Homebrew WiiFlow Game Install Question

Master Keaton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum side of this site but I've used the tutorials in the process of modding my Wii for Homebrew (which was successful).

I have a question regarding where WiiFlow saves games that are installed. I installed Metroid Prime (Gamecube), but was unable to find the actual game in both my Gamecube section or any other section, I looked in my external HDD and it was there as "Metroid Prime [GM8P01]" but for some reason WiiFlow didn't seem to be acknowledging it was there.

Also, my Wii doesn't seem to want to play Gamecube games via the Disk Channel anymore. It'll load Wii games just fine but whenever I try and play a GC game it just goes to a black screen (which through some research I *think* is caused by Dios Mios) - this isn't too much of a problem as I have two Gamecubes but I was just wondering if there was any way around it.

If needed, my system software is 4.3E and I'm running IOS 58, rev. 6176.

Also, if this is the wrong section then I apologise.

Also, no responses after 2 days?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The lack of responses is probably due to the fact there could be many reasons you're not having much luck as you're a bit of a newbie to this sort of thing:

Is your copy of Metroid Prime a good dump?
Did you use DiscEX or DMToolbox? Which revisions? Did you compress or not?
Are you using Dios Mios or Dios Mios Lite? Have you installed BC-NUS-V6.wad?
How have you formatted your ext. hd? Is the game in its own folder inside a 'games' folder?
Have you told wiiflow to look for GC games in your usb1 (IS your hd plugged into usb1?)
Since you have GC discs, have you tried Devolution? What about backup Wii games?

....Sorry if I sound a bit snappy, but that's a quick list off the top of my head, and there could be a few other reasons too...:).

Master Keaton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry about it :)

I'll address what you said in order:

1. Its not a copy, its the physical disk
2. When I do use downloaded iso's, I use DMToolbox 2.8 (I assume seeing as that's what my DiosMios WAD is)
3. I'm using the full Dios Mios I assume (version 2.8)
4. My External HDD was formatted to FAT32 with 32Kb clusters, and it is within a "games" folder
5. WiiFlow sees the list of GC Games

I'm just wondering where WiiFlow as a program "installs" the games to when you choose to do so, I see it go into my ex. HDD "F:\games\[Metroid Prime] GM8P01" in this case but when I go and reload cache on WiiFlow it doesn't show in the list.

Edit: I just thought of this: I recently purchased Skyward Sword and when I put it in the Wii there was a system update which was done in like 30 seconds. It didn't change my firmware (its still 4.3E) do you think they patched out support for playing Gamecube disks on the Wii via the Disk Channel?

Double Edit All the Way Across the Sky: I'm assuming uninstalling WiiFlow will get rid of the issue as well. If not, I really have no qualm with using my Gamecube to play the games that aren't on my external HDD.

FINAL Edit: I now know that it IS Dios Mios that stops me from playing Gamecube Games via the Disk Channel and there is a way around it. I apologise for wasting time, its just I wasn't sure where to go to. Requesting closure.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hah, no probs fella ...more like it was ME being the newbie by not reading your question properly!! The only newbie thing you did was put this in the wrong section - should've been in Wii - Backup Loaders - hence me jumping to the 'you is a n00b!' conclusion.
Glad you're all sorted! If you're after playing your own GC backups on the Wii on your hdd, then have a gander at Devolution... once ripped (1:1) and verified using Devolution you can then use a Wiiflow/Devolution setup to play the game with far greater compatibility, plus bonuses such as Wiimote/CC use, streaming music, internet etc.... worth the [slightly tedious/arguably pointless in my opinion] setting up.

Master Keaton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I'll remember to put it in the correct section next time!

Yeah, the solution is I can run it from the disk using NeoGamma if I select the "MIOS" option for running.

The only other solution I found was using CFG USB Loader but that required using CIOS 249 (I have CIOS 58 installed, as mentioned in the original post)

Cheers again for the help and I'll try not to be so nooby next time :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o