Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok - here is my categories_v4.ini:

http://www.filedropper.com/categoriesv4_1

I cleaned up all the blank entries by going to GameTDB and checking and updating the correct categories.

Since this info is in the xml it would be nice to be able automatically extract it and populate the categories_v4.ini file (game section info).

Until that happen you can drop this file on your system and enjoy categories even more :)

Reactions: 1 person

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a place we can download neek2o r93, so I can launch WIIWare? I see people mention it al the time in this thread, but I haven't been able to find it.
Thanks,
Gassy

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I must say, I dont like the fact that you dont see which music file is playing atm, so I'm thinking about somethin like this:
Sep-16-2012-13h02m43s.jpg

What do you guys think?

Reactions: 3 people

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sweet idea! Would be cool if it didn't obstruct the cover though.
I'm pretty much done with it already, and I set it to 3 seconds, so if a new song starts it'll show and 3 seconds later it'll fly out again until another new song plays ;)

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
When i start WiiFlow 4.0 or 4.0.1 i just get a black screen and the wiimote shuts down. What am i doing wrong?
d2x v8 is installed.
edit
Neogamma works perfectly fine, but not WiiFlow :-/

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished it and uploaded r725:
http://www.mediafire...rra2aw557m7lqgs
That fixed it - 725 is working very nicely now.

Thanks for your super fast work (as usual).

Have a terrific day!
Using latest WiiFlow 4.01 on code.google age
Hey, how about testing beta 4.0.2 r717?
http://www.mediafire...dc75yw6nd21i5sx
When i start WiiFlow 4.0 or 4.0.1 i just get a black screen and the wiimote shuts down. What am i doing wrong?
d2x v8 is installed.
Try updating; I had issues with 4.0.1 albeit it wasn't the same issue your experiencing but I'm currently running r717 & it's working great!

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must say, I dont like the fact that you dont see which music file is playing atm, so I'm thinking about somethin like this:
Sep-16-2012-13h02m43s.jpg

What do you guys think?
Cool. Very cool. I don't suppose you thought of adding to it a little? Perhaps a shuffle button and play list support? And just when I thought Wiiflow couldn't be pimped out any further :P

daredevilz

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey folks.. I have a problem with my WiiFlow. Before I get into things I would just like to make it aware that I am a 100% Noob at this and a lot of the hacking and emulation installation was done through guides if not trial and error.

However I've installed  WiiFlow (Latest Version) perfectly to the best of my knowledge. Followed each and every step of installation, seems cool to load up on HBC etc. So no problems here.

The FIRST problem I had was the 'ErrGame4' issue. So after digging around the right forums... (Found the solution right here actually!) I managed to find out I needed to install all the IOS files etc which I done with 'PimpMyWii' so I guess theres no Problems here.

Now.. The SECOND problem is that now that I have installed all the correct IOS, When loading WiiFlow, I go into my USB Partition. I can see the games I've put on my USB. But when I select them now to play.. instead of displaying the 'ErrGame4' Error.... It just takes me back to the Wii Menu.

What am I doing wrong or what do I neeeeeed to do!?

Before anyone tries to help which I am thankful for, please go easy with any complicated steps as I have previously pointed out that im a little noobish to this whole thing so if you can please break things down to an understandable level to a begginer it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

triptophan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm attempting to make the switch from cfg. I managed to get plugins all up and running (other than scummvm, but thats for another day). My emulators and GC all work fine. My Wii games all appear properly, but no game seems to load. I have the most recent d2x installed as 250, with another cios on 249 that was loading wiiware forwarders in cfg. I also have hermes cios on 222, 223. The Wii games are stored as wbfs files in an NTFS partition. I'm using the most recent revision of wiiflow. Any ideas on how to address this?

DaveZ_227451

≡≡ Big Kid ≡≡
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey folks.. I have a problem with my WiiFlow. Before I get into things I would just like to make it aware that I am a 100% Noob at this and a lot of the hacking and emulation installation was done through guides if not trial and error.

However I've installed WiiFlow (Latest Version) perfectly to the best of my knowledge. Followed each and every step of installation, seems cool to load up on HBC etc. So no problems here.

The FIRST problem I had was the 'ErrGame4' issue. So after digging around the right forums... (Found the solution right here actually!) I managed to find out I needed to install all the IOS files etc which I done with 'PimpMyWii' so I guess theres no Problems here.

Now.. The SECOND problem is that now that I have installed all the correct IOS, When loading WiiFlow, I go into my USB Partition. I can see the games I've put on my USB. But when I select them now to play.. instead of displaying the 'ErrGame4' Error.... It just takes me back to the Wii Menu.

What am I doing wrong or what do I neeeeeed to do!?

Before anyone tries to help which I am thankful for, please go easy with any complicated steps as I have previously pointed out that im a little noobish to this whole thing so if you can please break things down to an understandable level to a begginer it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
I'm attempting to make the switch from cfg. I managed to get plugins all up and running (other than scummvm, but thats for another day). My emulators and GC all work fine. My Wii games all appear properly, but no game seems to load. I have the most recent d2x installed as 250, with another cios on 249 that was loading wiiware forwarders in cfg. I also have hermes cios on 222, 223. The Wii games are stored as wbfs files in an NTFS partition. I'm using the most recent revision of wiiflow. Any ideas on how to address this?

i believe http://modmii.zzl.org/home.html will fix things for the both of you.

triptophan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i believe http://modmii.zzl.org/home.html will fix things for the both of you.

Thanks for the suggestion, So far I can't find anything I haven't already done in the guides. in cfg all games work, with the appropriate ios selected, in wiiflow it shows me the wiiflow loading screen, then goes black, no matter what the wii game. I never see a code dump or anything to point towards where its getting stuck. Is there a way to get any debug info?

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this has been addressed but ocarina cheats are not working on my part.
USB-Loader-GX and CFG-Loader are not giving me that issue, just WiiFlow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!