Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem getting Ocarina codes to work with some Virtual Console NES/SNES games. My Wii is soft-modded to 4.3U via ModMii. Using the latest version of Wiiflow. (Not using emulated nand.)

Here's what happens; I load Wiiflow and switch to my nand and can see all of my VC games. I will select Super Ghouls'n Ghosts and apply the Ocarina cheat for invincibility and launch the game. The game cinematic plays fine but when the actual game play starts, the screen turns to garbage but the music still plays. I can hit the home button on the classic controller and reset the game but in the end, same problem. In Marioa Kart 64, no matter which cheat I apply, the game runs fine but the cheats never take.

I tried a competing usb loader and same problem......cheats codes just aren't working. This leads me to believe it is an IOS problem but not sure.

Any help is appreciated

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need opinions on if i should make the switch to wii u the only reason i would like it better really is just because its high def but i cant really see any other reason for getting it

If that's all you want to do then check amazon for Wii to HDMI adaptor. I have one and in my opinion, it works great and it's not that expensive.

Reactions: Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Maxternal. Keeping support is always a good idea in case it comes back again, like DM.
I believe Nintendont will come around one day. But until then, I got my Devolution to keep me going.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need opinions on if i should make the switch to wii u the only reason i would like it better really is just because its high def but i cant really see any other reason for getting it

My kids rarely play the WiiU. That might change if it is ever modable but for now I'd stick with the Wii.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried changing the hook type to VBI in the settings?

Yep, tried VBI and that OSSSleep one. Same end result........failure. Does anyone have a guide that gives a detailed description as to what these different types of hooks are used for? If I get some time later tonight, guess I'll try the rest of the hook types. Am I the only one with this problem? (Of Ocraina codes not working in Wiiflow for VC games installed in the real nand?)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Right now I'm unable to test but I'll be back up and running in a couple of weeks, my HDD's should be arriving soon and I'll be able to start testing again, which makes me very happy. 2BH actually I don't use cheats much, but don't mind testing to see if they work or not. I used cheats for a few Wii games here and there and it worked with the right setting but never tried cheats with VC or WiiWare.

It'll be interesting to try some stuff out.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now I'm unable to test but I'll be back up and running in a couple of weeks, my HDD's should be arriving soon and I'll be able to start testing again, which makes me very happy. 2BH actually I don't use cheats much, but don't mind testing to see if they work or not. I used cheats for a few Wii games here and there and it worked with the right setting but never tried cheats with VC or WiiWare.

It'll be interesting to try some stuff out.

I figured it out. The problem was IOS36 related. I'm on 4.3U so I needed a patched IOS36. First, I grabbed NUS Downloader and downloaded IOS36 v3351. Then, went into SIP (Simple IOS Patcher) and picked the option to patch IOS36. From a guide on wiird.l0nk.org, I answered "yes" to "Patch ES_Identify" and proceeded.

My clue was when I went into Gecko OS, I didn't have the option to 'launch channel'. After reading around what could cause that, I stumbled across the post that talked about if your IOS36 wasn't patched, the 'launch channel' option wouldn't be in Gecko OS. I was playing with Gecko OS and Accio trying to get cheat codes working and that's when I noticed I couldn't launch channels from Gecko. Now that my IOS36 is patched/downgraded?, I have WORKING cheat codes for Virtual Console games in Wiiflow! :)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with my WD My Book 2TB HDD with wiiflow. I have Wiiflow set to autoboot, and when I start it up, it code dumps. Only after it dumps does the little light on the front stay solid. I think Wiiflow may be a bit slow in initializing my HDD. It has a power button on the back, if I press it before turning on the wii, all is good. Is there any setting on the HDD I can tinker with, or can FIX94 add a check for this drive?

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello
Wiiflow r1053

i get stack dump if i scroll nand preset
i have setup two nand preset (sd:\root, usb1:\nands\nand1)
Please dev/coder of wiiflow do this change:
Is possible setup a preset ok? now wiiflow need to have PARTITION (nandemu section>>>>gear>>>PARTITIONS) like this

PARTITION: NAND, PRESET1 , PRESET 2 ecc...

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wiiflow v4.2 up to R1053
wiiflow folder, all games in HD formatted in NTFS does not work

wiiflow v.4.1.3
wiiflow folder, all games in HD formatted in NTFS, it works

you can solve this problem
thanks

comp245

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello How to do that when you run the latest launched wiiflow appeared Wiiware game example. I always appear when you start the game Wii. In version WiiFlow 4.1.4 below and everything worked. In version WiiFlow 4.1.4 - 4.2.1 r1052 I do not work run the latest games. May need to adjust somewhere?

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
r1053 With alternate Boot Animation:
jYiuC2m.gif

Dol:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lbc3egh1l9le88m/boot.dol
Zip with bins and imgs folders - for your apps/wiiflow folder:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/lzybi0v1h3o32x8/wiiflowr1053AltWaitAnim.zip

I'll be trying some new animations out soon, if anyone's interested.

Reactions: KiiWii

JSchloegel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which D2X cIOS do u have installed?

So sorry on the late reply, working graveyard throws off my sense of time and stuff (wibbly wobbly timey wimey). Anyway, I installed the wads included in Abz's pack, used 249 to install 245-248, then 250-242 d2x-v10-beta53-alt, and then 246 or 248 to install 249 d2x-v10-beta52. These were installed on the wii, not the emunand if it matters. Finally I used the wad manager 1.7, I believe. Thanks for trying to help, also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...