Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a strange issue with gamecube. I'm sure I'll wind up discussing in IRClater but for some reason mario party 4 and 5 show up but them 5 is duplicated twice more in place of 6 and 7. So its mario party 4, 5, 5, 5 instead of 4, 5, 6, 7! I double checked and dolphin lists all 4. Weird.

edit its gotta be a wiiflow problem, usb loader gx and cfg mod both see all 4 titles independently.

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In r506 when i press disc icon to play a backup or original game i receive a black screen, somebody can confirm this issue...

Thanks.

PD: In r428 is working fine

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys - are any of you lot getting black screen locks when starting a Wii game, about 30-50% of the time? (edit: wii games off HDD)
Been happening for the last few revisions I've compiled, up to 506.
If I just keep trying after reboot the game will eventually work.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In r506 when i press disc icon to play a backup or original game i receive a black screen, somebody can confirm this issue...

Thanks.

I saw the same thing last night with r506 but figured it was a glitch... haven't retried it.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about testing r512? I changed a few things to this video mode settings, they were pretty complicated before.
510 and 511 look ok to me. I haven't run the full test suite but I am not getting black screens or code dumps.

What is the 'Game' video mode option in r511?

Also - did you change the index on the video mode options? My system setting was 'System' and it changed to 'Progressive' in r511. And my individual game video settings changed also.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"Game" just uses NTSC if the game region is NTSC or PAL if game region is PAL, progressive if component cable found, so in short the easiest option you can use :P

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Game" just uses NTSC if the game region is NTSC or PAL if game region is PAL, progressive if component cable found, so in short the easiest option you can use :P
Exactly as the name implies :lol:

I compiled r512 and am using it now.

I cleared all my individual game settings and am running with the default video mode as System.

My 3 problem games - Kirby RTDL, The Smurfs Dance Party and Thomas Hero of the Rails are all working fine with the default now - no individual game change needed.

Are there any games or game types (PAL etc) you would like me to test?

r512 looks good!

Edit... Nuts ,,, COD Black Ops is code dumping.... Here is the screen shot.

Edit2 - maybe it was a glitch... it came up fine after I rebooted.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit... Nuts ,,, COD Black Ops is code dumping.... Here is the screen shot.
That doesnt surprise me, thats because of the memory management, I need to set it down to less MB, prolly from 49 to 46MB, then it should work just fine.
Cool, I did run some other things before hand and change coverflows before I ran COD BO the 1st time. The 2nd time when it worked I ran it straight after the reboot.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just noticed that Wiiflow isn't showing all of my Gamecube games on USB. It only shows 5 of the 6. If I use a program like Dios Mios Booter, they all show on the list. Is this a Wiiflow bug or something on my end?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, I did run some other things before hand and change coverflows before I ran COD BO the 1st time. The 2nd time when it worked I ran it straight after the reboot.
See r513, I hope 46mb are enough, but now that game should work always ;)
Awesome, thanks for the quick turn-around. I have a few things to do at work and will then pull r513 down and test it.

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks.

I saw the same thing last night with r506 but figured it was a glitch... haven't retried it.

FIX94 And this... Please dont forget this to play by icon Disc... And a difficult game is Bomberman Land PAL in wii NTSC...

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well,using r506 I tested some GC games and the only ones I had problems were

-Beyond Good and Evil

-Skies of Arcadia Legends

-Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy

-Rayman 3

-King Kong

-PoP WW

-Splinter Cell 1

All the games are PAL and none of them supports 60hz.So,I think that this is a video mode problem. (Needless to say that the majority of these games were working perfectly before.)

Fix,can you upload rev 513,please?I noticed that you corrected some video options and I am willing to test these PAL 50hz games again. :-)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats a dios-mios (lite) error, it fails to set the video mode properly. Most PAL games support 60hz, if they doesnt then it fails of course since there is no video patch for them.

Tobynator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got a strange issue with gamecube. I'm sure I'll wind up discussing in IRClater but for some reason mario party 4 and 5 show up but them 5 is duplicated twice more in place of 6 and 7. So its mario party 4, 5, 5, 5 instead of 4, 5, 6, 7! I double checked and dolphin lists all 4. Weird.

edit its gotta be a wiiflow problem, usb loader gx and cfg mod both see all 4 titles independently.

Got the same problem, only on these games :(

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thats a dios-mios (lite) error, it fails to set the video mode properly. Most PAL games support 60hz, if they doesnt then it fails of course since there is no video patch for them.
I see...So,the best thing we have to do is waiting Crediar to release the next version.Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.