Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
emunand on sd but not using sneek at all.
I was under the impression that to run a emuNAND off of USB with neek2o there had to be a folder called /sneek on the USB drive with a USB version of all the system files in it and that to run an emuNAND off of the SD card with neek2o there had to also be a /sneek folder on SD with all the SD versions of the system files on it.

I've never tried it, though. I could be wrong. I did think there was something different in how ModMii you built neek2o in order to get it to work with USB or SD.

Fhining

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello Everyone! Im new here in GBA Temp! But not around the Scene... But i have a Big Question, i´ve been trying withou success to create a Wad Channel of Open WiiFlow this last version, i´ve done LOT OF other channels with Wadder and Customize Mii, but Its impossible to access OWF withou the SD inserted. I´ve been looking at this thread and cant find anyone who created a good Wad.

If this possible to do? or Open WiiFlow just work via HBC and SD inside?

Thank you so much!

Cheers!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hello Everyone! Im new here in GBA Temp! But not around the Scene... But i have a Big Question, i´ve been trying withou success to create a Wad Channel of Open WiiFlow this last version, i´ve done LOT OF other channels with Wadder and Customize Mii, but Its impossible to access OWF withou the SD inserted. I´ve been looking at this thread and cant find anyone who created a good Wad.

Thank you so much!

Cheers!
One option for you is to put all the files on your hard drive instead of the SD card. Just put the /apps/wiiflow/boot.dol file on your hard drive and then run it without an SD card inserted the first time and it will create all the files on the HDD. Also, even if you have an SD card in, if you have games on your HDD already it will automatically use the same partition for those files.

The channels linked to above are still forwarder channels so won't work COMPLETELY by themselves but they are perfectly able to find the boot.dol file even if it's on USB and not in the SD card.

(this will work fine if your HDD is formatted to FAT32 or NTFS (or even the Linux EXT# formats IIRC) but will not work it's ALL formatted to WBFS ... but that's pretty outdated anyhow and in that case I'd suggest using wbfs2fat.py to make the change) If you were to have a non-forwarder channel and like you say and be using only a WBFS hard drive with no SD card there would be no place for settings files, cache and cover files, etc. and WiiFlow would not work as well.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you so much!

Cheers!
Here's a tip from Abdallaterro:

you will need wadmii.exe (wiics tools), default 14b forwarder wad, and your wad.

using wadmii.exe
Here's what I do:
1. extract default-14b-wad to a folder
2. extract your custom wad to another folder
3. copy all files from default to custom except 0000000.app (i.e. the banner)
4. pack the custom wad with wadmii
done :)

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope neither of the above. PAL launch day Wii. Never bricked. Never had to recover via bootmii. Only ever really used Priiloader (region free everything enabled) The weirdest thing is wiiflow has always worked flawlessly for me up until 4.0.5 :)

Last night I made the tests for you, swapped the dol again back to 4.0.5 and it crashed, loaded it up again and it loaded, played a NSMB hack for hrs, quit game fine, loaded up 4.0.5 again and it crashed... it literally is 50/50 for some reason.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
For 815+ button changes and position adjustments
*New Help icon / replaced "info (c)" icon
*Adjusted "GO" button position
Il85o.jpg

d2qi0.jpg

Z7hup.jpg
download it from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7bqqs09vrm6n9rl

Have a nice day :)

Reactions: luck_gh0st

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh my god if sd card nand problems are fixed that will make all the difference to me...
I'm sorry I could not help when you had asked (Just that I'm unwell and away from wii at the moment) but I can't wait to update hearing this news.

Thanks fix94 nice Xmas present and merry Xmas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://youtu.be/N8pbnjvypQ0?feature=shared&t=958