Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
r-win said:
No. For now, we have a plain focus on bugs first. Some new features are already built, but are disabled until we are sure they work correctly. Don't expect this to be part of the next revision. We are trying to make the next revision stable enough for a release.

This is exactly what I love to hear.
happy.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
jservs7 said:
The only new feature I would want that has no necessity for the functionality and feel of WiiFlow is this:

http://gbatemp.net/t196414-updating-wii-ga...-using-homebrew
Oh, you too? I have the same opinion...it doesn't match with WiiFlows goals, but it would just be hyper-awesome
tongue.gif
(well, except that I would prefer Raptr).

Anyways, @r-win/mugotu You're doing the best thing. Stability over everything, that just what is really needed. So just thank you for all your hard work, really
smile.gif

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
r-win said:
Etheboss said:
mugotu said:
I'm really hoping me and r-win can get these things done so I can work on our other suprises soon!

Hopefully this???

http://gbatemp.net/t210875-3iso-s-studio?v...t&p=2891439
No. For now, we have a plain focus on bugs first. Some new features are already built, but are disabled until we are sure they work correctly. Don't expect this to be part of the next revision. We are trying to make the next revision stable enough for a release.

I am for sure agreeing with you there r-win, but that sounds incredible, if you incorporate that in the new beta releases, i will for sure vollunteer to test it.

Greetz...

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies if this is a little of topic, but it could be loader related, should i be able to play COD World At War online via WiiFlow?

I keep getting an error "The current profile is not allowed to play on Play Online"

I've checked the parental settings as a few people suggested on other forums, and the internet connection tests fine, but I'm now wondering if its because I'm loading it off the hard drive via WiiFlow, I'm on r43, and this is the only online game I've ever tried to play.

Cheers

Plasma

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
.:Plasma:. said:
Apologies if this is a little of topic, but it could be loader related, should i be able to play COD World At War online via WiiFlow?

I keep getting an error "The current profile is not allowed to play on Play Online"

I've checked the parental settings as a few people suggested on other forums, and the internet connection tests fine, but I'm now wondering if its because I'm loading it off the hard drive via WiiFlow, I'm on r43, and this is the only online game I've ever tried to play.

Cheers

Plasma
You need to test it with other loaders to check if it's only WiiFlow related, wich I doubt. Also try to go online with anoter game.

Guys, you need to troubleshoot further before you report something.

In any case, I never had any problem going online playing a game from USB.

Pip'

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
jservs7 said:
The only new feature I would want that has no necessity for the functionality and feel of WiiFlow is this:

http://gbatemp.net/t196414-updating-wii-ga...-using-homebrew
Oh, you too? I have the same opinion...it doesn't match with WiiFlows goals, but it would just be hyper-awesome
tongue.gif
(well, except that I would prefer Raptr).

Anyways, @r-win/mugotu You're doing the best thing. Stability over everything, that just what is really needed. So just thank you for all your hard work
smile.gif
@Blue-K: thanks, but I know it's not your post! It's not edited yet!!!
biggrin.gif

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
mgrimmenator said:
upgrading from R25 to R43. Just wondering if still need to place everything under usb:/apps/wiiflow? If so, where to alt_dols go? Same folder or still on root of usb? Are there any ini changes that I need to be aware of? Is there any updated full install that contains the directory structrue and ini files etc. I don't think a full install has been put out in some time and probably time for one.
Got it figured out, but still there should be a new full install created that puts all the files into the apps folder. Or is this done automatically on first run of the app?

A Full install and the updated libogc w/required libs to compile the latest revisions will be up soon. We need some themes updated so we can make a full and lite version like hibernatus did before. Also I recommend On this new release backup your themes directory and Delete all your wiiflow folders and files! let it create them where it wants to create them and then put your themes directory where it places it. The ini files become very bloated after so many revisions and changes that they cause install issues and slow/laggy wiiflow.

QUOTE(TeenTin @ Jun 8 2010, 05:58 PM) Hope the theme upgrade is ready at the same as the new release.
what does this mean?

wipy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
could be a nice idea to coordinate efforts between themers and coders for the official release for everything to be ready at the same time, but only if nobody's feeling "in rush" : Themers already offered to update, think they deserve at least to take all the time they need to do it. Also clean and quality work worth waiting.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
wipy said:
could be a nice idea to coordinate efforts between themers and coders for the official release for everything to be ready at the same time, but only if nobody's feeling "in rush" : Themers already offered to update, think they deserve at least to take all the time they need to do it. Also clean and quality work worth waiting.
For my part (yes, I did a theme looong time ago
tongue.gif
), I'm waiting for a documentary which explains everything, and also that the interface "change" is finished. I dunno what's about to happen at the Fanart-Front, so I'm waiting for the finished.dol too. I'm not going to redo/update my themes without this, because I want to do the best possible thing I can (and right now, it seems that some people know some tricks which would be useful...).

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@Blue-K : there are not really "tricks" , the .ini is easy to understand , btw if you have some questions about any value in the .ini , PM me , i'll be happy to help you.
Best thing is to try some values on effects and see what it does !

Btw , i'll go to the IRC channel tonight to get some infos with Jiiwah and Mugotu , and i'll do my best to update my themes tomorrow
wink.gif

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far R43 has been working great on WBFS file system. I have one complaint though. In R25 there was a slight delay when you first started the app. So when you set priiloader to auto launch file there was enough time for you USB device to load. Now things are so fast, if you start from off the USB device doesn't have enough time to load and then wiiflow thinks the USB device is not present. You have to hit the reset button to work. Once it is on you can then reboot without any issues and finishing a game and going back to wiiflow works as well.

My question is could the delay be put back in or a config option to set the delay if you want and if you don't need it then set option to 0.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to show my appreciation once again for all of the the coders and themers who take part in creating this masterpiece of a loader!
yaywii.gif
Definitely the best one out there IMO. And thanks for deciding to stay committed to this project Benjay. I've been using Carbonik from the start and love it!

wipy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mgrimmenator said:
So far R43 has been working great on WBFS file system. I have one complaint though. In R25 there was a slight delay when you first started the app. So when you set priiloader to auto launch file there was enough time for you USB device to load. Now things are so fast, if you start from off the USB device doesn't have enough time to load and then wiiflow thinks the USB device is not present. You have to hit the reset button to work. Once it is on you can then reboot without any issues and finishing a game and going back to wiiflow works as well.

My question is could the delay be put back in or a config option to set the delay if you want and if you don't need it then set option to 0.

if it's going to be implemented, i think this must be absolutely configurable (option to 0 is IMO very important) because i didn't get this issue with any hard drives i tested with R43, iomega, seagate, western digital, Usb enclosures with different brands, few other cheap brands, from 320Gb to 2Tb as well, loaded wiiflow R43 from priiloader 0.4 without any issue (about 15-20 tested HDD's) so delay is not totally loader related, adding that kind of option surely CAN be useful for uncommon hardware compatibility but surely needs a disable fonction to avoid unwanted delay for most hdd's who works well.

Edit: oh! sorry i forgot you're talking 'bout WBFS, i tested all this with Fat system, maybe wbfs detection needs more time.

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mgrimmenator said:

I use WiiFlow in exactly this way with PriiLoader and like Wipy I have no issues what so ever with the loading / spinning up of my USB disk.
Mine is a 500Gb Freecom, with a 4Gb FAT and 496Gb WBFS on it. If this is implemented I definately want to be able to turn it off with options!

Plasma

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1