii Memory to the emuNAND on the SD Card.
Some Games did not like this Option enabled (also in USBLoader GX).

You do not need to change any other Setting.WiiFlow is a very clever Loader.:)
This works for both Games.

Thank you.:)
Hello, I did what you said but the games still don't work :(. I forgot to mention that I'm using a component cable and the wii is at 480p and When the games are loading the TV changes the resolution mode from 480p to 480i and then it shows the "no signal" warning. As far as I know, Mario Party 8 and Bomberman Land are 50hz only games, so that could the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by erket,
Reactions: Alexander1970

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I've sent @fledge68 a fix for this issue.

When the next version is released instead of using them two settings try setting the video mode to progressive.

Last edited by blackb0x,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before I commit wiiflow 5.4.4 I would like some people to test some things to make sure they are fixed.

@erket test your pal games video patching
@protivakid test devolution and wii cover downloading

@TRATxSTARS when wiiflow can't find your roms it should display the roms folder path so you know where its looking.

IMPORTANT! when installing this download you must replace your bins and imgs folders. please back them up or rename them in case you need to go back to your previous version. the imgs folder contains some images that were converted from jpg to png and other images were optimized to be smaller in size.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/te0er8x7g25ze47/wf5.4.4test1.zip/file

erket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before I commit wiiflow 5.4.4 I would like some people to test some things to make sure they are fixed.

@erket test your pal games video patching

Hello, with this version and the settings that blackb0x indicated me, the games are working fine now! Thanks fledge68! Thanks blackb0x!

Last edited by erket,

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@blackb0x @fledge68

So, the issue was that some PAL titles would not display video.

However, some other PAL titles did work. Why is this?

With this new change, those games that did previously run are demonstrably sharper/clearer. Why is that?

TrackMania, Sin & Punishment 2 (Star Successor), Zak & Wiki are the ones I am most familiar with that I still run PAL versions of. I suppose those games have been running from WFL with slightly borked video until this recent change?

Just interested in the nature of the fix.

Cheers!

Happy frequent-PAL-gamer

Last edited by matt!,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, the issue was that some PAL titles would not display video.

However, some other PAL titles did work. Why is this?
I guess some games either don't require DOL patching or the old code worked for some titles and didn't for others.

With this new change, those games that did previously run are demonstrably sharper/clearer. Why is that?
There were some missing and mismatched video modes that I corrected. I haven't gone ahead and compared the output quality though. I just made sure that there actually was an output ^_^

YamiM

Trophies
Website
yamiartio.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Denmark
Hey, I'm planning to install this onto my good ol' Wii, it looks great and I love how it both supports SD and external HDDs, along with easy access to playing ROMs. The only thing that's making me hesitate and consider USB Loader GX are some of the options for viewing your collection--- Is there any way to view stuff as a channel grid using the regular Wii or GameCube icons for back-upped games (maybe custom ones for emulated games), like the normal Wii Menu or what USB Loader GX has?

Last edited by YamiM,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v5.4.4 released today!

https://github.com/Fledge68/WiiFlow_Lite/releases/tag/v5.4.4

IMPORTANT! with this release you must replace your bins and imgs folders or it may crash. move or rename those folders to back them up in case you need to go back to previous version.

- fixed crash when pressing 1/x or 2/y buttons (change coverflow layout) when no covers are loaded.
- fixed hiding the wait loading animation when using source menu on start.
- fixed exiting source menu on start via B button so covers show properly.
- fixed launching GC games via devolution. (if you still use it)
- fixed deleting wii games so that all the wbfs files are deleted.
- fixed using homebrew icon.png's with transparency as covers for smallbox by restoring some old code I didn't understand.
- fixed a potential issue if using the source select icon on main screen with no source menu.
- added 'no games found in {roms folder path}' if wiiflow doesn't find any roms for a plugin. This will let you know where wiiflow and the plugin are looking for the roms.
- spanish and korean languages updated. thanks DDinghoya and CrewMdk!

Blackb0x commits:
- fixed missing cacheing covers for real nand channels if you add covers manually and do reload cache.
- set riitag url to use https
- prevent crash caused by debug logging when using gamercards
- support paletted png images
- optimized wiiflow images and converted all jpg to png because using png images seems to consume less memory
- covers and banners download faster now
- added check for incomplete downloads before saving. Downloads should only fail like this if your WiFi signal is poor, your internet connection is awful or the server is experiencing issues.
- fixed video mode patching for PAL games.
- tried fixing cacheing covers after downloading them. works better but still might not create cached covers. It's a low free mem2 error if using rhapsodii shima theme and having a lot of games. if covers do not appear after downloading then i suggest rebooting wiiflow and doing reload cache first thing or switch to wiiflow's default theme and then download the covers and then switch back to rhapsodii shima theme.

new devkitpro version coming soon. (if you want it).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte