Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah r122 is RC1 for v2.2.... The updater will most likely get flushed and only have v2.2 on it upon release.

As for the rev's I think I'm going to go ahead and go back to the covert development style again like we did between 42 and 44.

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
i am kind of lost... always used coverfloader in the past which has not been updated in ages. so im currently trying all other usb loaders. could you please give me a link to a stable release of wiiflow?

i tried the google code page, the website and the gbatemp wiki. not one release version to be downloaded. thanks in advance.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sakax said:
i am kind of lost... always used coverfloader in the past which has not been updated in ages. so im currently trying all other usb loaders. could you please give me a link to a stable release of wiiflow?

i tried the google code page, the website and the gbatemp wiki. not one release version to be downloaded. thanks in advance.
Sakax, that's not true. The releases can be found on the google code page, under downloads.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mugotu said:
As for the rev's I think I'm going to go ahead and go back to the covert development style again like we did between 42 and 44.
Not sure if I agree with that, but we can have a discussing later this week about this.
smile.gif

Merging was a pain...

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
mugotu said:
Not sure if I agree with that, but we can have a discussing later this week about this.
smile.gif

Merging was a pain...
idk, it wasnt so hard merging official to dev a few hours ago. I just checkout->export-> paste the exported source to the other working copy, right click and add any unversioned files and commit.

ofc, im w8ing for you to come back for anything major tho.

Anyways a full release is overdue as there are some bugs that have surfaced in r92. I was hoping maybe to go through and make the buttons mappable by the user now that i have them pretty much all in one place now before the release. Thought it may be a nice touch.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
r-win said:
mugotu said:
smile.gif

Merging was a pain...
idk, it wasnt so hard merging official to dev a few hours ago. I just checkout->export-> paste the exported source to the other working copy, right click and add any unversioned files and commit.

ofc, im w8ing for you to come back for anything major tho.

Anyways a full release is overdue as there are some bugs that have surfaced in r92. I was hoping maybe to go through and make the buttons mappable by the user now that i have them pretty much all in one place now before the release. Thought it may be a nice touch.

Miigotu:

Before you release you stable version could try and get the theme bug taken care of, please. I was fixed in r120 but is now back in r122. Thanks. I don't mean to bug you on this but I never got a response and wanted to make sure you were aware of it.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
QUOTE said:
mugoto forgot to mention/ask if you like to have to delete your wiiflow.ini all the time, or move your directories around alot, or have to update your themes alot...which if you do, then keeping up with the latest 'daily' WiiFlow version is for you. He also forgot to mention how things often get broken when they're fixing other things. IOW, the latest WiiFlow version isn't always the best...or most functional. If you really want to keep up with WiiFlow, you'll need to follow this thread and learn from other users' experiences. Just read back a few pages and you'll be able to see why.

I haven't used CFG or followed it for a while, but if what you say about the update situation is true, then it's a bit hypocritical/disingenuous for mugoto to say otherwise IMO, considering his rant about giving all the proper information when advising people about what file system to use. Oh well...live and learn.

Check your PM's.
smile.gif
*Laughs*, you must really not follow wiiflow well if this is what you think. Before something breaks I usually fix "100" other things, and even then i fix what I broke in less than a day.
As for the wiiflow.ini that only had to be changed when tons of configurable settings were changed and was necessary for your ini to be as small as possible. This doesnt have to be done all the time. "Just read back a few pages and you'll be able to see " that noone was instructed to do that in a long time, and not many ppl have that many real problems with wiiflow anymore directly because of the paths and ini changes that were made. Seriously go to the thread you want to be in and stop trolling ours.

Dent said:
Do you find that all the later revisions after R92 or so do not automatically create all the necessary subdirectories if they do not already exist?
They create them fine. anyways r122 is incredibly stable atm. you can get it from irc by typing !help, or w8 until i make the next beta release. I'm just trying to add in a few more fixes/nice things for it to be worthy of a release candidate.
It's odd/sad that you would sit there and have a go at CFG Loader, but if anyone dares to compare what you said about CFG with your loader, you call it trolling.
rolleyes.gif

So, these "100" other things you are fixing while only breaking one thing (and fixing that one thing is 'less than a day' like the theme problem described by mgrimmenator), where did they come from?

