Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue with the "return to" option in Wiiflow. When I select "return to" Wiiflow or another channel:

- ver. 4.1.2.: It Works, returning to Wiiflow after exited from a game
- ver. 4.1.3.: It Works, returning to Wiiflow after exited from a game
- ver. 4.1.4. rev 932: It doesn't work, returning to Menu System after exited from a game.

Tried on both realnand and neek2o environment.

Anyone has the same problema with rev. 932?
Is this from a regular Wii game or a emulation game? And are you on a Wii or Wii U?

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
fledge68: I would congratulate you on the latest additions to the page explore, but to see the defects proves that you do tested anything you do, miigotu powaa certainly.
it's fine to want to encode, but we know how to do properly. To date, only fix and overjoy are.

Abz: it's been over six months that you are told that your frame banner is crap because as impossible to manage.But you dont test your carbonik_abz on another resolution that your.

I feel to go back 3 years, 5 rev per day, only bug in perspective.

Please flegde68, leave to those who know. And abz, stop paint, it destroys the eyes.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are we hating on Fledge68 and abz? I mean seriously, wtf? If you don't like a certain ADD ON, then don't use it. If you have a better way of doing things, or better ideas period, then by all means, step up and offer a helping hand instead of insults that if continued over a prolonged period of time, may just very well make them decide "Fuck it!" We don't want them to rage quit and leave things unfinished, do we? lol (o.=.O)

Reactions: bostonBC

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I must jump to mamule's defence again (even if he does not want me too) and maybe clarify it a little.

The way he says this is somewhat harsh and rude, but i think he speaks the truth.
The source menu has had a track record of many bugs and the theme's are, also to my opinion, patched with bad band aids...(if you get what i mean). To update or create a good looking and working theme takes time and craftsmanship..not throwing some stuff together in one day..

So to conclude it, the work is hated, not the people.
Also i think working together has never come up...so that might be a good idea...if both sides are up to it :D

One more thing Drakorex, mamule IS doing something, he takes the time atm. to update the original carbonic from benjay and orchid thems, and is working on a brand new one that looks amazing. And don't forget he contributed a lot of covers to gameTDB, and you know the high standards lustar has.

That said...I personally am glad that there alternatives, and i really do appreciate all people that take the time to work on Wiiflow stuff, that is why it is still very much alive. But i must say it gain, personally i rather have it done good and neat than quick and easy with the risk of sloppyness and bugs.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
mamule remains my friend despite his bold way of expressing his opinions.
I respect his work on the themes.
Carbonik would never has been this cool without his hard work (along with benjay and ayatus)

However when we have a bug or issue we try to find a solution instead of quiting, and that's what I just did:
https://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/issues/detail?id=191&thanks=191&ts=1374091290

As for fledge, he's is my best friend and all the great things he did won't fit in such a tiny post.
I'm sure his great contributions will always be remembered

Edit: I tested 16:9 and 4:3 pal-60 now and I can hardly notice any differences in banner frame positions!
what settings make such a difference obvious?

screenies:
jcvMYSo.jpg

pWOZQFl.jpg

Edit2: Ok I used the same game now and I can notice the "slight banner shift"
n0YGqUu.jpg

lfYfRyH.jpg
however both banners are completely inside the frame with nothing outside!

Soupaman66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i made some progress with the update for Cover - 2 - Rom. Now there's the option for browsing for the file
Capture2.png

I'm still working on folder directory instead of file when browsing for the four directories. Once I get that done, I'll upload it.

Reactions: MassiveRican

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Ok, one last note about the banner/frame thing.
I'm posting below screenies of the banner with no frames in 4:3 and 16:9 modes
4:3
571Fk9z.jpg

16:9
acRttCN.jpg
As you can notice the banner in 4:3 mode is only 3 pixels away from the right edge, while in 16:9 it's 12 pixels

this itself causes a great limitation when it comes to frame width in 4:3 mode since any frame will cover part of the right side of the banner to stay away from the edge.
And here are the screenies with the frame:
4:3
1r6XV6z.jpg

16:9
6GBWKog.jpg
where you can notice how the right side of the banner in 4:3 is covered by the 16 pixels frame to keep the 3 pixel gap from the edge

what I did is a compromise to keep all the banner edges inside the frame, make it look nice in 16:9 mode with almost all the banner showing and look fine in 4:3 mode with a moderate banner part covered.

The banner is displayed using a projection method much different from the way a png image (the frame) is displayed using x,y coordinates.
So a solution would be to either make frame in banner or tpl format and project it on top of the banner itself (which Fix94 believes is very memory unfriendly) or to have another method of displaying the frame which will be relative to the banner position.

Personally I definitely hope to see this problem fixed but I can live with this bug in 4:3 mode especially if finding a solution will jeopardize the stability of the loader

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must jump to mamule's defence again (even if he does not want me too) and maybe clarify it a little.

The way he says this is somewhat harsh and rude, but i think he speaks the truth.
The source menu has had a track record of many bugs and the theme's are, also to my opinion, patched with bad band aids...(if you get what i mean). To update or create a good looking and working theme takes time and craftsmanship..not throwing some stuff together in one day..

Also i think working together has never come up...so that might be a good idea...if both sides are up to it :D

One more thing Drakorex, mamule IS doing something, he takes the time atm. to update the original carbonic from benjay and orchid thems, and is working on a brand new one that looks amazing. And don't forget he contributed a lot of covers to gameTDB, and you know the high standards lustar has.

That said...I personally am glad that there alternatives, and i really do appreciate all people that take the time to work on Wiiflow stuff, that is why it is still very much alive. But i must say it gain, personally i rather have it done good and neat than quick and easy with the risk of sloppyness and bugs.

I hear what you are saying but for him to throw the coding slight in on fledge and then drop miigotu into the conversation with the problems he caused is about all the hate I can stand.

Unless fix94 releases an official all of the revs are work in progress and NOBODY should expect anything to work - much less complain that only certain people know how to code and debug.

Is someone wants to report a bug on a wip rev then use Google code or post it here if you must.

But anyone who bashes a dev on free software that people are devoting their sparse free time on should be censured IMO.
fledge68: I would congratulate you on the latest additions to the page explore, but to see the defects proves that you do tested anything you do, miigotu powaa certainly.
it's fine to want to encode, but we know how to do properly. To date, only fix and overjoy are.

Abz: it's been over six months that you are told that your frame banner is crap because as impossible to manage.But you dont test your carbonik_abz on another resolution that your.

I feel to go back 3 years, 5 rev per day, only bug in perspective.

Please flegde68, leave to those who know. And abz, stop paint, it destroys the eyes.
Where is the unlike button?

And mamule - piss fledge off and who is going to manage the wiki? I'm just paying for the domains, I don't have time to update it. You going to step up and help with that and coding or just complain?!?

Yes for those who see this I am pissed that anyone expects free software - let alone works in progress to be bug free and perfect.

Reactions: Tij and drakorex

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't mean to be disrespectful but in regards to mamule's post, I must say u can be truthful and bold, but there is definitely a hint of cynicism there. Referring to Miigotu and telling people not to code is insulting both parties, there's no need to act like your on a pedestal. Fledge68's contributions to WiiFlow are among some of the most beloved ones, and they're very much appreciated.

I very much respect your work mamule and the whole theme team. Remember thought that the mod is WIP, bugs persist, you should not expect bug free coding, and the stable release is where some of your concerns should lie. Many of us love the Source Menu, it's my number one preferred method of switching between all my plugins and I also think that banners are more aesthetically pleasing i.e. look much better with a frame around them than with nothing at all. We all have different tastes and I feel like your trying to shove what u like about WiiFlow on the rest of the community like that's the best way. We have options for a reason try to stay open minded. Thanks for all you do and I look forward to the rest of your amazing contributions.

Soupaman66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I finally got the Cover - 2 - Rom updated. However I'm not suprised if there could be a bug/glitch. I didnt see any but there may be.

more modern look
now browsing for a folder is an actual folder browser instead of file browser.
ability to browse for missing image
bug fixes
http://tspiller.webs.com/apps/blog/show/30019283-cover-2-rom

nibb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

mamule you are my HERO... Thanks for taking so much time for making the Themes look great Again
also dont let those Guys here on gba fail get on your nerves, so just to let you know i´m behind you 100%

also my 2 cents about the source menu shit in wiiflow, i HATE it.. think it is crap
just like Abz´s master crap pack....

Reactions: seam

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp