Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Again with rev838 I have the same issues.AbdallahTerro,do you have any ideas why is this happening only on these two games?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you use d2x beta r52 or r53? I personally prefer r53 since its faster for me, but for some people r52 works better...

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Again with rev838 I have the same issues.AbdallahTerro,do you have any ideas why is this happening only on these two games?
I would delete wiiflow.ini gamesconfig files in settings folder and try different setting (force video) or different IOs such as hermes v5.1,
trial and error :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
838 pack is out: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z6ed89qxc1n6g8b

New Updates:
* Updated WiiFlow to rev 838 (Many bug fixes including SD emunand fix)
* Changed "Info" Button to "Help" Button and fixed "Go" button size/position in game installation menu
* Added plugin partition autosave feature so that we don't need to change it when roms are on several partitions (Thanks Fledge68)
* Language files update
* Added "WF-Priiloader-Forwader-Loader-DWFA.dol" for priiloader in order to use WF as System Menu replacement
* Updated D2X CIOS to v10 (rev52/53 Wii Editions)
* Updated Carbonik Abz theme to 4.0.6+ with many bugfixes especially for 16:9 mode
* Updated Devolution/loader to rev169
* Faster Boot using Wii Savegame Emulation
* Updated Uneek2o to rev 95 Beta 4 (Back on track - Thanks OverJoy)

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@ Fix94,I use beta 53 alt-vWii.It is weird because I tried all of my games and work perfectly except these two.

@ AbdallahTerro,I use vWii so,I cannot try Hermes v.5.1.I already tried forced ios with no luck and also edited wiiflow.ini to force block ios.But I will try as soon as possible to delete the file you sueggested and I will report back!

edit: I just deleted gameconfig files from the settings folder and now EVERYTHING works perfectly!

Fix94 and AbdallahTerro THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :grog:

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
here is r838
Thanks for all the work and improving wiiflow massively (fixing sd nand stuff was huge)
I found one bug testing r838,
if you have the game partition set on "sd" and nand on sd, game save and full nand emulation doesn't work. Just get a blackscreen when I try to load the game.
I tried nsmb off sd r822 and have tried with r838 but it will only load if nand emulation is off.
This only happens with games partition on sd.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Funny how people report bugs in irc only but however lol, here is r838:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1lu5svaai9hp2ay
Hey Hey!! That's not... entirely true >_> lol so far r838 is going well for me, partial emusave works great and launching all my e-NAND titles with no problem. Would love some feedback from others on how well emusave partial/full is doing.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Funny how people report bugs in irc only
Hey Hey!! That's not... entirely true >_> lol so far r838 is going well for me, partial emusave works great and launching all my e-NAND titles with no problem. Would love some feedback from others on how well emusave partial/full is doing.
So far full emunand save (the only one i use) works out well, used with r838 and D2X v8, no weird errors, hangs or dumps yet.
But then again, i dont need to report it here because i am on IRC too :P

Reactions: MassiveRican

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems like its no loader issue
Ok I thought this might have been a seperate problem with "games[sd]" nand emulation...
But read the link and thought about it more and understand.
The nand emulation only stopped working after i put one of my Wii games in sd/games folder and in wiiflow switched game partition from USB to SD (i was just interested to see wiiflow loading disc games off sd).
From reading the link im guessing that if I move my nand to USB then i should be able to load games off sd with nand emulation. I'll check this sometime soon just to make sure anyway.

And the only emuNand problem I have now is the "Nintendo channel" doesn't work, all the other system channels seems to work great.
I know i mentioned it before, can this be fixed do you know? It's not that I need the channel but just wondered if there is a way?

One other thing i noticed,
it seems to take a really long time to start wiiflow up from sd when no USB drive is plugged in?
(nsmb Wii in sd games and hbc)

kelvinml

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured I would upload my wiiflow debug to see if anybody seen something wrong as to why I am getting 15 to 20 seconds of a black blank screen during startup times to load into wiiflow. I have just got wiiflow back to the basics right now with no games,plugins,etc just to see if it had anything to do with the startup
time and it did not. My sd card is pretty much empty with just wiiflow and a couple more apps. Thanks in advance.

Code:
Welcome to WiiFlow (Beta 4.0.6-r838)!
This is the debug output.
Enabling ISFS Patches...
apply_patch 'isfs_permissions': found at 93a11304
Init ISFS
Found WiiFlow Save
Loading IOS Settings from NAND
WiiFlow is in real nand mode
Real Wii
IOS58 v6176
Enabling ISFS Patches...
apply_patch 'isfs_permissions': not found
Init ISFS
FAT Partition at sd: mounted.
SHND: Running sound thread
Wiiflow boot.dol Location: sd:/apps/wiiflow
DIOS-MIOS (Lite) not found
Loading cIOS map
Found cIOS in slot 222
Found cIOS in slot 223
Found cIOS in slot 224
Found d2x base 37 in slot 245
Found d2x base 38 in slot 246
Found d2x base 53 in slot 247
Found d2x base 55 in slot 248
Found d2x base 56 in slot 249
Found d2x base 57 in slot 250
Found d2x base 58 in slot 251
Found d2x base 56 in slot 252
Data Directory: sd:/wiiflow
Switching View to GAMES
Games found: 0
SHND: Stopping sound thread
SHND: Stopped sound thread
Cleanup Coverflow
MEM1_freesize(): 16748496
MEM2_freesize(): 44650368

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fledge, would be cool if you could check my work now.
just got home, can't compile it or try it right now but after examining the code and using c++ reference to figure out the stuff i'm not used to - all looks good. It should be working fine. Thanks.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I figured I would upload my wiiflow debug to see if anybody seen something wrong as to why I am getting 15 to 20 seconds of a black blank screen during startup times to load into wiiflow.
You don't have any HDD connected, but wiiflow waits for one, thats the loading time.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good to know, thanks!

I have it successfully returning to HBC so hopefully a new batch of forwarders will be possible.
I have good and bad news about that. The good news are the forwarder is working, the bad news are I cant release it since its just a modified homebrew channel dol with the forwarder injected :P

Reactions: bostonBC

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone able to get monster hunter to work on vwii? it freezes when you begin the game. I recall that it uses hermes cios. maybe theres an installer foe vwii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to