drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've made a little editor program for the source menu
http://www.mediafire.com/?rv535uqpxu75f77
Here's a screenieView attachment 2454
It will let you edit all the INI information for the source menu as well as conveniently select from a list of plugins you have to automatically put the right magic number in place. It will also let you add or remove whole pages or remove a single button. There are tooltips for general instructions.
Point your mouse at a button to see it's "selected" image.
I works with Windows, Mac and Linux as long as they have Java installed (link for Java included)
It will first ask you to select your WiiFlow folder and if it can't find either the source_menu folder or the plugins folder it will as for further information.

Any errors please let me know in the corresponding threadhttp://gbatemp.net/threads/maxternals-wiiflow-plugins-and-java-apps.344802/I'll add the download there as well when I can.

EDIT : Can someone with a Mac or with Linux try these scripts out with this and REPORT BACK? I don't actually have either one to test to see if they'll work with those OS's.SH file : http://www.mediafire.com/view/?73o915s9pl6cx5bCOMMAND file : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0hgu6hk6getg1lk
This is the most kick ass thing I've seen in months. And I recently saw a vid of someone helicoptering on an escalator. If you could get the same kind of thing going for categories, or themes, I may have to throw away my undies! :P

Reactions: Maxternal

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

Necromancyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of a 'list of games' option being added in to Wiiflow? I know it's a bit outside the 'flow' option, but it would be great for huge emu lists where cover packs and box packs are...limited at best. :)

...this may be possible now for all I know. If it is - I'd definitely appreciate anyone pointing out how to do it.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Any chance of a 'list of games' option being added in to Wiiflow? I know it's a bit outside the 'flow' option, but it would be great for huge emu lists where cover packs and box packs are...limited at best. :)

...this may be possible now for all I know. If it is - I'd definitely appreciate anyone pointing out how to do it.
Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jcc59ml76vb8spp/9I2bGcnu0g/Extracted/_Handy PC Tools/Makelist.bat
I'll add all emulators to the list-generator later using the default paths in the Masterpiece.
For now you can edit that file to suite your needs

Necromancyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait...either I'm missing something or we're not talking about the same thing. :)(unless I'm missing something and by dropping a txt list of rom names somewhere I can do that already)

What I want to do is have a list of games IN the front end. Basically, list on the left or right of game names that you scroll through, with covers/flow on the other side. So you can see 10-20 titles (not just covers) at once.

Does that make more sense? (But thank you for the bat - that definitely is a quick and easy way to get a list! :) )

I feel like I should be able to do this with the left and right title options...but I'm not seeing a set of left and right titles ever appear - unless it's some undocumented font config option I'm missing somewhere that's making them not appear.

Necromancyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea if there's a way to make more than one title appear on screen at a time? Not completely clear on what the left and right title position options are for in the flow editor on the Wii if not for titles other than the focal cover.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait...either I'm missing something or we're not talking about the same thing. :)(unless I'm missing something and by dropping a txt list of rom names somewhere I can do that already)

What I want to do is have a list of games IN the front end. Basically, list on the left or right of game names that you scroll through, with covers/flow on the other side. So you can see 10-20 titles (not just covers) at once.

Does that make more sense? (But thank you for the bat - that definitely is a quick and easy way to get a list! :) )

I feel like I should be able to do this with the left and right title options...but I'm not seeing a set of left and right titles ever appear - unless it's some undocumented font config option I'm missing somewhere that's making them not appear.
I think you are looking to add a list display mode similar to the one in USB Loader GX where the games are shown in a list box on the right and the small 3d cover art is shown on the left of the screen.

I also like that as an option but I don't believe the coverflow in WiiFlow can currently support it.

I personally really like that and the channel display option in USB Loader GX. Would be nice to have in WiiFlow too but that would likely require a huge effort.