My point was regarding it not always being the best idea to use the latest version unless you're fully prepared to keep up with this thread and perhaps IRC now. r-win's post pretty much says exactly the same thing. I mentioned 3 things specifically, you only addressed one, so I take it you agree with the other 2 items. I see it appears r122 has directory changes being made again. I see the themes are apparently re-broken (again). I imagine themes will need updating again soon too. I'm not saying these things are good/bad, just a statement of the things you'll have to deal with if you are constantly updating to the latest rev. available. It is no different than USB Loader GX, which I mentioned to you in a PM a while back, along with a few other suggestions/comments. The PM you blew off with a 'buzz off, we can do no wrong' attitude, although you then almost immediately implemented the suggestions I made.
laugh.gif
ONCE AGAIN, I'm not criticizing your decisions on how you go about developing/releasing the loader, just stating some facts which should be obvious to anyone using code released in the fashion you have chosen (as opposed to how CFG goes about it). BTW, I see that now, after you've 'stated the facts' about CFG and how they release, you appear to be considering adopting their method. Isn't that ironic?

Keep up the good work, however you decide to release it. Looking forward to the next stable release.

p.s. I don't have anything further to say about this subject. Between my posts and r-win's, I think it's all been said.
smile.gif

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
The 100 odd things fixed, are not usually bugs, but only modifications or improvements. The most recent being a lot of updates on controller options, button mappings, DVD launching for Wii and GC games, plus the nice addition of the upgrade option. Plus a lot of work in tidying up the code, reducing the size of the ini files, etc.

The theme bug, is I think simply buttons sliding on screen a different way from that designed by the themer, and then only after the initial launch. It is very minimal and I think most people may not even notice it.

At the moment I think they are achieving a happy medium with the upgrade options. Not all upgrades/revisions are available within WiiFlow, but enough are to add the new features without most additional bugs. If you want the absolutely latest revision you need to visit the IRC channel, and then you should expect bugs and have to feedback to the developers, as you are basically becoming involved in the development. Most users will not need this option, but it is very cool that it is available.

This in my opinion opens up the testing to a wider audience, within WiiFlow, whilst keeping the most recent developments, and associated problems, within the mirc user base.

I am loving the way most of the additional features will remain hidden unless you look for them. If you do not use fanart or trailers simply do not download them, if you do not wish to boot GC or Wii DVD then the icon does not appear unless you insert the discs. If you do not wish to upgrade often then do not use the upgrade option, it is not as if WiiFlow is prompting you to upgrade.

The only time there has been some major bugs within WiiFlow was when some major features were being implemented, such as NTFS and FAT32 support, ISO file support, etc. This was major work on the code and trying to support so many different file systems, IOS possibilities, etc will inevitably result in bugs. I'm expecting further major issues when/if they implement NAND emulation, but hopefully I will be proven wrong.

btw I also use Configurable and GX loaders and they also have their strong and weak points. I am just really enjoying the direction WiiFlow has been taking. Although at times I do feel sorry for the themers as they seem to be having to make a lot of adjustments, but hopefully that will stop soon.

I personally would have added more pages with additional buttons within the options a long time ago, even though they may not have been needed. Then if they were needed they would already be included within the themes. Simply add the buttons but have them marked as unused.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mgrimmenator said:
Miigotu:

Before you release you stable version could try and get the theme bug taken care of, please. I was fixed in r120 but is now back in r122. Thanks. I don't mean to bug you on this but I never got a response and wanted to make sure you were aware of it.
Strange, i use r122 now and do not have the problem from r120 anymore..
Your talking about the info/credits button right?

Edit: in addition i must mention something also, yesterday i updated to system 4.3 with waninkoko's updater. Today is the first time i,m trying r122 with carbonic, so its maybe not a good comparison anymore with mgrimminator's setup.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jakejm79 said:
So I just updated everything (HBC, Priiloader, cIOSX r20). and I have a small problem:
When hitting the home button (or icon) WiiFlow will just freezes this is when I launch it from the dol forwarder (via priiloader), if i launch it from the system menu (via wad forwarder) or directly from HBC pressing home returns me to the HBC (my desired behavior). I assume it is more a priiloader issue and the fact that it isn't updated to know the 1.0.7 HBC ID. But how come it works correctly from the System Menu? What command does WiiFlow issue when trying to load the HBC via the home button, since I assume it isn't just loading a hardcoded channel ID (i.e. JODI or HAXX)
Yep, have that too, it is either HBC or Priiloader, not Wiiflow, it doesnt matter what CIOS u use. I only updated HBC (before CIOS rev20 was out) and immediately had the freeze problem.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The new button mapping since r121 makes me crazy.
biggrin.gif

-B+UP is now search by previous alphabet letter
-B+DOWN is now search by next letter

For me it's inconvenient, especially as +/- no longer used now ...

