Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

wipy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish i'll find some time to update some themes in a near future, since benjay's just gave us the permission
tongue.gif
(thank you very much for that, btw
smile.gif

but even if i found few hours to do that, i may wanna wait the loader's basic shape to be finished,
cuz currently with all the changes made to the basic structure of Wiiflow, there is 3 brand new buttons
everytime i finally got the time to fix one lolll.

When all the walls will be built, maybe i'll consider to paint them. Personally i use the old ROYAL
theme, i updated it for R36 but i'll have to work on this one first before thinking to update other ones (Royal theme was, is, and will always be my ultimate favorite since the very first Wiiflow i tried, even if i changed the fonts, the default loading cover, the default nocover, few buttons,.....
tongue.gif
)

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wipy said:
I wish i'll find some time to update some themes in a near future, since benjay's just gave us the permission
tongue.gif
(thank you very much for that, btw
smile.gif

but even if i found few hours to do that, i may wanna wait the loader's basic shape to be finished,
cuz currently with all the changes made to the basic structure of Wiiflow, there is 3 brand new buttons
everytime i finally got the time to fix one lolll.
Wipy, I think most of the "new" interface work IS already done. You can join the IRC at Abjects, and look for Miigotu. He's the interface man right now, so he has the latest status on interfaces and such. The bugs which are killing us for the next release, are non-interface related. I know the update feature is gonna have some interface changes, but that's not "on the roadmap" for the next release. If we can finish it in time, it will be included, but I doubt that we will.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well , i've spent the week-end thinking about these damned themes ^^
So , it's okay , i'll manage to find a little time to update them.

BUT , that won't be before the end of the week
wink.gif

Or maybe should i wait for the new updater interface ?

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You've just made my day. Thank you Benjay!
biggrin.gif

You should maybe contact r-win or mugotu to know if you've to wait or if you want any information.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm in contact with Jiiwah , the other themer , so it's okay.
And it's easier for me to speak with Jiiwah , we are both french , and aware of how themes work on wiiflow
wink.gif

In fact i changed my mind , because i think that if i don't wanna update my themes , then i shouldn't have made them at the beginning.
I feel like "obliged" to update them , as long as wiiflow will get evolutions , for the respect of the community , and for the respect the community has shown me.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Benjay said:
And it's easier for me to speak with Jiiwah , we are both french , and aware of how themes work on wiiflow
wink.gif

In fact i changed my mind , because i think that if i don't wanna update my themes , then i shouldn't have made them at the beginning.
I feel like "obliged" to update them , as long as wiiflow will get evolutions , for the respect of the community , and for the respect the community has shown me.

Maybe a wiki page of theming..would be the best to take the burden out from you.
Maybe you and Jiiwah would sort something out.
Thank you for your effort.

PS: BTW: Android Rocks...i'm on 2.1 and im cooking my first roms.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Benjay said:
wink.gif

Great to hear that man, thanks a lot
biggrin.gif

Please be aware there are also 3 hidden buttons and a hidden page, Jiiwah should know all about them

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Pakatus said:
PS: BTW: Android Rocks...i'm on 2.1 and im cooking my first roms.

I'm running custom roms since a few months now , because the Hero was "officialy" stucked in cupcake until yesterday !!
This fu**** 2.1 update is finally available , now i just have to wait for Paul from Modaco to cook the perfect custom rom based on this 2.1 update ^^

Sorry for the off-topic ^^

Jiiwah

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Benjay : Rendez-vous on IRC when you are ready
wink.gif
Many people are happy now !!

@Pakatus : My english is to bad to create a good and understanding topic/wiki page/guide
frown.gif

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
Would be sweet if the same guy who did the interface for WiiMC would lend a hand to WiiFlow. Hmmm....
We dont want to change the overall look of the default theme, Tantric uses libwiigui, and wiiflow does not. So no go there xD

Benjay said:
Well , i've spent the week-end thinking about these damned themes ^^
So , it's okay , i'll manage to find a little time to update them.

BUT , that won't be before the end of the week
wink.gif

Or maybe should i wait for the new updater interface ?
QUOTE(Benjay @ Jun 6 2010, 02:43 PM)
wink.gif

So glad to hear that benjay, there wont be any MAJOR changes to the gui anymore so i think it would be ok to get them up to date this far. There is a debug on/off button going in the game specific settings and then that is done, then there is the updater page button inside the about menu which opens the system menu, and then a downloader which is part of the existing covers downloader page. Those labels are already in jiiwah's list. The last thing is a new button on the main coverflow that possibly coud be moved to help themers out some after i talk with everyone. It would involve reducing the number of categories to 10 rather than 11, and putting the button on the category select menu.

im always on irc so dont hesitate to come ask xD

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Benjay said:
wink.gif

This is definitely one of the greatest news I have ever heard in my life.
happy.gif

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
Benjay said:
wink.gif

This is definitely one of the greatest news I have ever heard in my life.
happy.gif

I might not go quite that far, but it is great news.

Thank you for reconsidering.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upgrading from R25 to R43. Just wondering if still need to place everything under usb:/apps/wiiflow? If so, where to alt_dols go? Same folder or still on root of usb? Are there any ini changes that I need to be aware of? Is there any updated full install that contains the directory structrue and ini files etc. I don't think a full install has been put out in some time and probably time for one.

Got it figured out, but still there should be a new full install created that puts all the files into the apps folder. Or is this done automatically on first run of the app?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alts dols don't go anywhere.

The loader can just detect the dols from the games already on your hard drive i believe.

Once you run R43 it will create all the other folders its needs on its own nothing for you to do.

Themes will look messed up though until they get updated.
Default theme and starnight theme have been updated for R43 and above i believe.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Etheboss said:
mugotu said:
I'm really hoping me and r-win can get these things done so I can work on our other suprises soon!

Hopefully this???

http://gbatemp.net/t210875-3iso-s-studio?v...t&p=2891439
No. For now, we have a plain focus on bugs first. Some new features are already built, but are disabled until we are sure they work correctly. Don't expect this to be part of the next revision. We are trying to make the next revision stable enough for a release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64