I just made the request on the Googlecode side (ID=179). Hopefully the devs find it a useful addition and work it into the dev stream in the coming months.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
R903
mplayerce does not return to wiiflow

[PLUGIN]
magic=4D504345
covercolor=ffffff
coverfolder=mplayerce
filetypes=.avi|.mp4|.mkv
romdir=mplayerce
dolfile=mplayerce-svn-r673.dol
bannersound=mplayerce.ogg
displayname=MPlayerCE
consolecoverid=
arguments={device}:/{path}/{name}

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Maxternal did you somehow read my mind or what? XD I thought if creating a gui editor for the source menu would be possible somehow, and poof, there it is. Now if that isn't magic, then I don't know. Looks very nice and user friendly, will try it out in a moment.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@maxternal. man i gave this a go, an have to say it's a nice add on. even though i really don't use plug ins cause of the "complaction" of getting every thing up an running.( easier at this point to just use neek20.) but at this point i might start using emulators with this out. great job!
just a side question. seeing that this reads"buttons/ placements from ini text. how hard would it be to set up for themes?
having it look like the theme maker for gx, seeing that the one for gx uses the same program.(java)..? or mybe getting a hold of the writer for the gx theme maker. an adding this an a way to use that theme maker for wiiflow..? thank you for this.

Rocco Savadgie

Trophies
XP
Country
hello all, I've asked this before several months ago and the answer was no, but perhaps things have changed - has anyone created a category file for wiiflow that sorts the wii library based on their average rating from a ratings site like metacritic?
95-100 AAA Titles
90-95 AA Titles
85-90 A Titles
0-50 Shovelware
etc.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
@maxternal. man i gave this a go, an have to say it's a nice add on. even though i really don't use plug ins cause of the "complaction" of getting every thing up an running.( easier at this point to just use neek20.) but at this point i might start using emulators with this out. great job!
just a side question. seeing that this reads"buttons/ placements from ini text. how hard would it be to set up for themes?
having it look like the theme maker for gx, seeing that the one for gx uses the same program.(java)..? or mybe getting a hold of the writer for the gx theme maker. an adding this an a way to use that theme maker for wiiflow..? thank you for this.
I like the idea of having a theme editor, too. The problem, though, is themes take a lot more info into account and I'm not as familiar with themes so it's something I'd have to look into. I'd also need to better understand more how to program 3D stuff. It's something I'd like done but there's a bit of research that would go into it for me and will take quite a while among all the other projects I've got going on.

Reactions: macmanhigh

Necromancyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you are looking to add a list display mode similar to the one in USB Loader GX where the games are shown in a list box on the right and the small 3d cover art is shown on the left of the screen.

I also like that as an option but I don't believe the coverflow in WiiFlow can currently support it.

I personally really like that and the channel display option in USB Loader GX. Would be nice to have in WiiFlow too but that would likely require a huge effort.

I just made the request on the Googlecode side (ID=179). Hopefully the devs find it a useful addition and work it into the dev stream in the coming months.

This is exactly what I wanted to do. Even when cutting down ROM lists to just US roms, some systems have hundreds and having it with a list would make things incredibly easier. Also, having a jump to next letter control option would speed things up incredibly for emu's with huge lists.

An alternative would be being able to place titles for the left/right flows also.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the idea of having a theme editor, too. The problem, though, is themes take a lot more info into account and I'm not as familiar with themes so it's something I'd have to look into. I'd also need to better understand more how to program 3D stuff. It's something I'd like done but there's a bit of research that would go into it for me and will take quite a while among all the other projects I've got going on.

Definitely a Theme Editor would be Awesome as WiiFlow is 4.1 already......uny news on any updated themes???

Im working on a Mod cause i needs me sum new Themes :)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i want to have mario kart arcade load, do i need to have quadforce on real nand or is there a way to have in on emunand and work with wiiflow in real nand mode?

i dont want to switch wads to change from gamecube to quadforce. if its possible please someone let me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators even automatically detect them now
    Yeah it's a good time to be alive lol
    Pi4 and Batocera works with them perfectly too
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see future tap to pair options like you hold it over a scanner and it just automatically pairs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No need for additional cords buttons or anything
    Hmmm yeah that is possible BT has an address like an IP
    Scan a QR code on your phone open a page with the controller and a QR code for the device, hit go and done
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One less latency issue for radio frequency
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even wifi pair opening just an app to sign is nice
    Yeah it could be hosted on the phone hmmm it's an idea Ken
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But could be bad for people with lower speeds but how many mbs would it really need to detect a button press
    Nearly nothing
    Most of it BT used
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's how I pair with uremum, I wave a $5 bill across her face, and instant link.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A priest travels to China holy covid
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A priest travels to China holy covid