What's the point?

Reactions: 1 person

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Benjay said:
Yep , it's surely a problem with the new HBC title ID.
Benjay, I dont think it is the title ID for the HBC problem, since if I load WiiFlow from the SM or HBC is will return to the HBC fine. My thinking is that when hitting home, WiiFlow issues the command "load launcher" or something like that, when launching from SM or HBC before WiiFlow is loaded it informs WiiFlow what the new/correct channel ID is for the HBC. I believe that Priiloader isn't letting WiiFlow know that info is whereas the SM or HBC is. Alternatively maybe WiiFlow was set to "load launcher, JODI or HAXX" and Priiloader never passed that info along to Wiiflow.
I would say that WiiFlow needed to be updated with the new ID, but it only happens when loading with Priiloader, I have also updated to Priiloader 0.5 beta 4 and I can launch the HBC from that (couldn't before update). So I dont know what is at fault.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss:

I tried the default theme and on r122 the about/system button loads messed up just like before it got fixed in r120. I am not sure what the issue is. If I go back to r120 all is good again. Not sure why yours is not affected the same way. Maybe like you said you just upgraded to 4.3. I am on 4.1u and have no plans to update since there is nothing that 4.3 offers. I have also not upgraded to latest HBC either since I don't need anything from it either. Once all the kinks are worked out and HBC and Priiloader and cIOS rev20 are all working with wiiflow nicely then I'll see about upgrading again.

I'd would however like wiiflow theme bug fixed, which I'm sure Miigotu will take care of.

As for all the crap going on about what loader to use and such, I am just sick of hearing about it. People should go use whatever they want. BUT, if you come to this thread and start going on about how another loader is better and starting mess, then LEAVE. This thread is for wiiflow not another loader. I don't want to hear your opinions on another loader or how your loader is better. This thread is not for a debate on this and the whole battle over this stupid and childish.

ricerobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Etheboss
Thank you for your kindness in the Mibbit Webchat.
Unfortunately by my mistake, I could not get the forwarder dol for priiloader uploaded by you.
I think hard to use the Mibbit Webchat because of my poor skill, then I would like to seek for any advise in this forum.

In wiiflow r43,r45,r87,r111, r120, Wiiflow_NForwarder dol for priiloader(v0.3c_r58, v0.5 beta3,beta4) does not load.
On the other hand, in wiiflow r25, r33, it loads properly.
Wiiflow_NForwarder dol for priiloader: got from http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/issues/detail?id=102#c3
Wiiflow_NForwarder dol for priiloader got from http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list, does not load because of dump code error.
Carbonik, green, orange, violet forwarder dol, introduced in this forum, also do not load because of dump code error or freezing.

My Wii is 4.2J.
cIOS249 rev17,19,20: Either the same situation.

If anyone tells me any opinions, I hope you appreciate it.

ricerobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@pepxl
The button layout has been changed since r121.
http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/source/detail?r=121
Log message

*Add Screenshot feature, Z button on any GCPad will save a screenshot in
apps/wiiflow/
*Removed settings option "Search Mode" (next added button will go here, or will
be rearranged) it is no longer needed with the new layout.
*Change button layout:
-B+UP is now search by previous alphabet letter
-B+DOWN is now search by next letter
-B+RIGHT is next page
-B+LEFT is previous page
-B+MINUS is cycle selected partition
-B+PLUS is cycle sorting types (NOTE: Using B+UP/DOWN will set sorting to alpha)

*Fix a bug where sorting would crash wiiflow if titles.ini is not present.
*Further cleaning of the ini loading and paths detection.
*Changed some types of some variables (should be more to follow) so they are
restricted to acceptable ranges and use less space in memory.

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ricerobo said:
forwarder does not load because of dump code error

I had similar problems when using an old version or PriiLoader (v0.3) I updated to latest version and now works with all of the forwarder dols that are avaliable.

Plasma

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +1