Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
nice loader.. awesome in fact

may revert to this...

i dont like the feel of configurable usb loader... and as much as i love GX it is a bit buggy, a seems to lack support these days..

Figured how to get downloading covers working properly with the latest version with a fat 32 drive

(load the data from the sd card)

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
jservs7 said:
Matt93 said:
Hey thanks for fixing the game installation bug r-win
yaywii.gif
Thats what I was looking for, much appreciated.
So that leaves 2 major ones right? (Full compatibility with Hermes cIOS v5 and downloading covers)
Better Hermes v5 compatibility would be nice
smile.gif

isoku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
davidsl_128 said:
jservs7 said:
Matt93 said:
Hey thanks for fixing the game installation bug r-win
yaywii.gif
Thats what I was looking for, much appreciated.
So that leaves 2 major ones right? (Full compatibility with Hermes cIOS v5 and downloading covers)
Better Hermes v5 compatibility would be nice
smile.gif
Is this why games with instruments don't work or is it a bug with Hermes latest cios?

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
the biggest priority should be covers bug now xD.... I'm still waiting.. (those covers are the only thing on my SD x.X and some apps (WiiMC) bug out sometimes with an SD inserted)

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
r-win said:
Kovani said:
@r-win

Did you make a change on WiiFlow for Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands? The game used to play fine with a patched main.dol before you fixed the installation bug. Now I get a black screen. I reverted back to r42 without your fix and the game works. That's weird.
Woops...you're correct, I did something there. I can fix that tonight too...

ah i think I know what you did..

looking at the ini.. return to=

you have added a return to channel function, and that hook causes the game to freeze in the same way as GX

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WIP files doesn't work at all with WiiFlow. I was saying that it works partially, but I was wrong. Sorry for the confusion.

sk8skanj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i get a channel for wiiflow?

Also I tried downloading the one missing cover (rock band metal track pack) and it says memory is full. Neither my Wii, SD Card, or External HDD are full. The HBC/Wiiflow is running off the SD.

soued031

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yaywii.gif
I'm happy that Wiiflow is not dead, I was trying out CFG Loader... I didn't like it, because it doesn't has the same feeling as when you are using Wiiflow. So r-win are you planing to make it possible to install games on a fat/ntfs hard drive or are you just doing some bug fixing? Because it is strange that you didn't post the code on the googlecode site.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
NTFS is too unstable yet, as far as I know. So probably not (at least I hope so...)

Edit: Yay, 2000 Posts
yaywii.gif
. Three ribbons, hell yeah!

soued031

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
NTFS is too unstable yet, as far as I know. So probably not (at least I hope so...)

yaywii.gif

I didn't tried it out, but I wouldn't trust on NTFS for my Wii Games... Fat even less. WBFS is the best way to go if you do nothing else than having games on the hard disk
happy.gif

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. I'm using WBFS on a salvaged 80 gig hard drive with a 2gb SD card and everything has always worked great.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:

yaywii.gif

I am running NTFS , WITH 2TB ,, and all my games work on it ..

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The forwarder isn't working for me. When I start it I think it goes into Wiiflow. But then after a second or two the Wii restarts itself. Does the Wiiflow folder in the apps folder have to be named something specific?

By the way, I'm pretty positive I'm still on cios Rev14 if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

jpref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DespizingU said:
The forwarder isn't working for me. When I start it I think it goes into Wiiflow. But then after a second or two the Wii restarts itself. Does the Wiiflow folder in the apps folder have to be named something specific?

By the way, I'm pretty positive I'm still on cios Rev14 if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

try deleting the wiiflow.ini and run it once through HBC. then load through forwarder , mine worked this way.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
djbubba2002 said:
I am running NTFS , WITH 2TB ,, and all my games work on it ..
I wasn't talking about playing. I was talking about writing them from the drive to NTFS, which is buggy.

@DespizingU Yep, check your naming. For most forwarders, it should be Wiiflow, as far as I know...works for me at least.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
DespizingU said:

Thanks.

if the wii reset back to SM then you dont have the folder in the right place or named correctly, black screens when booting mean you dont have the needed or updated IOS the forwarder uses which is normally IOS35

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
soued031 said:
yaywii.gif
I'm happy that Wiiflow is not dead, I was trying out CFG Loader... I didn't like it, because it doesn't has the same feeling as when you are using Wiiflow. So r-win are you planing to make it possible to install games on a fat/ntfs hard drive or are you just doing some bug fixing? Because it is strange that you didn't post the code on the googlecode site.
The code is posted on google, check the fat-ntfs branch. It's not in the trunk...

Any reports on the installation to wbfs drives? Installing to FAT should work, NTFS is read-only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, only @BakerMan is as young as me