Wiiflow, detects harddrive and iso, but game doesn't play.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by fojacko, Mar 7, 2014.

1. fojacko
    OP

fojacko GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    So i had some trouble with wiiflow not detecting my hdd. That was solved by buying a y-splitter, but now it will detect my hdd, load the list of games, but none will play.

The HDD light stays on all the time, so it's not loosing power. But it is formatted as NTFS, is that the problem. My HDD has other stuff on it, so if i make a 2nd partition, put all my other stuff on it, then use the 1st partition as FAT32, will that solve my problem? (I have about 500gb worth of steam backups, so that's why i haven't tried it yet, it will be a long process, which i don't want to go through if it wont work.)

2. gameboybin

gameboybin Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2013
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    I got this problem too. Please someone solve it!!!

3. VinsCool

VinsCool Scrambled Mind

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    to fix the issue, I used a sata-to-usb adaptor, with external power, and everything perfecly ;-)

Oishikatta likes this.
  4. Hero-Link

Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    i had this issue... my solution?

changed loader, i changed to USB Loader GX and everything started working with no issues...

5. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013
    (no need for partitions or for a ntfs format.....) mines a 1.5TB hard drive fat32 NO partitions with its own power adaptor. so if uve set it up correctly (have it marked primary and active) then all should work fine

6. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    You say none of the games will play, but can you give a more descriptive account of what happens? Black screen? Error dump? Back to loader? Back to HBC (if you launched the loader through HBC)? Back to Wii menu?

ozl and jammybudga777 like this.